Thread: Tunes on a GS

Spyder Garage

Default Tunes on a GS

Looking for suggestions on MP3/ FM radio installations on GS/RS models. I like the stuff from JL Audio, but expensive.

Spyder Garage

I got my wife a Shark Audio system. Mounted the speakers to the windshield bracket and put a small bag between the brackets to hold the amp. The amp gets FM radio and has a slot for an SD card. You can also plug in an mp3 player. I put all her songs on an SD card so she doesn't have to mess with the mp3.

Speakers.jpg
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Orrrr... trade in for an 2013 ST and get the optional factory stereo system...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default bob d money

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Orrrr... trade in for an 2013 ST and get the optional factory stereo system...
    not all of us make bob d type money, so we do some home made mods. i use d w g waterproof speakers and amp, pioneer head unit, electronic antennae, repeater cable, all in trunk. speakers on the dash, remote on the handlebars. works out real nice. almost forgot, F Z 1 fuzeblock in the trunk to power it all up. any questions.........? oh,,,,,, i've got about 250 in the whole system.
    texmac, i like that set-up, can you post more pics of how your speakers attatch ? i like your location better than mine. at the time, i didn't have the madstad. i like the shark sys. i've heard it really cranks and it's a much more simple and clean set-up. i love my cd player ( i'm old school ) especially when i'm out of radio range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coz; 10-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Scala Rider

We really enjoy the Scala Rider for Music (FM & wired MP3 connection), along with intercom. There are a few different brands but we chose Scala Rider and are pretty happy with it.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Now we are talking...

I have been searching the Internet for audio options on my RS. I definitely don't have $1500 to do it. I am hoping that when the time comes I will be able to have some type of set-up that includes Sirius satellite. I have it in my truck and enjoy it. I love my cd's too but have most songs I love on my sd card. I want GPS too, but instead of a Garmin I think I can use my phone GPS which should make the handle bar area a little more roomy. I gotta have room for my cup holder.

Spyder Garage

Default music

i currently have a pyle system i have used for 2 years. it is only 50 watts per speaker, but mounted speakers on handle bar and can hear them very good. this unit was low end, so will upgrade this winter. plan on new PYLE system, a 300 watt per speaker, die cast speakers ect. i put the amp in the frunk, use only mp3 players. this new system should cost about $150. SIMPLE BUT WORKS GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    not all of us make bob d type money, .
    Oh please... I'm so poor that even paying attention is starting to get tough!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

shark speakers and 100 wat player works good,and not over 85 doallers.and yes they work on the spyder.

Spyder Garage

The speakers came with an L bracket. I mounted them to the bolt that holds the windshield. It is a CHAD shield.

Speaker mount.jpg
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

I may end up just going with one of the helmet systems so that Bluetooth and everything will be all in one. We shall see...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    so I guess with this one, outside of the kit all you will need is a FM radio to connect it all to. I wonder if one of those small portable fm radios would work as the FM base?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When I had a RS, we put a Jensen JDH910 waterproof radio on the handle bar. My hubby just made a plate that screwed on the back of the radio with two holes in it and then just ran like a u-bolt around the handle bar and was done. This radio worked really great. We put Audioformz speakers below the mirrors and it looked like they came with the bike. Had no problem hearing them.

Spyder Garage

Default seems like a simple idea, which is right up my alley...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybell View Post
    When I had a RS, we put a Jensen JDH910 waterproof radio on the handle bar. My hubby just made a plate that screwed on the back of the radio with two holes in it and then just ran like a u-bolt around the handle bar and was done. This radio worked really great. We put Audioformz speakers below the mirrors and it looked like they came with the bike. Had no problem hearing them.
    I noticed that you said "when you had an RS" so I am assuming that you have moved on from it? Would you happen to have any old pictures of the set up? Yes the sound is important to me but the look matters too. I just don't want to take to much away from the spyder look if that makes sense...

Spyder Garage

There is another alternative, which won't compromise the Spyder looks in the least. Either a wired (Starcom1, Autocom) or wireless (Sena SMH10, Cardo Scala) comm system will hook to your mp3 or other device, and pipe the tunes right into your helmet headset. Bonus - the tunes sound much better next to your ears instead of drifting in the wind.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    I noticed that you said "when you had an RS" so I am assuming that you have moved on from it? Would you happen to have any old pictures of the set up? Yes the sound is important to me but the look matters too. I just don't want to take to much away from the spyder look if that makes sense...
    I have moved up to a RT-S. The pictures are on another computer. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the speakers on the bike. It did look good and didn't take away from the bike and the way he put them on, he used existing bolt holes and didn't have to change anything on the bike.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    so I guess with this one, outside of the kit all you will need is a FM radio to connect it all to. I wonder if one of those small portable fm radios would work as the FM base?
    Yes...look at Scotty's comment below...I use the Sena SMH-10 with great results...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here is the picture of the audioformz speakers that I used. They bolted into existing holes in the tupperware so he didn't change anything on the spyder. Which was good!