Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

That yellow color is my current new favorite. I am still a fan of the RT configuration though. Time will tell once the riding reviews start hitting the site.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    What would be the biggest change that you would enjoy from the base ST over the RS-s? Keep in mind I have only had my RS-s a few weeks so it is still the greatest thing since sliced bread for me.
    WOW! You're getting pretty far out ahead of yourself! (already having one foot back into the dealer's; looking at new hardware!)
    Since I've got no hesitation to offer unsolicited advice... Why not ride yours for a while and really develop some solid opinions about it before starting to "tempt" yourself with what's on the other side of the fence.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Would any of you trade your current spyder (RS or RT) for the basic ST? It seems that most of the upgrades people talk about are on the ST-s and up. I would think a 2012 RT or RS-s for that matter would hold it's own to the basic ST. Am I way off with my thoughts? If so, please enlighten me. :-)
    Owning a GS/RS with 23,000 miles and an RT (700 Miles) I can tell you=
    1-The RS does 0-60 in a reported 4.5 seconds.
    2-The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the RS and Only about 70 Pounds lighter than the 2010-2012 RT,s?
    3- GS/RS (Thru 2012) 698 Pounds. ST about 860 Pounds. RT (2010-12) 928 Pounds?

I Love the ST concept and would certainly choose it First If I didn,t own a Spyder!!!
    BUT-- I can,t see how it would accelerate as fast as a vehicle (GS/RS) that is 160 Pounds lighter???
    We will find out soooon Enough!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default You are correct sir

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    WOW! You're getting pretty far out ahead of yourself! (already having one foot back into the dealer's; looking at new hardware!)
    Since I've got no hesitation to offer unsolicited advice... Why not ride yours for a while and really develop some solid opinions about it before starting to "tempt" yourself with what's on the other side of the fence.
    Bob, you are spot on. I am in no position to begin looking at a different spyder, but to be honest I have no desire too. I think one thing that experienced riders forget is that not all of us ride the spyder religiously. I would make a small wager that a rookie rider like myself would not be able to tell any difference in handling between a 2012 and 2013 so the chasis and other under the hood changes are for those of you that have rode enough to be able to tell the difference. For me, I just want to be on the road enjoying the view.

One other thing is that to me, the base model ST doesn't woo me. I get excited about the pretty stuff and exterior features so I couldn't see myself paying thousands of more dollars just to get the adjustable windshield. The ST-S and limited are the big boys to me but they are even more out of my price range. Throw me in some floorboards and the cruise control and my rs-s is the only one for me...for now.
    Last edited by Laila's Dad; 11-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default does seem a little hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Owning a GS/RS with 23,000 miles and an RT (700 Miles) I can tell you=
    1-The RS does 0-60 in a reported 4.5 seconds.
    2-The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the RS and Only about 70 Pounds lighter than the 2010-2012 RT,s?
    3- GS/RS (Thru 2012) 698 Pounds. ST about 860 Pounds. RT (2010-12) 928 Pounds?

I Love the ST concept and would certainly choose it First If I didn,t own a Spyder!!!
    BUT-- I can,t see how it would accelerate as fast as a vehicle (GS/RS) that is 160 Pounds lighter???
    We will find out soooon Enough!!
    ...that is a valid point, I wonder how the ST can be just as fast with more weight and the same motor and doesn't the 2013 have less horsepower than the older models. I guess like all of them they have pros and cons.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I paid cash for my 09 GS/RS and put more than a few thousand into farkles and add-ons to personalize it and make it into what I wanted....I'm perfecty content with it being hassle free and can't justify spending the additional money on the new ST even though I like it. We're a 2 household Spyder family and both content with our rides. I'm not willing to take a huge loss on our investments at this time but somewhere in the future I see a ST.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    I paid cash for my 09 GS/RS and put more than a few thousand into farkles and add-ons to personalize it and make it into what I wanted....I'm perfecty content with it being hassle free and can't justify spending the additional money on the new ST even though I like it. We're a 2 household Spyder family and both content with our rides. I'm not willing to take a huge loss on our investments at this time but somewhere in the future I see a ST.
    also keep in mind the base ST starts at $18,099 msrp and the ST-S starts at $20,099 and that is before any add-ons. Now if money is not an issue then I want the fully loaded ST Limited, but for just the base model....naaah.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    I like this picture better!!
    I like the picture. It gives a good perspective of the ergos. It looks comfortable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can bet the rent safely; it sure is!
    Heading out to the dealer this weekend???

Spyder Garage

All 3 ST's were great to see up close at the show. I was surprised to see the anodized(?) trim castings, I think they called them carbon- looked sharp as hell. Also surprised at how the pad on the floorboards float over the metal base- I was told it's to dampen vibration, felt weird sitting still.
    Have to say if I was replacing my '10 RTS I would get the new RTS. It just felt better to me.
    The Spousal Uunit is trying to decide between an ST of her own or a new master bath.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

also keep in mind the base ST starts at $18,099 msrp and the ST-S starts at $20,099 and that is before any add-ons. Now if money is not an issue then I want the fully loaded ST Limited, but for just the base model....naaah.
    Money's always an issue with me at this point seeing that I'm trying to relocate down to Eastern TN/NC area...Gotta set priorities...

Spyder Garage

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet! I'm drooling on the keyboard. I've got one on my wish list.
    Last edited by OldDog; 11-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

How did you get that? Be Sure to Break it in and then Maybe some Performance # ssss?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love it!!

Thanks, Lamont. On the leading edge, as usual!!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    I thought for sure you would pick the yellow color!!??!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    Lamont,
    I thought for sure you would pick the yellow color!!??!!
    The one I'm buying will be yellow. This is just a loaner for a short time.

Spyder Garage

Oh you lucky, lucky man!!! If you don't like it for some reason, feel free to pass it on for others ( namely ME ) to try it out......

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

I would make a small wager that a rookie rider like myself would not be able to tell any difference in handling between a 2012 and 2013 so the chasis and other under the hood changes are for those of you that have rode enough to be able to tell the difference.

Even though I've been riding an RS-S since for a year and a half, I still put myself in the new rider category so far as experience in the mechanics goes. But even a girl like me (joke) could immediately tell the handling difference. I hear you though on the "extras". I long for heated handgrips!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post

Even though I've been riding an RS-S since for a year and a half, I still put myself in the new rider category so far as experience in the mechanics goes. But even a girl like me (joke) could immediately tell the handling difference. I hear you though on the "extras". I long for heated handgrips!
    But Faran you are a spyder Ryder legend!!! ... I knew you would know the difference.

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

But Faran you are a spyder Ryder legend!!! ... I knew you would know the difference.
    Just so you know, I gave one of those attractive snort-laugh things when I read your post. Pretty sure no one has ever used the word "legend" for me. There are lots of those on this site, but I'm not one of them!

And I really think you would notice the difference. Too bad they aren't giving rides at the Dallas IMS show.

Spyder Garage

Default Good pic of the ST from the show

Would any of you trade your current spyder (RS or RT) for the basic ST? It seems that most of the upgrades people talk about are on the ST-s and up. I would think a 2012 RT or RS-s for that matter would hold it's own to the basic ST. Am I way off with my thoughts? If so, please enlighten me. :-)
    I would not trade my RT ltd for the top ST, i am happy right where i am

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm ! I wonder what Pete at WWW.powersportswraps.com could do to a YELLOW ST ?????? Sounds like a 2 or 3 ( Long Days ) day trip to Erie PA might be around the corner . Lots of Tim Hortons in Erie as well .
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you gonna set something else on fire?