Thread: side scuff pads

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default side scuff pads

I tried to install the BRP scuff pads for my wife. The come with a rubber gasket that must be installed first. After about 2 hours, i gave up to have a drink. Has anyone else installed these. Any tips.
    Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: side scuff pads

My husband is doing mine today. The tech at the dealer gave him a heads up about the difficulty of keeping the rubber gasket in place, so he used some spray adhesive to hold them in place. I'll find out tonight how the install went. He put the adhesive on sitting in the den watching TV last night and didn't seem to have much trouble, just a little overspray which he was going to wipe off as soon as they set. I'll let you know his verdict.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I put mine on took about 1/2 hour.start at the sharp corner also the gasket has a slit in it that goes in that sharp corner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder13
    I put mine on took about 1/2 hour.start at the sharp corner also the gasket has a slit in it that goes in that sharp corner.
    i used rubber bands to hold them in place, worked ok. :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

start were the corner is split and slowly work your way around it the rubber gasket only installs on one way the gasket folds splits goses together at the corner rear of the scuff pad the key is take your time and make sure the rubber gasket lip goses under the plastic it may take you a couple of trys

Registered Users
    Belle Center Ohio summer/ DeLand FL. winter
    Spyder Garage

How about som pics.wildwillie

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Michael had no problems after glueing the gasket on and letting it sit overnight. He confirmed that it went well and the glue process made all the difference.

Spyder Garage

went on pretty easy started at sharp corner with slot cut in rubber.used rubber bands to hold till installed.been on a month rubber still in place . took about 30,40 min's

handlebar riser where a bitch to get all lined covers to fit back flush .should have marked bars before removing but finally got it
    HAPPY TRAILS SPYDEE PE#53