Spyder Garage

Default Not a replacement but an addition- my new ride!

I've been on the fence for a long time wanting another two wheeler. My first choice would be a 600hp V8Chopper but I don't have a spare $90K and it's just not good for much other than looking cool and going really really fast in a straight line. I love the bike but can't bring myself to getting one unless the deal of a lifetime fell in my lap.

My next choice is the Victory Cross Country. I love the looks of that bike and they did a lot of things right with it. I have yet to talk to an uphappy owner of one. Not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger on one other than I would rather spend the money on a ST Spyder.

I still love my M109R and plan on going through it and giving it a facelift. It's a great bike with a couple of issues like any other bike but it's a real stump puller and like the Spyder it turns heads where ever you go. Pretty sure I'm keeping that one for now. Got way too much money in that one.

My roots on this whole internet clubs and message boards thing started with the Honda Valkyrie back in 1997. That's when I evolved from welder/fabricator to bike builder/webmaster. I was very passionate about that bike and like the bike the internet was pretty new and I happened to get in on the start of it and was able to accidentally make a living doing what I love.

Many of the folks here remember me from my Valkyrie days and I really haven't been this excited about a Honda since the Valkyrie. As I was explaining to a friend, some bikes I love right away when I look at them, not many but some. Others I look at and see potential for great personalization, the VTX and the M109R were two of those bikes and I was able to make mine stand out in the crowd. My test of when I get a bike right is when I walk around the corner and see it and it makes my heart jump a little, that's when I know it's cool.

I run the largest Goldwing site now but I've never own a Goldwing, my company has a dealership and sells parts for them but the Goldwing was not for me till now. The new Goldwing F6B has the look I love and it just needs a little Lamonster love to make it perfect. It's the perfect execution of less is more and gives guys like me a vision of what it can be. It's been a long time since I've been really excited about any Honda and I had pretty much given up on them back in 2006 when I bought my first Suzuki, the M109R. Shortly after that I bought the Spyder and that has held my undivided attention for all these years.

I am not abandoning the Spyder by any means and still have great plans for my new ST but I'm making room for another bike to give me my two wheel fix when needed and to get my juices flowing again on making custom parts for motorcycles like I did back in the day.

I just wanted you guys to hear it from me and not from rumors. I'm still a SpyderLover and will always be and my excitement for this ride has not changed in any way. I've never been a one bike is the best bike kind of guy and love all open air rides. If it's different I like it most of the time as long as it's different in a cool way like the Spyder.

So here's my new baby I have on order.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

we get it...Mark is liking the new F6B...and we all know I love the new ST....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Nice!

And totally understand ... my BMW still shares a spot in the garage along the Spyder. Each bike does something different and fills a need/desire.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That IS pretty cool-looking! ...
    ...for a fallover!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having bikes share your garage space with the Spyders. Much more of mine is devoted to 2-wheelers than 3-wheelers, myself. Quite a striking change of pace for Honda! It is impressive, and should attract some of the bagger crowd looking for another alternative.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    on your new ride! Did you get the all black one?
    Got the red and black for the options and will be changing up the paint a bit.

Spyder Garage

That's a nice ride. It will fill another niche for Honda since the Valkeryie went away. Were it not for my back issues, I could see one of those in my garage.

The $19,999 for the base model and $20,999 for the upline is not bad either. I so want one of those.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-13-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!! Making a Living doing something you Love is a Gift from above!!!
    I like the Red!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Sweet looking bike -- I WANT ONE TOO!!!! Enjoy it Lamont!!!
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Got the red and black for the options and will be changing up the paint a bit.
    So are you going to have Pete design something great for it??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So are you going to have Pete design something great for it??
    Pretty sure I'll be doing paint on this one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now you've got pretty near all of us salivating like a pack of wolves at the sight of a herd of bunnies!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) kyspydergal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Not a replacement but an addition- my new ride!

Congrats! That is one sharp looking bike.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on a really cool ride! Looks like the poster child of cruisers!

