Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ***ANOTHER NEW PRODUCT***

During the hot summer months out here in the Mojave Desert, and definitely on extended trips, I rarely go anywhere without my Camelbak water pack. Hydration is essential while ryding in an open cockpit, especially in the heat. This last weekend I visited a Search & Rescue school (SARCITY USA) that is held annually in my town. It was celebrating its 40th Anniversary which I take great pleasure in knowing because I created and directed the school before retiring from SAR. One of the venues is the vendor hall where "sponsors" of SAR are allowed to display and sell their wares. One display that caught my eye was from a guy selling flashlights and a hydration system called Geigerrig. Whats neat about this system is you can add an additional water tube, a his and a hers system. Plus, you do not bite and suck on the mouthpiece because the pack is pressurized with a hand bulb. The water bladder, which is removable and resembles a zip lock freezer bag, sits within an air bladder so no air makes contact with the water. Because it is pressurized, you can spray water on your face or irrigate a wound for cleaning. It has a nice comfort belt and shoulder straps like a backpack for hiking, unlike the camelbak. One thing I discovered about the camelbak and ryding, it is not recommended to be worn on your back with two people on the bike, especially the RT. When I went to Spyders in the Redwoods last year, I wore the pack on my front with the straps hooked in back. I no can do this alone. I don't know how the ladies do ... well...you know. The pack rested on the glove box and wasn't much of a bother. It really made the mechanics of the pack easier because the water tube was easier to access and the pouches in the bag made access to "stuff" much easier...food, maps, phone. I wished the straps can be modified to allow the operator to buckle it alone. This item is available on Amazon for about $100 and elsewhere.

http://www.geigerrig.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Gotta check this out. I like the idea.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

I bought this two years ago and haven't used it because I always have had backrest and it wouldnt work with it.
    IMG_4955w.jpgIMG_4956w.jpg
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    I bought this two years ago and haven't used it because I always have had backrest and it wouldnt work with it.
    IMG_4955w.jpgIMG_4956w.jpg
    Gotta be some way a guy can get a good drink other than having RAM Mount cup holders everywhere. LOL
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish you could spray water with the Camelback.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622