Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down RT Floor boards- I was wrong BIG TIME

I don't know where I dreamed this up but I've been telling folks you can use the 2013 floor boards on the 2010-2012 RT SE. I was wrong I made a phone call and there is way more to it than just bolting on the boards because of the way they do the brake. I humbly apologize for miss leading any of you. I was wrong and I'm not sure why, guess the old mind is heading south.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the club. Mine started wintering in Florida years ago.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I don't know where I dreamed this up but I've been telling folks you can use the 2013 floor boards on the 2010-2012 RT SE. I was wrong I made a phone call and there is way more to it than just bolting on the boards because of the way they do the brake. I humbly apologize for miss leading any of you. I was wrong and I'm not sure why, guess the old mind is heading south.
    I't funny you say that. I had this discussion with you today at the Motorcycle Show in Dallas. Got my hopes up, then I read this. I figure with the riding you did to get here, all the people you met, all the questions you have to answer, while also running this and your other forums, not to mention I'm wondering if you ever get a full 8 of sleep - yeah you're bound to blow it once in awhile. I still think most of us would give you an A+.
    2011 RT-SE5 - Orbital Blue - Garmin Zumo 660, Shoei Firestrike Helmets, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth, Real Chrome Dash Kit, Butler Mug and Camera Mount, Spyderpops Heat Shield, Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards and a 'Thank You'

First off, great to meet you today. Lots of fun looking at nice new shiny spyders at the show. Second...you get a pass in my book about the floorboards. You wear so many hats and do so much for this little group( growing by the minute). Let me take advantage of this and say a big 'Thank You' for everything you have done for so many of us!
    And lastly...although the floorboards are nice and that vibration resistance floating pad is neat, still think Seals will be in my future.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Spyder Garage

Default RT Floor boards- I was wrong BIG TIME

I'm thinking of winterizing my brain.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm thinking of winterizing my brain.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

I would do the same if I could remember where it was - Now when did I last use it !

Lamonster - Thanks for the update ref the floorboards - I did consider getting a set for my 2010 Spyder RT -S SE5 but was going to
    wait until the middle of next year when supplies and prices have been released - Will just wait to see if anyone comes up with an
    adapter -No doubt someone on this site will find a way if there is one - So don't beat yourself up we all make mistakes and in the
    scheme of things this is a minor one - I made many of mistakes in the past at least at my age I don't remember them at least that what I tell others

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well on one hand I am sorry that they did not fit for the folks, me included, who thought that they might upgrade. On the other hand I feel much better with the used Seals Pups that I bought at a good price and installed on my RT last week! They are great floorboards, just did my first long ride with them and they were perfect. I would recommend them to anyone looking forRT floorboards. I am pretty short (5'3") so the Pups are all I need to stretch out and they look great on the bike. Install took about 30 min for both sides, including reading instructions! And they are rock solid.

Spyder Garage

**it happens

plus there are less expensive options out there
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

You get a mulligan! Seriously, many thanks for this website!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE MULE View Post
    I still think most of us would give you an A+.
    [Partial Quote]

I know I sure do.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Compost happens. Now, where did I leave my laptop?????

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There is no need to wait till I design an adaptor to allow my fulo size Seal Floorboards to fit on the 2013 Spyders. If you have a 2012, or earlier, RT OR RS, I have what you want at half the price as BRP's.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No worries!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe No Floorboards, But All Kinds o' Other Compatible Goodies

I don't know where I dreamed this up but I've been telling folks you can use the 2013 floor boards on the 2010-2012 RT SE. I was wrong I made a phone call and there is way more to it than just bolting on the boards because of the way they do the brake. I humbly apologize for misleading any of you. I was wrong and I'm not sure why, guess the old mind is heading south.
    So in agreement with Lamont getting a buy on the matter of floorboards, here's my list of 2013 add-ons planned for my 2010 RT-S, all of which are compatible (I'm gonna get the ISCI floorboards, I think).

• Adjustable Vented Windshield
    • Akrapovic Sport Touring Silencer (Lamont ... anyone ... I want to hear a set of these on the RT or ST first)
    • Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors
    • Chrome Windshield Support

... and maybe another doo-dad or two that have been available for 12's and earlier.

There are other 2013 options that can be fitted, but I don't want/need ...

• The adjustable handle bars,
    • The adjustable GPS Mount
    • The 2013 seat and variations
    • The 2013 Fenders, Wheels and Tires (I'd jump on this, except I'd have to throw away my ESI Cycle/No Magic Neon front lighting Note: I need to identify the right tire that gives me about an inch more total rubber on the front and will fit without rubbing the current fenders)

Curiosity: Will the '13 shocks go on the 2012's and earlier with any improvement in ride/handling?

Best,

~ Paul

Spyder Garage

Don't give up Lamont!! I'm sure there is a way around it and you (or someone else) will find it. I told you in the show that I know I saw it too but I guess even youngsters like me can get a brainfart once in awhile...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Well..................

I'll just have to keep my Pups. Maybe Seal can copy / modify them for retrofit.

Spyder Garage

Brake? My Spyder has a brake? Where is it located?

"Of all the things I have lost in life, I miss my mind the most."

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    So in agreement with Lamont getting a buy on the matter of floorboards, here's my list of 2013 add-ons planned for my 2010 RT-S, all of which are compatible (I'm gonna get the ISCI floorboards, I think).

• Akrapovic Sport Touring Silencer (Lamont ... anyone ... I want to hear a set of these on the RT or ST first)

... and maybe another doo-dad or two that have been available for 12's and earlier.

• The 2013 Fenders, Wheels and Tires (I'd jump on this, except I'd have to throw away my ESI Cycle/No Magic Neon front lighting Note: I need to identify the right tire that gives me about an inch more total rubber on the front and will fit without rubbing the current fenders)

Curiosity: Will the '13 shocks go on the 2012's and earlier with any improvement in ride/handling?

Best,

~ Paul

So, is there a link or online catalog of the 2013 parts & acessories that can be retrofitted on the earlier year models?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards or highway pegs

So what are my options for leg extention on my 2008 SM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

Best,

~ Paul

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe it's a good thing that a lot of us are reaching the end of our riding seasons. More time to shop and experiment!

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default He was wrong, but tried hard not to be

It was at the IMS show that Lamont realized he *might* be wrong about the RT floorboards retrofitting earlier models. Pretty much for the next few hours, this is what we saw him doing. Constantly searching on his phone for the elusive proof he was right.

Unfortunately:

It takes a big man to admit it and doesn't happen very often

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    There is no need to wait till I design an adaptor to allow my fulo size Seal Floorboards to fit on the 2013 Spyders. If you have a 2012, or earlier, RT OR RS, I have what you want at half the price as BRP's.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal Floorboards
    I agree and great customer service. Even though I bought a used set, John was "Johnny" on the spot with a set of upgraded rear supports and a new brake spacer. Never met John but he seems to be a pretty straight shooter with a great product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Faran,
    That was almost mean...
    Lamont's never wrong; sometimes he might just be a bit short on being right...
    But you'd have to check with his wife to be sure!

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Faran,
    That was almost mean...
    Just for the record, I wasn't going to post it because it did seem like rubbing salt in his wound. But when he saw it Lamont laughed and said it might help get the word out so people weren't misled. Sooo...it was too good not to take his advice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Just for the record, I wasn't going to post it because it did seem like rubbing salt in his wound. But when he saw it Lamont laughed and said it might help get the word out so people weren't misled. Sooo...it was too good not to take his advice!

Yeah I was wrong, wasn't the first time (ask my wife) and won't be the last time but I hate when that happens

By the way I didn't know you were shooting video.