Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Infamous "Warrior" Exhaust

Guys - I have been reading now for a while about the Warrior exhaust and how it fits and sounds great, but i have a few questions......
    Is everyone referring to the Yamaha Warrior Motorcycle? If so, are they referring to using the stock exhaust off this bike? I have a buddy that has an '04 Warrior that he put a Vance & Hines exhaust on and I am looking to see if he will part with the stock exhaust (assuming that is what everyone is talking about). If so, I am sure it doesn't bolt right on, and I would be using just the back half of the exhaust and clamping it onto the Spyder pipes......am I on the right track? And....why is it that a "stock" Warrior exhaust would sound so much different than a stock Spyder exhaust? Sorry about all the questions...just trying to get educated on this.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Infamous "Warrior" Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by 1BlackWidow
    Guys - I have been reading now for a while about the Warrior exhaust and how it fits and sounds great, but i have a few questions......
    Is everyone referring to the Yamaha Warrior Motorcycle? If so, are they referring to using the stock exhaust off this bike? I have a buddy that has an '04 Warrior that he put a Vance & Hines exhaust on and I am looking to see if he will part with the stock exhaust (assuming that is what everyone is talking about). If so, I am sure it doesn't bolt right on, and I would be using just the back half of the exhaust and clamping it onto the Spyder pipes......am I on the right track? And....why is it that a "stock" Warrior exhaust would sound so much different than a stock Spyder exhaust? Sorry about all the questions...just trying to get educated on this.
    Yes this is a stock Yamaha Warrior pipe. You should be able to pick one up for less than a 100 bucks.

You hack off the end of the stock pipe and weld a 90 to it and then it slips on where the stock can mounted. You do need to make your own mounting bracket too.

:click:

Spyder Garage

EDIT- Fixed the pictures

HAPPY OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    Yes this is a stock Yamaha Warrior pipe. You should be able to pick one up for less than a 100 bucks.

You hack off the end of the stock pipe and weld a 90 to it and then it slips on where the stock can mounted. You do need to make your own mounting bracket too.
    How does this compare with the accessory racing pipe offered by BRP? Is it better sounding or just a less expensive similar result?
    Sincerely,<br />Tom Stachler

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydroe
    EDIT- Fixed the pictures

It looks great with the heat sheild on. :bigthumbsup: So how do you like it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stack
    How does this compare with the accessory racing pipe offered by BRP? Is it better sounding or just a less expensive similar result?
    I have not heard the Hindle pipes so I really can't say. I can cut baffles out of this pipe if I wanted to but so far I like the sound and the power just the way it is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    It looks great with the heat sheild on.
    What is it off of and how did you do the heat shield?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando
    What is it off of and how did you do the heat shield?
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/inde...sg2795#msg2795

My guess is they made their own mounts for the shield or they cut the stock 90 off and welded it to the Warrior pipe with the heat brackets still on.

Spyder Garage

You got it Lamont, thats what we did for the heat shield. I like it so far but its a temporary mod until I get my carbon fiber one made for it. This one will then be available.
    HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydroe
    You got it Lamont, thats what we did for the heat shield. I like it so far but its a temporary mod until I get my carbon fiber one made for it. This one will then be available.
    There are so many options a guy can do on this that I'm sure there will be some really cool cans showing up on Spyders pretty quick here.

Spyder Garage

Spydroe,

Let us know when ist's available. I am interested. I think your in Central Cali right?

Thanks,

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest