Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Identifing radio system-

I am very new to the Spyder, and so far I love it. But I have a question - How can I go about identifing my radio system that I have? I purchased a Pearl 2012 Sypder Limited on last Thursday and I am seeing that I would love to be able to have my music in my ears and not for everyone else to hear. My Spyder came with a Zumo 660LM. I have seen something about the possiblity of having XMRadio as well. I am a fan of XMRadio, as I have it in my Car, SUV, on our Harley and in my office, so why not carry it on to the Spyder.
    I would have to hate to bring it in just to have them tell me what I have on the bike. Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Default Radio

I have exactly the same problem. I hope we can get a good answer to this poser.

Spyder Garage

ok. I am a little confused. Are you asking , if you can add xm satelite radio? XM is another module you can add to your existing radio.

Gene

Spyder Garage

I live around Baton Rouge, Where are you from?

Gene

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pfromenthal View Post
    I am very new to the Spyder, and so far I love it. But I have a question - How can I go about identifing my radio system that I have? I purchased a Pearl 2012 Sypder Limited on last Thursday and I am seeing that I would love to be able to have my music in my ears and not for everyone else to hear. My Spyder came with a Zumo 660LM. I have seen something about the possiblity of having XMRadio as well. I am a fan of XMRadio, as I have it in my Car, SUV, on our Harley and in my office, so why not carry it on to the Spyder.
    I would have to hate to bring it in just to have them tell me what I have on the bike. Any ideas?
    With your purchase you should have got a quick reference guide to adding stations to am/ fm etc. to adjust where the music plays is all done from the cluster display. Too much for me to explain here. Much easier to show. Also the iPod too.

To here the music in your helmet you need the BRP ST1 helmets ,they plug in, you have the choice of external speakers, helmet only or both. To get XM radio you can add it from the accessory catalog. I have it and it works great.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This may help

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...652#post366652

You may want to Bluetooth the Radio output to a headset - If so see this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...235#post510235
    Last edited by eddieshep999; 10-25-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I'm in Morgan City, I didn't know much about these bikes but really liked it when I came across it. I had a Kymco 300i Downtown Scooter that I traded on it....it was a fairly larger Scooter....
    The only paper work I really got was the manual which isn't specific about radio...and the papers I signed to purchase. No specs were given, I got the Zumo 660LM GPS. I plan on going to bike night in Houma, not sure if on the bike. Like I said I'm very new rider and have barely driven over 43-45 miles per hr., and it's a 45 mile ride for me.
    I will read this forum again to see if I can understand the possiblities.
    I don't have any place that I know of to plug into.....I am reading that the XMRadio can be achieved by adding the Zumo 665LM instead of the 660LM.... I will look into the helmets you suggest here.

Spyder Garage

Since you got the limited edition, I presume you have the front trunk lining. There is a zipper that you open near the top side that has behind it a plastic pouch. That is where I found my quick reference guide, or it was on the bottom under the lining. (Can't remember exactly.) Also call up the dealership and ask where they put it . Mine was in a very small plastic wrap. If you can't find it pm me and this weekend I will scan mine and email it to you. I have a 2010 RTS, but it should be the same.

For brake in period speed isn't as important as varying the rpms and not going over what it says in the manual for the first (I can't remember ) 200 or 5 hundred miles

Originally Posted by pfromentha
    I don't have any place that I know of to plug into.....
    Oh I am sorry ,I presumed the Limited came with the CB/Communication system. That would have to be added to use the BRP helmets. It is a rather large investment, 10% of the bikes value, but oh boy does it pay for itself.

It also helps if your wife wears the same size helmet as you For my head these were the most
    comfortable and versatile that I have tried. Plus if you plan on going on group rides, you can talk with other CB riders

spacetrucker

Default Identifing radio system-

You can use j&m m head sets the are the best to use. Brp head set are bad sound bad talk bad, get j&m m you will much happier. Also get the j&m m cb kit best int for cb. Brp cb int really ad. Can use j & m on ant helmet that you like. Yes you need cb,xm and all cables wiring harness to. Well wort all.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Thanks so much for the post with the pics, I definitely don't have the plug in which you show. I do have the manual from the front trunk under the pouch/zippered. I didn't find that very helpful for the radio things. But all is good. I will be sure to look into the those helmets...... and the additional things needed to be able to listen to and use the cb, xm.... my husband has a Harley Ultra Classic Trike so that would be nice to be able to talk with him.... I wish I would have known about this site prior to purchasing my bike.... It would have been helpful to get the extra/s on it prior to purchase delivery... We all know how hard it is to bring things back and leave to get the new things added when we want to be out riding....

Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME

Welcome Bienvenidos!now how to say in cajun, is it Bon Ton Roulet!
    I've got a 2012 RT A&C and still had to add the CB and entertainment harness and bluetooth only to find I have to have the BRP helmets. got a couple Vemar Jianos both with bluetooth, as well as 2 Scala 2 headsets I've not been able to pair yet. We bought the Garmin 665 and had it installed same time as the other wiring, but find with my Ipod touch and 2 wks of music I havent yet lacked for jams so I'm thinking of cancelling my XM radio as I've yet to listen to it. the 2 times I tried listening to it, needed activation, and after activating it, still haven't had a long enough road trip to use it. you'll farkle up soon enough and be sure to read the tips for new riders on here it's invaluable info!
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White