Spyder Garage

Default Intercom (again)...

Yes... I know we've discussed them in general before, but I'd like some comments with a specific focus (please)...

I wear a half helmet and my passenger does the same. My winter helmet comes just below my ears, but my summer helmet does not...

What type of intercom (wired and/or wireless) would be best fit considering we're not wearing full or 3/4 face gear. Also, not interested in spending big buck$, we can hear each other ok now, but figured the intercom would just make it easier...

Thanks, as always!
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Intercom (again)...

We love our sena bluetooth sets. They work really well. They have different styles for different helmet types. You might give them a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was some discussion in here about using an intercom without a helmet...
    Somebody mentioned a specific brand and model; but the name of it has escaped me.
    Perhaps if you were to tackle the Search Engine in here...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This is what I plan to get when I get the money or maybe for Christmas if I'm real good.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

$164.25 on Revzilla.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...FRSSPAodXTwAag

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPa View Post
    I wear a half helmet and my passenger does the same. My winter helmet comes just below my ears, but my summer helmet does not...

What type of intercom (wired and/or wireless) would be best fit considering we're not wearing full or 3/4 face gear. Also, not interested in spending big buck$, we can hear each other ok now, but figured the intercom would just make it easier...
    In the UK trike riders are allowed on the roads without any specific requirement to wear protective headgear, it's one of those things that seems to have escaped the notice of our over-diligent safety legislators. But despite the freedom to do as we like we always wear high-quality safety gear, not out of habit but in recognition that bikers and trike riders are extremely vulnerable to injury in the event of even a minor accident. Contrary to popular belief accidents do not always happen to other people, sometimes they happen to YOU.

Being able to converse clearly aboard our RT wearing full-face helmets is important to us, we never stop chatting! Our solution to hearing clear speech at any speed is provided by our Autocom SP-A Unit. We also feed the output of our Garmin Zumo 550 into the Autocom in order to listen to GPS route directions on our headphones, plus speed camera warnings. The Autocom will also take the output from an i-Pod and produce the sound in stereo. It's an invaluable asset, we wouldn't be without it.

The Autocom Unit is installed under the RT's seat but to gain some extra space for it I have raised the seat a little and dropped the battery tray about an 1/8th inch. It's been OK for almost 2 years in that location.

phpdGjx3VPM.jpg

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A friend that rides with us got the Sena SPH10 headset.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/n...0616&noquote=1

He can use it without a helmet and he uses it with his 1/2 helmet as well.

Or you can look at the SPH10H this is made just for the 1/2 helmets.