Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newby Alert

Spyder Garage

Default CONGRATS!!!

I just bought my RT A&C two weeks ago. Can't keep from smiling. Everyone is correct. I go by miles driven most all the time. Congrats on the ride & just try and wipe that smile off your face. Here's to you & miles of smiles.
    Enjoy the Passage of Time with

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Warrant View Post
    Thanks Chief. Remember, I still went through initiation, and it was in Bahrain of all places in '89 with the Iron Men In Wooden Ships (sweepers). I was just happy to give my divisions someone who had their back (as long as they were right). No politics here. Also, respect level from the troops was sky high. My motto down my COC was "respect is not a breach of discipline". FWAFS shipmate!
    So you were pinned a year after me, congrats it's always a pleasure to meet another "Initiated Chief". Congrats again on the spyder and if you are ever down in Pcola, Fl. give me a shout and we shall find something to do my brother.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    So you were pinned a year after me, congrats it's always a pleasure to meet another "Initiated Chief". Congrats again on the spyder and if you are ever down in Pcola, Fl. give me a shout and we shall find something to do my brother.

Be Safe
    AC
    I went through initiation on Guam a few years earlier. I have to say that pinning on the CPO Anchors was the single best event in my 24 year career that ended 17 years and 15 days ago. Due to the Tail-hook event I was in the year group that got screwed awaiting commissioning. There were times that it was down right miserable in the Goat Locker dealing with some idiots that had to make a big deal out of a CWO selectee spending time in "Their Mess." That's when you find out who your friends are, but I survived it with grace. I just told the moron types that I was just stepping up to take the "Petty" out of my rank. bwahahaha

I'm an old gator navy sailor myself. Rode them on both coasts. I used to watch the Peoria in heavy seas and thank the good Lord that I was on an LKA. Later, I thanked goodness that I was on the Wasp (LHD-1) in storms, as she rode like a Cadillac.

Met my wife in Sigonella when she was fresh out of OCS and I was getting ready to retire. Year later we got married in Millington. She's still serving in the reserves as a Commander at NPC.

Welcome aboard to our newest member, Navy Warrant. If you ever get over here to the Ozarks I'll fill your coffee cup or an adult beverage or two.
    Regards,
    Rich