Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Dealership/Service Exp so far...

Hi - not sure if we have a separate forum for dealership experiences, and that's okay, I'd rather sing the praises then harp on the other...
    So w/ that - I'll begin the praises! (If there are rules on dealership discussions that I've overlooked or missed, please let me know - I won't use names right now)

I now have misgivings about the dealer I bought from post sale - fair deal, no highway robbery w/ price, no "gun to head" so to speak - if anyone is interested in that for a comparison of your deal, please let me know.

But the RT has reached it's initial 600mi inspection etc. I reached out through SL's and was told overwhelmingly to get to a particular dealership a couple hours away - no worries there, as we live in an area where any dealer is 2 or more hours away.

Gave them a call Friday noon to schedule, if possible Saturday (today) service. Very nice, very attentive, active listener Service Manager; was a great start. Was told their Spyder tech normally isn't in on Saturday's, but was coming in Saturday to put a LoJack on an RT and he would discuss w/ the tech the possiblity of taking care of me; he took my number and "promised" a return call w/in 10mins. Felt very good about what was happening - these folks seem to "care". And as promised, he return his call - and asked that if possible, to get the RT to them before 6pm on Friday - that the tech would begin removing panels and get set up to perform my service - and on Saturday - he would do both the other RT's add-on and do our service. I thought, how wonderful, and was leaving at 2pm for the day - so I committed ourselves to getting it there before close on Friday.

Called Charlotte - made the arrangements - called a newly gained Spyder Friend in the dealers' area 2hrs away - had a very nice chat and arranged for a possible meeting after we dropped the RT off. Charlotte followed behind me in Cruze, as we thought possibly we'd just make an overnight as we love Charleston anyway. Started out, finally reached I-95, had to finally take the RT over 60mphs - reached 70 and set the cruise. Occassionally, had to take it to 73, or up to 5300RPMs. A few vibrations, but it would smooth right out. The Sena flawlessly recognized my mp3 player in the phone and w/o nothing more than pressing the jog, the tunes began playing! and this was w/o having to go into the phone and "press play or start on anything!" learned something new right there...

Enjoyed the ryde, charotte tells me later that I was hugging and drifting left most the time (I knew of course, but on one occassion - she had anxiety, as someone was in my blindspot and I drifted left in the RH lane). I've gone off on a tangent! Sorry long-winded, bottom line:
    Met the Service Manager, he introduced me to Sypder Tech - went outside, went over the RT, and we had just so happened to take our RMT LED light and the Mud Flap LEDs (only to discuss my mounting w/ our new found spyder friend) but when the spyder tech learned we had them, he said he would be happy to take care of it - had done many (not like my first exp w/ my purchasing dealer) - he explained what he would do - the service manager asked did I have the new oil panel, I said I had not and that the purchasing dealer said "it will be mailed to you". So - the service manager said, "if we have one, I'll put it on for you"...Another feel good moment for us.

Made arrangements for call backs, exchanged business cards of both service mngr and spyder tech - wonderful. Said our goodbyes and walked right into the sales area to gawk at any of the Spyders...met a salesman - he was great - another feather in this dealerships cap. He listened to us - and unfortunately, they didn't have any '13's in stock and only one on the floor '11RT, bright red, well maintained it seemed. We had a very nice discussion, he even pulled up multiple websites assisting us - however, I was ahead of the curve on the floorboards! He went right to the ISCI website and thru SL, had researched that site thoroughly! We exchanged cards; walked away thinking, just may purchase any new spyders from him - today we return to pick up the RT - we are on our way out now.

Clouds are dark, rain is likely, but we've planned non Interstate travel - will return and let you know how it goes and what they find today.
    I/We are very impressed w/ this dealership - and when I dropped our new found SL's names - they turned on the charm. There really seemed to be a "family" "camarderie" something, there that was sorely missed in our first dealership/buying/delivery experience. Charlotte is pushing me to get up! lol

Spyder Garage

Always good to hear about dealers who treat you right!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great dealers are solid gold. I have one 10 miles away that cuts every corner & has no parts. I have one 70 miles away that wants my business, does a 1st class job every time, and always has the parts I needs - in stock. Guess where I take my Spyder? Guess where I'm going to buy my new Commander?

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Great dealers are solid gold. I have one 10 miles away that cuts every corner & has no parts. I have one 70 miles away that wants my business, does a 1st class job every time, and always has the parts I needs - in stock. Guess where I take my Spyder? Guess where I'm going to buy my new Commander?
    I'm giving my dealer a chance to redeem itself which is 15 miles away, the next are 90, 35(same owner), 65, and 80 miles away, I need to see which has the best reputation in service.
    Last edited by Kungfuspyder; 10-27-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Spyder Garage

Default NAMES !!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Okay SpyderLovers...Names it is! RT is a different Machine

All - could not have had a better day, well, I would have loved to have been at Lamonster's BBQ, but hey! There's always next year! LOL
    What a wonder day - will stick w/ Velocity Powersports. If I'm not careful I will fill every detail and go very long...but I'll add a few pics, & go BLUFF (bottom line up front format or something like that...)

"PJ" remember "PJ" - this is VP's SypderTech - amazing young man - listens, looks you in the eyes, firm hand shake, doesn't act as if he's rushing off back to his projects - or that you are in his way - or wasting his time - doesn't formulate an answer before you finish speaking. This was his day off and he was in (i know he was compensated, but Saturdays/Sundays are his day off but he came in for LoJack owner and moi - he will do very well regardless - very well.)
    David = Service Manager, + Chris = sales, + PJ = tech, + Anthony = Finance all added up to a wonderful experience . and to top it off - guess who we broke bread with??? Tobor9! What a gem. Tobor rode up to meet us just as we pulled into VP today.

