Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default The Most Expensive Spyder Upgrade EVER!

Right after we bought our Spyder RT Limited in April we realized that we had created a major dilemma. We do a fair amount of camping and a little over 2 years ago we splurged and purchased a new all season 5th wheel camper. Now we had to decide whether to go camping or riding. We figured out quickly we couldn't do both if we wanted to travel any significant distance. For shorted distances the wife would ride the Spyder to the campground and I would pull the 5th wheel. As it turned out the camper didn't get used much at all this past summer so we decided to get rid of it. We replaced it with a new special order fully loaded toyhauler! We placed the order in September and we will be picking it up this Saturday.

The links are not from the dealer we ordered from, but are a close representation of the model and options we are getting. I'll post pictures after we get it home.

http://www.holmanrv.com/inventory/24...age-V3200.aspx

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love the Voltage. If I was in the market that would be what I would get. Have fun.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice, enjoy !

Spyder Garage

Very nice and Congrats!
    Wife and I were looking at toy haulers online last night, as we are only a couple years from retirement and are going to relocate and downsize so we can travel. Buying the RT this year changes the plan such that we are considering a second spyder. Now that we have one the wife is riding again and these are so much fun to ride! The huge RV show in Hershey is coming in the spring and that makes for great deals.
    How big is the garage space in yours?
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whew! that is one VERY nice rig!
    The best of luck with it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Way to go.Your new mod looks fabulous.It is a great way to travel.We have have a Motorhome&trailer.We used to haul
    the Goldwing and now the RT.We get out of Florida every Summer with the rig.This year we are heading upto New England and Nova Scotia.We have been all over The U.S. during the 6 years we have had it.We will start off by going to The BRP Owners event in June.
    Good luck and enjoy it.

image.jpg

ivor

Spyder Garage

We've thoroughly enjoyed our Damon toyhauler but now that we've got two Spyders we haven't quite figured out the logistics of traveling with both of them. We have an enclosed motorcycle trailer so we may need to start pulling that, unless I just follow the RV wherever we go...that might not be such a bad idea, now that I think of it! Enjoy your new purchase when you get it! The garage is great to have, especially when it's raining...you can get rid of your wet clothes back there and avoid getting the living area all wet!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by denviola View Post
    Very nice and Congrats!
    Wife and I were looking at toy haulers online last night, as we are only a couple years from retirement and are going to relocate and downsize so we can travel. Buying the RT this year changes the plan such that we are considering a second spyder. Now that we have one the wife is riding again and these are so much fun to ride! The huge RV show in Hershey is coming in the spring and that makes for great deals.
    How big is the garage space in yours?
    We too are looking at retirement from our "day jobs", hopefully in less than 2 years. The soonest will be May or June of 2014. It will really depend on how fast we can sell our farm, which will help fund transition into retirement. There will not be a 2nd Spyder as the wife made it clear she does not want one of her own. The Hershey RV show is not a spring show. It is in September. That's where we made our purchase. The garage in the Voltage 3200 is 10 ft. A 12 ft garage would have been a little nicer, but I have an access issue at my place with a steep grade railroad crossing and ~35 ft is about all I can get in and out with. That's why we went with the 35' model.

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you follow behind; you'll need to "soup-up" your intercom system so that Ed doesn't get lonely...

What about those BIIIG motorhomes that can haul a car in their bellies; would they be able to fit a couple of Spyders?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    We've thoroughly enjoyed our Damon toyhauler but now that we've got two Spyders we haven't quite figured out the logistics of traveling with both of them. We have an enclosed motorcycle trailer so we may need to start pulling that, unless I just follow the RV wherever we go...that might not be such a bad idea, now that I think of it! Enjoy your new purchase when you get it! The garage is great to have, especially when it's raining...you can get rid of your wet clothes back there and avoid getting the living area all wet!

How big is the garage in the Damon? I would think you could get 2 Spyders in by reversing one of them?

