Spyder Garage

Default Put my butt on the seat of a ST today.

I got a chance to get my butt on the seat of a 2013 ST-S SE5 today. Local dealer had one on display for 4 hours, so I Spydered down and took a look. From across the showroom it looks a lot like a RS with a bigger console and windshield. Close up I could see not a lot was the same except the slim, trim back end. Because I was worked in automotive lighting I picked up on the change in the headlamps. No more projector style headlamp but a reflector style with dual filament bulbs. It was very comfortable to sit on but it would take a couple hours of riding to really know. The gage cluster is the same as the RT’s. The handle bar controls are the same as the RT’s, crappy turn signal switch and all. I really like the floor boards, but the vibration damping feature I could not test how well it works without riding it. The mirrors are much better. I can now see behind and not a good view of the back of my hands filling most of the glass. I really like the look of the front wheels, 15 inch rims and lower profile tires. Had a look in the trunk, the bottom looks to be the same size and shape as the RS but the step in the back is higher up and above the step are two fuse boxes. So I think a small amount of storage space is lost at the top, but so little I don’t think many would notice. The salesman said the RS trunk bag still fits.

Well I want one, but I think it would be a Limited except they come with those ugly chrome wheels and chrome muffler. I wonder if I could make a reasonable deal to get them swapped out or get out the rattle can.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person and also the new RT. I can't afford a new one but it doesn't cost anything to look.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing one in person and also the new RT. I can't afford a new one but it doesn't cost anything to look.
    Ditto!!!
    Ivor

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the details

although we just bought a new '12 RT - My daughter and I are looking at these new ST's too. (the RT will go to the mrs. )
    But we are looking seriously to becoming a 3 Spyder Family soon. Will be a bit more discriminate w/ who we deal with and make a trip if we have too.
    Would like to meet folks from the forum - go for Rydes and take another Sypder Byte soon! Thanks for the ST feedback.

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to hearing about riding impressions when someone does a good long test drive, or purchases one and we hear about the first thousand miles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Checking them out myself this Saturday...
    Thanks for the report!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm anxious to see the ST in Dallas Nov 10th...at International M/C....but we only get to see no test rides...1 year ago I got to go to Valcourt, Quebec and test ride the new ST....but their disguise and the changes BRP has made..it's like a completely different looking machine...even the prototype has changed...so really excited for Nov 10th to get here.....I understand the only test rides are in Long Beach and Mateo CA...that with International M/C show

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

There may not that many on tour. The one I looked at yesterday had a Wisconsin plate on it and clearly labeled prototype under the seat.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about riding impressions when someone does a good long test drive, or purchases one and we hear about the first thousand miles.

I agree 100% with you. Right now we have a few pics, some show room videos and some day ride reports. What's missing is a long 1000 mile + ride and some real world testing over more than a day. On my end I can't wait to take one a part and see first hand the changes that were made and shoot some video and pics of what we don't see now. A nice long ride would be great too and I can't wait to hammer Deals Gap and 209 on the ST. It's prime riding here now and I'm afraid it will be snowing by time I get my hands on one.

Spyder Garage

Thanx for the report, Billy. But I have to disagree with SpyderAnn and Ivor. Every time I "look" it winds up costing me plenty!