spydeyblue

Default Uclear Helmet Comm System

While checking out the local Cycle Gear store this weekend, I asked one of the sales staff about helmet comm systems. He recommended the Uclear system, which was on sale for $400 for two units. He said he had good experience with this system, which supposedly has only been on the market for about 6-7 months. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to store sales types, so does anyone here have any experience with the Uclear system, either good or bad? Thank you in advance for being willing to share your knowledge and experience!

Linda
    (aka Bengaluvr)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bengaluvr View Post
    While checking out the local Cycle Gear store this weekend, I asked one of the sales staff about helmet comm systems. He recommended the Uclear system, which was on sale for $400 for two units. He said he had good experience with this system, which supposedly has only been on the market for about 6-7 months. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to store sales types, so does anyone here have any experience with the Uclear system, either good or bad? Thank you in advance for being willing to share your knowledge and experience!

Linda
    (aka Bengaluvr)
    I have no experience with the Unclear system. IMHO I would be skeptical of a comm system named Unclear . Did you Google Unclear to see if there are any user reviews posted? Recommend you look into the Scala Rider system and other comm systems that have a proven track record. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of lovers!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Never heard of them and probably another case of a Chinese copy of some other system at the Cycle Gear Store. Probably does work ok but no factory support or warrantee in a bout a year when the manufacture changes name and makes the No Static System!

Spyder Garage

Never heard of them.I just bought the Sena SMH10 after reading many reviews of them on this forum.Had them 3 weeks now and find them excellent.The cost was $257 for a set of 2.

Ivor
    Last edited by Ivorspyder; 11-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Linda
    (aka Bengaluvr)
    No experience with the UClear. Interesting concept though. I've been using the Scala Rider TeamSet Pro for a year now (bought on sale at Cycle Gear.) Has worked very well. Recently began to use it with our Zumo 660 GPS. After discovering a quirk with the TeamSet Pro, something Cardo tech support didn't even know, it works well with the GPS too. Unfortunately when the GPS interrupts the intercom the connection is not automatically re-established once the GPS drops. A minor inconvenience.

Our next system is going to be the Sena SMH10 if for no other reason than you can use it while the battery is being charged. Haven't had a problem with the TeamSet Pro batteries yet. During a recent eleven hour ride with the intercom open most of the time, and the GPS jumping into the middle of things, the TeamSet Pro modules were still up and running at the end of our journey. Fortunately we had AC available to recharge 'em. No need to worry about that when you can charge 'em on the go. I think their "jog" button is going to be more gloved-hand user friendly too.
    Last edited by 2 Cruysyn; 11-04-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Spyder Garage

Linda
    (aka Bengaluvr)
    I used to have the uClear HBC-100 and it worked very well. Only reason I didn't keep using it is because my helmet didn't have speaker pods so it made the speakers press against my ears and after long rides it got to be a little painful. Sound quality from the uClear was great. Trick is you have to get the mic (integrated in to the speaker itself) angled just right. It can be paired with just about any smartphone out there. I am not familiar with their other units but I believe it allows for bike to bike communication.

Hear is the link for uClear. They are not a cheap chinese knock-off of any other system.

http://www.uclear-digital.com/

Spyder Garage

I have SENA SMH10..they are great! Many in my riding group have them, and they can be paired.. Beep - Beep (for hector and forrest)

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

I have SENA SMH10..they are great! I had the Uclear and the bluetooth worked great but the comm person to person was crap when riding, worked ok when we stopped.

Spyder Garage

I have the Uclear HBC 200. I bought it at Cycle gear I was lucky to catch it on sale, the dual set was $449 mark down to $250. It works great it fits in the helmet . It pairs to my phone and the intercom from rider to passenger works great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena Smh5

The Sena smh5 is an amazing set. $170 for 2 shipped. If you stay within 400 meters of the bike you are communicating with you do not need the Smh10. The 10 model will work up to 900 meters.

Spyder Garage

Linda
    (aka Bengaluvr)
    I bought the uClear hbc100 in April of this year, it's previous unit to the hbc200. I actually bought two from Revzilla. The first two units I received didn't work correctly, So I called uclear and they sent me 2 new units. They have really good customer service. If I remember correctly they are out of California. The two units I have now have been working flawlessly. I was impressed with the sound quality. What I like the most about them are that they are boomless units. I highly recommend them. Let me know if you want to know anymore about them.

Marty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I have the SENA SMH10.. Bought as a set, pairs with phone, phone media, GPS, and of course intercom. Great clarity in all modes. Recommend them highly.

Spyder Garage

I have been looking at comm systems lately also. I found the Sena SMH5 dual set on Ebay, brand new for $185 and free shipping. Everyone that has them seems to really like Sena. It's next on my buy list.

spydeyblue

Quote Originally Posted by crw8781 View Post
    I have the Uclear HBC 200. I bought it at Cycle gear I was lucky to catch it on sale, the dual set was $449 mark down to $250. It works great it fits in the helmet . It pairs to my phone and the intercom from rider to passenger works great!

Wow, lucky you! The price was $449 last weekend, in Fairfield, California. Hmm, I wonder if Cycle Gear has frequent sales?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have been trying to decide on a system for several years . I looked at the uClear Sunday and it looked pretty good, but after doing some more research and reading a lot, I decided the Sena SMH10 does everything I need it to do, and came in a good bit less than the uClear. Amazon has the dual set for $283 and free 2nd day shipping for Prime members, but I ended up going with gomotoshop on eBay. Dual system for $247 shipped.

I don't think you would go wrong with the uclear though. One thing to keep in mind if you ride with another group is that if you want to intercom with them you will all need to be on the same system. You can't pair across brands.

Spyder Garage

Most on the site like either the Sena or the Scala. I have used Scala for years and am happy with that brand.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red