Spyder Garage

Question Glorider on--off

Just watched the installation video on the glorider lights. I noticed he turned them on before putting the final cap on. My prob dumb question is how do you turn them on and off? Do you have to take the cap off each time (if you don't want to run them in the day) or are they always on
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights

Spyder Garage

There's a switch where you can either have it turned off, continuously on (for shows), or motion activated. I have mine on motion activated and they'll automatically come on when moving and will automatically turn off after sitting still for 5-10 minutes (I don't remember the exact time). If you wanted them on for a show or something then you would have to remove the cap. Hope that helps and happy ryding!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The units are activated by a combination of motion, and lack of light. In short, they will come on when it gets dark and the wheel is in motion. Mine tend to stay on for approximately 1 minute after I roll the bike into the garage after an evening ride.

Prior to installation I would recommend you load the batteries and do a series of tests to ensure that they are operating correctly. In broad daylight, switch the unit to "Show" and make sure that the LED's activate and stay on. Next, turn the unit to the on position and allow it to sit until the LED's are no longer active. Take the GloRider into a dark area, such as a closet,and give it a shake. This will simulate the darkness and motion required to activate the LED's and confirm that the units are working correctly. Mount the GloRiders on your wheels and enjoy. The three AA batteries should last pretty well the entire riding year.

I have had mine for two years and they are still going strong. (2nd set of batteries)

Spyder Garage

My batteries don't last that long. But the 'cool factor' over rides that small problem.

Spyder Garage

They have you covered in the above posts. Enjoy the lights.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is great information! I'm just waiting to pull the trigger on them, and was wondering about this very thing... Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    My batteries don't last that long. But the 'cool factor' over rides that small problem.
    Mine do, go with the lithium ones!
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Gloriders

I have had a set of them for some time, and sure do enjoy them. Mine are set to only come on after dusk with spyder in motion. Sure like them on this end.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Do the bright lights of a city trick the sensor into shutting them off?

Spyder Garage

I have my GloRyders (Blue) on and they only come on at night/dusk. When I am in the city they are still on. BTW Customer Service at GloRyder is awesome! When I got my units one had a bad LED and they sent me a replacement the same day I emailed them. I emailed them on a Saturday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info! It would seem to be a shame if you wanted to do some styling while within the confines of a city, and they would stay lit because of all of the lighting needed to keep the natives happy..

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If the sun is setting on my right, that one will stay off. The one on the left that's in the shaded part will light up. City lights haven't kept mine from coming on. CS for them is awesome! I also had a bad LED on one of my colors ( I have red, green and purple ) and they shipped me a new one without question. I also have a set that I modified for my 622 trailer. They will sell you different colored inserts if you want more than one color. I talked with them recently and they were working on a ROYGBIV multicolored set that was remote controlled. I don't know if those are available yet.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

The Glo Rides right now work only on or motion. He told me he is working on them being remote controled.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Have had one set on the '10 for a little over two years and installed a set on the '12 just a few months ago. They look great.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dear Santa...

Spyder Garage

GloRyders have three switch positions: GLO, OFF & SHO. GLO is the setting you want. They will only come on when both the motion and light sensors are activated. They only "see" sunlight, so will come on when you ride into an artificially lit area, like a garage. They stay on for about a minute or two after you stop rolling. I have sets on our two Spyders and also on our RT-622 trailer. Love them!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Do it Bob. You won't be sorry. PS. This will be the easiest farkle installation you have ever done. I've got it down to about 5 minutes now. Unfortunately, you will have no excuse for a barley pop--unless its merely for celebratory reasons.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've got them on my Spyder and my MINI...we're waiting for the new Spyder logo ones to become available in black powder coating finish to order them for Ed's Spyder. Love them!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale