Wijllie

Default Reverse on right handle?

Could somebody who already has his Spyder please look if the Reverse could be
    mounted on the right handle? (With or without a longer cable?)
    I think it is way easyer and a lot faster to switch in Reverse when it
    would be mounted there! You also don't have to take your hands from the steering.
    I can't imagine why they didn't do that at factory in the first place...

Thx

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Reverse on right handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Wijllie
    Could somebody who already has his Spyder please look if the Reverse could be
    mounted on the right handle? (With or without a longer cable?)
    I think it is way easyer and a lot faster to switch in Reverse when it
    would be mounted there! You also don't have to take your hands from the steering.
    I can't imagine why they didn't do that at factory in the first place...

Thx
    I think the idea was to keep your hand off of the throttle when shifting into reverse. I'm sure a clever guy could move it but right now it is part of the left control so it's not a simple cable change and I'm sure it would be frowned on by BRP just like any of the other mods we do to our Spyders. :

Wijllie

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    I think the idea was to keep your hand off of the throttle when shifting into reverse. I'm sure a clever guy could move it but right now it is part of the left control so it's not a simple cable change and I'm sure it would be frowned on by BRP just like any of the other mods we do to our Spyders. :
    I agree, probably a precaution. But parking or turning would be much faster and smoother if you don't have to take the hands of the handlebar... So I definatly will take a look at it if I recieve the unit. You say it's part of the left control, do you mean in one block or is it possible to disassemble only the reverse lever?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wijllie
    I agree, probably a precaution. But parking or turning would be much faster and smoother if you don't have to take the hands of the handlebar... So I definatly will take a look at it if I recieve the unit. You say it's part of the left control, do you mean in one block or is it possible to disassemble only the reverse lever?
    Yes, it is molded in the block.

Wijllie

Yes, it is molded in the block.
    Damn :

Maybe I have something left from my old lawnmower ;D
    Thanks for the pic!

Spyder Garage

The other thing to consider is all the lights flash when you put it in reverse so it's doing more than just shifting it into gear.

Wijllie

The other thing to consider is all the lights flash when you put it in reverse so it's doing more than just shifting it into gear.
    I thought American units are standard flashing 4 turn signals when putting in reverse? I guess they disabled that for Europe