Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WHY DOES MY XO RADIO NOT WORK?

(XM, not XO) Bought BR1 in Mar. '11, turned on the XM radio, works great. BR1 in the shop for throttle body for six weeks in July and August, 2012. Picked up the Spydr and the XM radio was not working? The dealer did not touch it. I called XM twice and no luck reactivating it. I called again last week and the lady says "give me the radio ID number, the one they had given me during an earlier call. She says "I show your radio is working." I say, "I am sitting on my Spyder and it is not working". She says this is a Delphi radio. I say no, it is a BRP Spyder built in radio......sooooo after she researches, it seems they have my very old (I don't know where it is, XM $29 job) She says, Oh here is another number, let me try it.....

I now have great XM radio......somehow my "new Spyder XM radio ID got shuffeled into the black hole. All is well. I am again a happy Spyder.

Last edited by Mr. White; 11-02-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did not know that. Thanks, it is working great now....I will be aware of what you say in the future....but somehow XM had my old ID number....not used in 4-5 years....DUH ha ha

Spyder Garage

Ya he's right. If the Xm radio is either off or offline for a while it will revert back to that general broadcasting station #1.
    You should be able to change to a new station and it will reconnect. BUT sometimes you may need to call the Xm line and have them (automated now) send a reset command to your radio ID. Station 1 should display your radio ID.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I should tell the Missus that we're not gonna take her MINI off the road for the Winter... got to keep the satellite radio happy and well-fed with data!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We traded our '09 Toyota Venza in on a new '12 model in January this year and it came with three months of XM activation so I called them to get started. When nothing happened I called them again... and again... and again. Finally, we verified the radio number at both ends and it didn't match their records at all.

Turns out they had activated the XM in my 2002 Durango that I use only to pull our horse trailer. I had deactivated the XM in that vehicle back in 2005 after it stopped being my daily driver.

Somehow that number was still in their system and that is the one they activated. They then got things straight and activated the Venza radio.

I periodically checked the Durango and found the XM was activated for about three months before they caught up with it and turned it off.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I said, it seems my old XM radio ID number was still in their system and it had dropped my new Spyder ID. It kept tryig to activate my old radio ID....which no longer exsists. They finally matched my numbers and deleted the old number and re-activated my Spyder ID (it had work fine for a year or more). Now all is well and I do enjoy my XM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does Punkin' have satellite radio also?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Does Punkin' have satellite radio also?
    No XM in Punkin'. I had it for a while and it just quit and I never replaced it. I have in my Titan pickup. I do enjoy it. BR1 is working great now that XM has the correct ID number....