Spyder Garage

The Gold Wing is sweet looking, but this is still the best Honda ever!!

I wish I had never sold it.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I really like what I've read, however I will have to see it in person and I'm not sure how I can make room for one since I don't think I can give any of my bikes.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Different looking, a man can never have too many rides....

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Gotta say, you have good taste in bikes Bro. That is one sweet looking ride. Four guys in our RC traded in their HDs for Victorys just within the last few months. One traded his Honda VTX for his Victory. I've already been told no.

Oh yeah, ride what you like, like what you ride.
    Last edited by bruiser; 11-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I've been on the fence for a long time wanting another two wheeler. My first choice would be a 600hp V8Chopper but I don't have a spare $90K and it's just not good for much other than looking cool and going really really fast in a straight line. I love the bike but can't bring myself to getting one unless the deal of a lifetime fell in my lap.

My next choice is the Victory Cross Country. I love the looks of that bike and they did a lot of things right with it. I have yet to talk to an uphappy owner of one. Not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger on one other than I would rather spend the money on a ST Spyder.

I still love my M109R and plan on going through it and giving it a facelift. It's a great bike with a couple of issues like any other bike but it's a real stump puller and like the Spyder it turns heads where ever you go. Pretty sure I'm keeping that one for now. Got way too much money in that one.

My roots on this whole internet clubs and message boards thing started with the Honda Valkyrie back in 1997. That's when I evolved from welder/fabricator to bike builder/webmaster. I was very passionate about that bike and like the bike the internet was pretty new and I happened to get in on the start of it and was able to accidentally make a living doing what I love.

Many of the folks here remember me from my Valkyrie days and I really haven't been this excited about a Honda since the Valkyrie. As I was explaining to a friend, some bikes I love right away when I look at them, not many but some. Others I look at and see potential for great personalization, the VTX and the M109R were two of those bikes and I was able to make mine stand out in the crowd. My test of when I get a bike right is when I walk around the corner and see it and it makes my heart jump a little, that's when I know it's cool.

I run the largest Goldwing site now but I've never own a Goldwing, my company has a dealership and sells parts for them but the Goldwing was not for me till now. The new Goldwing F6B has the look I love and it just needs a little Lamonster love to make it perfect. It's the perfect execution of less is more and gives guys like me a vision of what it can be. It's been a long time since I've been really excited about any Honda and I had pretty much given up on them back in 2006 when I bought my first Suzuki, the M109R. Shortly after that I bought the Spyder and that has held my undivided attention for all these years.

I am not abandoning the Spyder by any means and still have great plans for my new ST but I'm making room for another bike to give me my two wheel fix when needed and to get my juices flowing again on making custom parts for motorcycles like I did back in the day.

I just wanted you guys to hear it from me and not from rumors. I'm still a SpyderLover and will always be and my excitement for this ride has not changed in any way. I've never been a one bike is the best bike kind of guy and love all open air rides. If it's different I like it most of the time as long as it's different in a cool way like the Spyder.

So here's my new baby I have on order.

Know what you mean. I still have my 99 Tourer with a I/S trunk. Also a 650 V Strom and my wife has a 12 RT Spyder. Have been looking for something to maybe one day replace the Valkyrie and this is real close. Keep us posted, with pictures
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default new ride

Yes I was looking on anoither site at it too. Streamlined like the harley, but it's a honda, the most reliable bike ever made. I know, I have a Wing.
    Brakes better, accelerates better, turns better and corners better than any bike I've riden.
    I'll be looking next year at one, or the ST

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Makes me miss my Wing even more.(sniff)

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't feel bad... They'll keep making more of them!

Spyder Garage

...will be changing up the paint a bit.
    Wow. I am quite surprised at that.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default Been thinking of doing the same

The Spyder is my first ride and I have always discounted a M/C because of height restrictions, however I have been looking at the M109R with love in my eyes and from what I understand a really tall guy can stretch out with a couple of mods. So if the right deal comes along I might become a "leaner" too.