Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool Good One

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Master View Post
    Which side do you mount your boat?
    Don't have one, but if I did.....well.....HMMMM.....heck, I don't know. LOL!!!
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post

Personally, I prefer taking a run from the back and vaulting onto the seat, Hollywood style.
    I hope you have an RS..LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bxntrk View Post
    In the month that I've had my Spyder, I find myself walking around it to mount for the left! Now, I always knew you should mount a horse from the left side because that's how Matt Dillon and John Wayne did it. When I rode 2-wheelers, I mounted from the left because they lean that way on the side stand.

When I realized I was doing it, I started mounting for wherever was nearest, but I'm wondering if y'all have encountered this, too.

Hmmmmm...... Is it the other way around Down Under?
    Thats an excellent question I had to stop and think for a moment. I guess old habits (i.e. 2 wheelers and horses) are hard to break.
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Originally Posted by asp125 Personally, I prefer taking a run from the back and vaulting onto the seat, Hollywood style.

I tried that on a bareback Shetland Pony when I was a kid..

Talk about a wild ride for about 30 seconds or so.. at least I didn't break any bones when I went land diving.. totally unlike when I tried to stand up in a hammock at 6 years old

left for me..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Master View Post
    Which side do you mount your boat?
    The side where the dock is.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hmmmmm...... Is it the other way around Down Under?

Well, being from Down Under, we just mount it from down under! We then ride away on the correct side of the road (ie left)!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also mount on the left, habit from horses.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

spydeyblue

Default Port Side

Both me and the hubby get on our Spyder RT from the left side. This is probably a holdover from bicycles (left side is away from the chain and shifters), as well as from motorcycles (with left side stands).

As for getting on to a boat, the PORT side is the left side, so that's the side which is normally tied up against the pier or dock, but not always.

BTW, I did have some fun getting on and off a small boat in the Navy, when our ship was anchored out in a bay, instead of tied up to a pier. We had to jump from a floating platform, which was tied off to our ship, onto the small boat. Due to the swells, the boat and platform would move apart, then back together. If you didn't time your jump just right, you'd end up in the water. I'm kind of surprised no one ever fell in, not even the drunkest of the drunk. I guess that must have been the "adventure" part of the Navy!

Linda

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This isn't as unusual as you might think.

Negotiating a flight of stairs.....I always start up or down with my right hoof.....get totally messed up leading with my left.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well Coz was right. This post piqued my interest so I tried mounting my RT Hollywood style. The results was a visit to 2 doctors. The first told me I don't have to worry about any more children, and to consider a name change. The second was my Proctologist who told me I don't have to come in for my annual exam. Does anyone have a used antenna for sale?
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Default To carry this a bit farther?

Okay.....To carry this a bit farther? For those of you who have a partner riding behind you? Do you get on first, or allow him/her to get on first?

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Okay.....To carry this a bit farther? For those of you who have a partner riding behind you? Do you get on first, or allow him/her to get on first?

Chris
    I mount last, and get off first. It give the passenger more room, and lets Nancy use the rider footpegs to mount, instead of the passenger boards. Different story on the BMW, where I have to stay on to hold the motorcycle up while she gets off. I just stand as far forward as I can, until she dismounts. The Spyder is a sweetheart to mount and dismount. It presents a very stable platform, allowing passenger and rider to step on the footpegs and swing their legs over easily. Try that with your cruiser leaned over on its sidestand...LOL.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 10-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It all boils down to where ever you hang low thats where you mount from. I hang very low on the my left so I mount from my left.

Spyder Garage

Default Good Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

Chris
    Eww nice - the topic got us thinking and of course, like most - we mount from the left...and like most, when 2up, ryder up first, driver next, and dismounting the reverse.

I've caught myself on the right - due to storing/removing before taking off and did mount from the right once...felt unusual, just a creature of habit I guess
    2012 RT A/C SE5 (A9CA) Magnesium
    04Oct - purchased 1mi
    25Oct - 538mi
    27Oct - 626mi 1st Svc - 714mi end of day.
    UltraGard RT Cover; Custom Dynamics Rear HMT (installed); Custom Dynamics Mud Flap LEDs (installed); Chrome Lower Spoiler Trims (not installed); Widow/Spyder Rear Axle Caps (not installed)...should get these installed......12v Battery Tender Jr.

Spyder Garage

I guess I didn't provide an answer to my earlier question. I'm a throw back to the two wheels. I mount first, and like Scotty, I lean way forward so that she has easy access to getting on. However, when getting off, I go first to give her a hand as she is dismounting
    () from the spyder.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting the ride

1. I can't believe I read this post all the way to the end...excuse me a minutia to check with the wife, this coffee may be decaf.

2. Checked with wife, coffee is hi-test and she said mount your ride however you want all is good and proper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The side where the dock is.
    PERFECT answer!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    LEFT is RIGHT, n RIGHT is WRONG....
    i hear that goes for 'boy earrings' too....

Shure glad the subject is the Cavelary and not Sheephearders!
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Mounting

OLE lefty here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Some motorcops mount right. Makes sense in a traffic stop. On the Spyder I suppose one might be on the brake a little sooner for a slightly quicker start. So what?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default left right ?

speaking from down-under (OZ) i mount from the left cause i melt my boots when i go the other side when shes hot
    cheers mick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I mount last, and get off first. It give the passenger more room, and lets Nancy use the rider footpegs to mount, instead of the passenger boards. Different story on the BMW, where I have to stay on to hold the motorcycle up while she gets off. I just stand as far forward as I can, until she dismounts. The Spyder is a sweetheart to mount and dismount. It presents a very satble platform, allowing passenger and rider to sept on the footpegs and swing their legs over easily. Try that with your cruiser leaned over on its sidestand...LOL.
    i agree with you this works

Spyder Garage

I'm a tall guy. I normally just step over from either side. I am trying to get comfortable using the foot peg but I just feel like something so small shouldn't hold all of my weight, even though I know it will.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully; time will prove its sturdiness for you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread is hilarious. 50 posts as to how to get on a Spyder. You got a choice. Right or left. Pick one and ride.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.