Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    Thanks Scotty, I just got a 12v battery tender. I bought it on ebay. I got the spyder trunk liner, battery tender, and 12v accessory plug all for $160 total. Now I will have to pay $100 at the dealership to install my plug because I don't know anything about electrical stuff or auto for that matter and I don't want to mess anything up but it is cool as long as it gets done right!
    I don't know if this was your plan, but please be aware that the RS 12V outlet is powered only while the engine is running, so it cannot be used to charge the battery unless hooked up to the unswitched accessory harness at the time of installation (which isn't the norm). You might want your dealer to install the battery tender pigtail while he is doing things, if you don't feel comfortable with electrical work.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

arntufun

Installing a battery tender pigtail is as easy as making a PBJ sandwich........

Some guy with a wicked cool Spyder made a video on how to do it.

Spyder Garage

Pop the saddle up and put the pigtail on the connections there. No need to remove panels. Took me 2 minutes and my tendor just plugs in and does a great job.
    Last edited by CanAmChris; 11-16-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NELSON RIGG COVER

They make one for the SPYDER, I have had it over 3yrs, use it at work, when it is HOT and SUNNY. I think the cost was less than $80,

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Pop the saddle up and put the pigtail on the connections there. No need to remove panels. Took me 2 minutes and my tendor just plugs in and does a great job.

It is never recommended to loosen those jumper cable bolts under the seat. Many, many , many people have had problems tightning those back up.

IMO, the best way to intall a Tender pigtail is directly to the battery and besides, side panel removal is easy on a RS.
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-17-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default all fords need to be outside

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    I have kept my spyder in the garage since I got it a few weeks ago. The time has come for the spyder to go to the back yard and my f-150 back in the garage. I know I need an outdoor cover. I found one real cheap online for $60. I have a RS-S. I will get the onerom can-am if necessary but if I can save $140 then this is what I will go with. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-Spyder-...=pd_sbs_auto_5

Put the ford outside

Spyder Garage

Just a thought, if there is one close, how about renting a storage garage for a few months and storing the spyder there? Maybe a neighbor with some extra room in their garage?

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

VERY good point!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    Just a thought, if there is one close, how about renting a storage garage for a few months and storing the spyder there? Maybe a neighbor with some extra room in their garage?
    Do you mean a regular storage place or does it have to be a place that is made to store automobiles?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd check with a storage facility to see what (if any) requirements they have regarding storing something with fuel in it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just measured our RT, and it looks like a 10x10 would be the smallest to go with.

I still vote to put the truck outside. I'm not sure about Texas, but here in NC, I'm more concerned about my vehicles out in the summer, than winter. That sun is a bear...

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    A bike cover is not the answer. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy a 10 X 12 shed with at least a 10 foot opening. Then your Spyder will be protected from all the elements better than any cover could do. Trying to save a dollar when you spend $18,000 is counter productive.
    Yes, I keep my rs in the down stairs den when not in use