Thread: WOO-HOO!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WOO-HOO!!!!!

Hi Guys! I went to Arctic Adventures' open house this afternoon, and got to see and ride the new ST Limited, and visit with a couple of the Can Am representatives...
    I feel as if I just got back from a Free Trip to Walt Disney World!
    First; the bike! I only found two things that weren't to my liking, and they are strictly personal preference items...
    first: No glovebox...
    Second: a bit too much wind hitting me on my shoulders out on the road...
    Beyond that... This is one very sweet bike! You RS/GS pilots will have to get used to the RT style controls on the left bar... I felt right at home!
    The windshield... Grab it on both sides and just give it a pull... it adjusts up and down real easy.
    Power... It accelerates quicker than an RT, but it's not an earthshattering difference.
    Brakes... Now we're getting somewhere! This thing hauls down quicker than anything on less than four wheels should have a right to. The new Brembos are RIGHTEOUS!
    Turning... the steering is much lighter and initiates the turn much quicker. I found myself having to adjust because my turns were just beimg made too quickly. The steering is a vast improvement over the older bikes.
    Some pictures... 2013 ST Limited 015.jpg2013 ST Limited 001.jpg2013 ST Limited 002.jpg2013 ST Limited 003.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a good test ride experience.

Those of us in Alaska will probably have to wait for spring (March or later) before anything shows up here. I am guessing there will be no test drive/showings being put on by BRP in our neck of the woods.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default More WOO-HOO!

As you can see; this wasn't a production 2013 ST; I told them that I felt like a crash-test dummy minus the crashing part...
    The appearance was what you'll see in the showrooms, and the final calibrations for underneath were "pretty much there" It was described as being at least 95%...
    More pictures... 2013 ST Limited 010.jpg2013 ST Limited 014.jpg2013 ST Limited 006.jpg2013 ST Limited 007.jpg2013 ST Limited 009.jpg
    Roger, Ron and MaryEllen were there of course; with Ron flying the colors...
    (Next time wear some SHOES so that you take the bike out for a ryde!!!)

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds fun

Great to hear about it, glad you had a great day, my day is much better since I got my RT home

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Some more WOO-HOO!

2013 ST Limited 004.jpg2013 ST Limited 005.jpg I want to especially thank the Can Am reps who were MORE than patient with all of my questions and inane observations
    N... You owe me some pics when you get your RSS-S! And thanks for letting an old man waste so much of your afternoon!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

thanks for the review....I want one soo bad...if I could ride one for about 250 miles...it would be mine

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Bob, thanks for the review and pictures..............I still think that I will stick with my RT Ltd.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some more observations now that some time has allowed them to surface...
    I had concerns that the lower profile (55 series) front tires might transmit some noise and harshness... That is a non-issue!
    They definitely needed to go to the 15" wheels up front; those bigger discs and Brembos fill them right up!

Most importantly:
    I heard on at least two ocassions that they, "love Lamont, and love what he does for them".

So Boss; THANKS for all that you do!

Spyder Garage

Default 2nd Spyder......maybe

I might consider on getting another one, a couple years down the road, it will either be a RSS or STS just would like a sport around spyder to aggravate everyone with.

Spyder Garage

Default exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Some more observations now that some time has allowed them to surface...
    I had concerns that the lower profile (55 series) front tires might transmit some noise and harshness... That is a non-issue!
    They definitely needed to go to the 15" wheels up front; those bigger discs and Brembos fill them right up!

Most importantly:
    I heard on at least two ocassions that they, "love Lamont, and love what he does for them".

So Boss; THANKS for all that you do!
    bob, how did the exhaust sound ?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wish I was there.
    Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    bob, how did the exhaust sound ?
    Exactly like an RT... That's the engine/exhaust combo that's sitting in its belly.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review! The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the 2008-2012 GS/RS?
    The ST is only about 70 Pounds" Lighter" Than the 2010-12 RT?
    You Can Make your own Conclusions because BRP is posting NO Performance ###s?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Thanks for the review! The ST is 160 Pounds heavier than the 2008-2012 GS/RS?
    The ST is only about 70 Pounds" Lighter" Than the 2010-12 RT?
    You Can Make your own Conclusions because BRP is posting NO Performance ###s?
    Don't count on this, it may be a typo. BTW, the scales say BRP fibbed a bit on the light side about the RS. Don't believe everything you read. This is a good time to wait for definitive proof.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob, Mine should be coming this month or next according to my dealer.. Took my trade in down last week.. After visiting with Lamont and reading your post I am even mor excited,,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As soon as you've got your hands on it... we'll need some definitve "Reports From The Saddle".

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As soon as you've got your hands on it... we'll need some definitve "Reports From The Saddle".
    No problem.. I am stocking up on long underwear and warm clothes.. gonna be a cold ride home I think.. Wonder if they come with snow tires

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm gonna have to call up Mission Motorsports and see if they have one for demo rides, yet. I'm dying to try one out. Thanks for the post!