Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi All! Ray & Charlotte New Ryders! SC - I get long winded, forgive me.!

Hi all! My name is Ray and we bought a '12 RT A/C SE5 a few weeks ago in Augusta, Ga - finally drove it home (near Shaw AFB, SC) last weekend and took a ride to NC this week. Learned a great deal about riding for 5 hours in one day too! lol - esp the helmet choice...

I've been reading SpyderLovers as the primary source of Spyder ownership and experience! I feel like I know some of you already - like RB1, Bobdenman, Nancystoys, and many many many more. Reading the years of woes, joys and insight really set us up for going into this w/ as best a foundation as possible imo. Still much to learn of course.

Many times while out there ryding, I would think about posting pics, sharing our/my excitement; like, on the day we picked up the spyder w/ 1mile on it...we drove it to a large church parking lot behind the dealership, and finally confident enough after 3 additional miles in parking lot(!) to go out on the rode/interstate...and at mile 16 - finally feeling the freedom and love for cycling that has been missed for nearly 20 years. Had it not been for my daughter asking, "What was that?" (Spyder going by a few evenings before buying one) we may not own one right now. My wife & I grew up on MCs - me on street, she on trails...we married and bought matching Rebels! lol - eventually daughter was born, sold the bikes, and we turned away knowing/respecting motorcycles as we do..and for years, child would say, "No no motorcycles..." but that all changed when she laid eyes on the Spyder!

I bought one w/o sitting or laying eyes on one - still in crate - and learning something new everyday. I've so much to share/ask. I'd like to share my MSF experience, the dealership/buying experience, the first ride, mods, (we pre-purchased HJC Modulars/SenaSMH10 System/Tourmaster Gear/Spyder Caps/Full Cover/Hi Rear Mount Light/LED Mud Flap lights/etc), wanted to go see lamont! lol, regretted not posting invites to our Friday ryde from Sumter to Aberdeen NC, want to ask for reputable dealers, wanted to ask about a leak (but found it on the forums) after parking it at mom's home near Augusta on the first 22miles on it...with so much to discuss, not sure exactly where to post threads appropriately...and still learning! I've read the new ryder's forums and the must reads for rpm's etc, I've read my owner's manual twice too.

I'll cut it off here, but here are some of the things that I'd like to throw out quickly: I found zero psi on the rear shock (added air as MOM said) - was not given a thorough PDI on purchase, can't seem to trust dealer after the pick up - ethics seems to lie w/ sales and showing me how to start and ride it away...Now it's due for the first 600mi service and found today's notes about the wide difference in service/dealership behaviors...I've even had grandiose thoughts of opening a Can Am Spyder franchise here simply because I believe a full-on Integrity Filled, Spyder Dealership would do very, very well. Went too long! Ray of Ray&Charlotte!! I'll prompt the wifey to get in here and add her thoughts occassionally...nice to meet you all!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and keep the stories coming.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

magical member
    Spyder Garage

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you living in Sumter? We ryde down through that area on our way to Walterboro / Charleston.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Always happy to see a new SC owner,give a shout if you come to the low country!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes Sumter - heya!

Hi tobor and shelbydave - yes, we live in Sumter and would be happy to ryde - would like to ryde to a Saturday appt for 600mile service this weekend.

Have called Myrtle Beach - won't name it here, just yet - and after reading consumer reviews about the Myrtle Beach Dealership, am now antsy to take it there...Would you recommend the North Charleston Dealership for service?? If so, we will ryde that way this weekend and hopefully we can meet you! that would be fantastic...I'll try to post pics in our Avatar etc to become a bit more familiar...I'm active duty now, but spent 8yrs as a reservist at CAFB, love the area, know it quite well.

(After the early morning meteor shower Sunday, we drove to Francis Beidler Forest...was great)

We are originally from Augusta and the AF was kind enough to get me back to the southeastern USA. Not sure how to post personally identifiable information? will look at my profile and see if I've allowed folks to email me. I've seen posts along the way here w/ people posting their physical addresses, their GPS coordinates, cell numbers, etc and some have been chided about doing it that way, but would love to exchange info and ryde one day, possibly this weekend? Ray

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes tonight!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

&

Be Safe and Have Fun

AC

Spyder Garage

on the new Ryde.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Velocity PowerSports is the only dealership to go to! My wife Sofia(SDM) and I bought are 's there and have all service done there,also friends from Georgetown,Beufort(SP) and other parts of the state come to Ladson for all service.Their Tel# is 800-676-5371

Spyder Garage

and on the new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

to our web and on your new .................time to start the "farkle" process!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi from the upstate

Spyder Garage

Default Hi All! Ray & Charlotte New Ryders! SC - I get long winded, forgive me.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the New Ryde & Welcome to the SpyderHood

As you've discovered, this is the site on the WWW
    for ANYthing & EVERYthing Spyder Related
    Teddy & I would like to Welcome you both to the SpyderHood

&

Here's a few notes about getting your profile and avatars set up. Its a really good idea to set up your SIGNITURE LINE with information about your New Ryde, like Year, Make, Model, SE or SM, Miles, Mods etc... that way, whenever you post a question, we'll have all that needed info to better help get you the correct advice or recommendations

How do I change my user details?
    You can change your account information using the User Control Panel. For basic profile details (including your email address and password), click on the 'Edit Your Details' option from within the User CP. This page allows you to set a number of required and optional details, some of which will be displayed on your public profile. With the exception of your email address, do not enter information that you do not wish to be publicly viewable.
    What are signatures?
    'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc.
    What are avatars?
    Avatars are small images that people use to identify or distinguish themselves to other forum members. In some cases the administrator will not allow avatars or only allow them for specific members. The administrator can also provide some stock avatars people can use, or they can allow members to upload their own custom avatars from their own computers. These avatars will be displayed as part of the user info in posts, as well as in the public profile.
    What are profile pictures?
    Profile Pictures are photos members can upload that will display in their public member profile. This option may or may not be enabled by the administrator.
    How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?
    You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).
    For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.
    To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.
    To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture' in the 'Your Profile' section.
    Glad to have you with us, & most of ALL
    ENJOY THE RYDE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

congrats and welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad your here.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

From the Lowcountry of SC!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking All are Very Nice!!

Thank you all for your salutations and warm welcomes!
    We tooled around town this evening - beautiful weather here - but Sandy is coming in for the weekend...Made 2 friends and have exchange information w/ 1!
    I cannot thank you and this forum enough. We look forward to a lot of time here and on the rode together.

Today (in the, I learned something new departement) I learned that the glove box has a removable insert! What a difference w/ storage!

Also, ty ty CyncySpyder for the very informational post - I've resized my photos and have had some, limited success and have place a photo taken of us last weekend from the Francis Breidler Audubon Forest, near Harleyville, SC. I've got a couple questions about the RT tonight, will start a new thread! thank you all again!!!!
    ((let's see if the signature etc works tonight!!)