My Mods -

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Jayco makes a toyhauler that could take both spyders. I was tempted to buy one two years ago. At the time I didn't have any toys and decided against it. Now, I kind of wish that I did have it!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default toy hauler

I have been looking into buying us one as well, they are very nice for both, camping and riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Right after we bought our Spyder RT Limited in April we realized that we had created a major dilemma. We do a fair amount of camping and a little over 2 years ago we splurged and purchased a new all season 5th wheel camper. Now we had to decide whether to go camping or riding. We figured out quickly we couldn't do both if we wanted to travel any significant distance. For shorted distances the wife would ride the Spyder to the campground and I would pull the 5th wheel. As it turned out the camper didn't get used much at all this past summer so we decided to get rid of it. We replaced it with a new special order fully loaded toyhauler! We placed the order in September and we will be picking it up this Saturday.

The links are not from the dealer we ordered from, but are a close representation of the model and options we are getting. I'll post pictures after we get it home.

http://www.holmanrv.com/inventory/24...age-V3200.aspx

Congrats on your new toy box. I have had a 2013 Voltage 3905 for a few months now and absolutely love it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352908729.618005.jpg
    ]
    Last edited by SpyderDen; 11-14-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

If someone has a model for one that will hold an RT and a non-fairinged cruiser, please post!

Spyder Garage

My Voltage model 3905 has. 8' X 14' garage that would do it. I currently haul my RT-S, 2 recliners, full size tool box and more.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352922064.688687.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That would hold two Spyders pretty easy; wouldn't it?

Spyder Garage

I haven't tried Bob but I think it could be done.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDen View Post
    My Voltage model 3905 has. 8' X 14' garage that would do it. I currently haul my RT-S, 2 recliners, full size tool box and more.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352922064.688687.jpg

Looks like you have the patio/deck option. Looks good in the dealer info, just wanted to know if it is practical or a gimmick.
    Thanks, and apologize to OP for the hijack.
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Spyder Garage

We use it all the time. Here's a picture that I took from the patio! We have been living in the Voltage since May.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352932772.703361.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352932799.499943.jpg

Disney Dream and the 2nd is a nuclear sub coming in to the port on Sunday.

Spyder Garage

The Hershey RV show is not a spring show. It is in September. That's where we made our purchase. The garage in the Voltage 3200 is 10 ft. A 12 ft garage would have been a little nicer, but I have an access issue at my place with a steep grade railroad crossing and ~35 ft is about all I can get in and out with. That's why we went with the 35' model.
    Since I'm only 10 miles from Hershey, had to think about why I missed it this year since I wanted to go and never have yet. I was in a real busy time at work and working extended hours. I also remember we had torrential rains just about that time, and I had major damage to my stone driveway. Well , thinking I was just going to look in the spring, and since it is in the fall I may be a buyer.
    Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Arntufun will be so proud.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

We too are looking at retirement from our "day jobs", hopefully in less than 2 years. The soonest will be May or June of 2014. It will really depend on how fast we can sell our farm, which will help fund transition into retirement. There will not be a 2nd Spyder as the wife made it clear she does not want one of her own. The Hershey RV show is not a spring show. It is in September. That's where we made our purchase. The garage in the Voltage 3200 is 10 ft. A 12 ft garage would have been a little nicer, but I have an access issue at my place with a steep grade railroad crossing and ~35 ft is about all I can get in and out with. That's why we went with the 35' model.
    The Voltage is a really nice unit. I worked part time at Safford RV during the summer doing delivery walk throughs with customers and I demo'ed several of these. What dealer did you buy from? I still like our 40' diesel motorcoach / cargo trailer combo setup. We're looking at eventually upgrading to a new 43' tag axle diesel coach with two baths and full wall slideout. Nice to have the extra space since we live in it for four months in S. Florida during the winter.

Spyder Garage

I bought my Voltage from Camping World in St. Augustine. I have done the motor home route also. My last was a 45' Country Coach Affinity. What a life style!

Spyder Garage

Our Damon garage is only 8 x 10 ft...we haul a fair amount of stuff in it (two bicycles, a ladder, cooler, Spyder, 2 lawn chairs, toaster oven, fans, etc, etc). I don't think we can get both Spyders in there...if it was 2 feet longer, 2 Spyders would be doable. Ed has installed a couple shower rods so we can hang all our jackets, chaps, etc. The rods come in handy for hanging laundry, too.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDen View Post
    We use it all the time. Here's a picture that I took from the patio! We have been living in the Voltage since May.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352932772.703361.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352932799.499943.jpg

Disney Dream and the 2nd is a nuclear sub coming in to the port on Sunday.
    We sailed on the Magic the first year that they started offering cruises...

First Class operation all the way!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!