Spyder Garage

Question floorboards or highway pegs...what's your flavor?

Hello all,

I have seen more than a few posts come through discussing floorboards, the best brands, etc. Well I am still very new to the spyder but already know that I will want either floorboards or highway pegs once I am really ready to be on the road. I like the RS-S but I know that a hour or two into a ride I would need to move my legs a little for circulation. I have seen some real nice floorboards but I have also seen some highway pegs(Kuryakyn) that seem like they would really add some accents to the spyder. One thing I noticed on some of the floorboards is that you can get the brake pedal extended which seems like it could be a good feature?

What do you prefer(floorboards, pegs, or both) and why?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    Hello

What do you prefer(floorboards, pegs, or both) and why?
    Both. I have Lamonster's NBV (No Bad Vibes) brackets with Web Pegs and Inspector Gadgets (IG) floorboards. The IG floorboards are fairly inexpensive ($100 or so) and allow you to move your feet around and the pegs allow you to "stretch" your legs when highway ryding. There are boards on the market (Seal-site sponsor), Vertika (expensive), etc that enable your to move your feet around and provide the benefits of pegs as well. IMHO you'll enjoy having both features, pegs and floorboards.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

I have the Madstad floor boards and prefer them over highway pegs because the leg angle to the boards does not hurt whereas trying to use pegs just stretches my legs at a weird angle (long legs)

you have to sit on both to try to see what feels better to you
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I have the Seal floor boards and love them.
    http://www.sealfloorboards.com/
    I did find that they were not as comfortable with my Harley Davidson boots with the big heal, so purchased a tour master boot with little to no heal. Now I find I ride with my feet on the upper edge of the seal board, or down next to the brake while in town. Some people use the heal to activate the brake, but I find I place my foot too far up on the board to use my heal. I am long legged creature that needs to stretch.

Spyder Garage

I have the NBV highway pegs and like them alot. I have a SM5 RT, so I don't know if they make floor boards for that model. Since I'm 6'5" with a 36 inseam, I'm always looking for ways to stretch out a bit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer having floorboards... New Wheels 004.jpg
    My ISCIs were height-adjustable, so they let me stretch out a bit...
    and being a klutz; it's tougher for me to drop a foot off of them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default both

more foot positions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Love the Seal floorboards!!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I have highway pegs and want to eventually put floorboards on my GS -- both are functional
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seal Floorbords are designed for both the RT SE5 and the RS SE5. Wither Spyder you can really stretch out when on the road. When I first designed the RS SE5 it was so I coule sit straighter and move arund more. I ended up braking with my heel about 90 % of the time. It was a very natural position for me. And yes, I did move the brake 2" forward so I could stretch out more.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal Floorboards