Now to report on the RT - w/o ever mentioning to PJ that it sure felt like a loose "chain" if it had one of course, back in the day, a loose chain or sprocket was very easily noticeable of course, & caused your bike to let you know in a way, that I can only describe as a loose chain or belt (I had only mentioned it to the missus some time ago) PJ says, "Your belt was loose and needed tightening". Bingo. Okay, what about the pull to the left? "I know what the recommended BRP air pressures are 15, but I've learned to put just a bit more air in them at 17 and your tires were low. I've driven your bike and I can't find it going to the left." Okay, I did check and they were ~15psi and I thought identical to each, but weren't according to PJ.

Okay, no pull to the left and if there were, it was the air pressures...the bike seemed "loose" at times. I mentioned the vibration and he went back and forth Q/A'ing me about the RPMs, he was impressed that I was actually changing gears at the correct RPM's (Thank you SpyderLover's Do's/Don'ts- IllinoisBoy) - he mentioned another owner had burned up his clutch early because of the improper gear selections/changing. Back to the occassional vibes..he couldn't replicate or notice it - and he wouldn't have - after driving it back home this evening - it ran like an Impala, being chased by a hungry she-lion...JP had only ridden it after he had adjusted the belt's tension and alignment.

He mentioned that he put 90lbs pressure on the rear shock - yep solid, just what it needed...he was wiping/drying it down (he had washed it). I remarked that he stop and I'd finish it, no worries, I wanted him to get out of there, go home, but he insisted and said, "No I got it, I don't want you to get wet going down the road..." Amazing - Sandy was bringing in the dark clouds and rain was (well we thought) imminent. JP chatted about the easy installation w/ the mud flap LEDs and the rear High Mount Brake Light. Works like a charm - ease of mind set in...PJ went on to tell me they didn't have the new oil panel and showed me exactly what would have happened on the left front/mid side if we had had it replaced. He also spoke of the recall on the radio(?), was news to me - all okay he said - then said he gave the software an upgrade and it should operate even better...w/o any real detail on that one..that was okay w/ me at the time, but silently I began to worry as to updating the firmware (have read horror stories).
    Gosh I've gone long again...Okay, moving on, PJ will easily be a hit w/ SL's, at any event, BBQ, Fest or Rally - he said no one's ever invited him - and I paused right there and said, "You do now. You will now. You will be well received."
    We began to speak of the A/C vs. the RT-S/Limited differences - I told him how surprised I was that the rear speakers were not installed on the A/C and it's an "Audio" package. He smiled and said, "I'd wished you had told me before I put the lights on...see I had to take these bags off and this panel..." "I would have checked to see if you had speakers there...and we could have put some in for you or hooked them up." Now, I'm not sure how the factory sets up the rear speakers etc... I was having ear candy and got lost in the moment! lol - Tobor9 was wrapped up w/ Charlotte - they were chatty cathy's - really good fun w/ Tobor. All in all we wrapped it up, went back inside, he gave me the key - shook hands and I thought, wow he looks like a Cherokee Indian (of which I'm a descendent) and I asked was he originally from Charleston by chance, and he smiled and said, "No, Kentucky." Paducah? We like Paducah - No, Elizabethtown...and that was JP. Then we moved over to Chad for check-out.

The cost of all this came to $354 (first 600mile service, lights installed) WOW I thought, wow. Went outside to grab Tobor and Charlotte, made light about the costs as Tobor thought now that he was robbed on his services LOL and how in the heck did I get that price! I too was like, WOW lol - well lo' & behold - i was undercharged! We didn't carry on loudly, just simply Wow) When we went back in Chad waived me down and said he had forgotten to charge labor for the light installations - no worries was too good to be true and I didn't know the difference other than I thought it was rather Fair lol. Adjusted costs came to $546.34. Fair I thought considering what I've read here.

To finish - purchased a B.E.S.T. warranty from Anthony - great experience. $927.00 - somewhat on the high end? I've read worse and I've read better. I want these guys to do all my work for a while. Oh and the RT - smooth as silk, smooth, thought the spyder was doing great when I took her over, but she's running better now than yesterday.

The automatic downshifting is not as sudden/quick-through as it was - much smoother, more defined and sure. The shimmer/vibration is gone. The left drift, nonexistant. My right foot, still frightened of touching the brake..need NBV's or pups/boards...and the ride, since the stiffer rear end, I've actually noticed how soft/pliable the stock seat seems to be - didn't notice that before...but will still get Corbin's. We are going back out tomorrow morning for a 2hr ryde.

Tobor9's Spyder Gremlin Bell!SpyderGremlinBell.jpgTobor9_Ray.jpg Tobor9 & Ray, Velocity Powersports
    Last edited by Ray&Charlotte; 10-28-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: corrected JP to PJ - thanks Currin20fan! Ray

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Velocity

Ah, Velocity....yep, I'm very familiar with them and I highly recommend them for sure. And its, "PJ" the tech for sure........he is the "bomb". I will definitely remember spyderlovers functions and invite him. This is what I discovered about Velocity: Chris the Salesman is about as topnotch as they come. He's a real trip and has become a great friend. Billy is the Service Manager and a very likeable person. I've had my issues with Dave, the Service Writer, but we have worked them out. PJ, the Spyder Tech.......he is the best and I would recommend him to work on "any" spyder.
    I look at Velocity as being our "Cowtown".

Hey Velocity........if you're lurking around spyderlovers, like I know you do, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default My Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Thomas View Post
    Halls motorsports, Mobile, Alabama, got great warranty service, quickly.