Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Belle Center Ohio summer/ DeLand FL. winter
    Spyder Garage

Default dealer prep/ destination charges

This is a heads up for those getting their spyders. I have a nephew in Bristol Va. that ordered his spyder in June 07 at Rosedale Va.That dealer is just a farm implement dealer that sold 4wheelers BRP wanted him to put a show room in for the spyders but he would not do it so they took all the units that he sold and moved them to a dealer in Bluefield Va. so when his spyder comes in he has to go to Bluefield to pick it up.He called the dealer in Bluefield to check things out and make sure they had him in line where he was suppost to be.His salesman name was Daryn he told Ronnie (my nephew) just how much it was going to cost him when he picks it up.His bike is a silver $14999.00 delivery charges $500.00 DEALER PERP $199.00 less $1000.00 deposit total $14698.00 thats it thats all he will pay plus sales tax when he titles it. So don't let you dealer stick you with a big dealer prep charge ,keep in mind he's not putting any thing extra on just out of the box. I wished others that have there spyders would tell us there charges they had to pay so we can have some kind of idea whats going on.wildwillie :bigthumbsup: and to those that are getting theres.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: dealer prep/ destination charges

I have been keeping an eye on OTD prices. It appears that the average additional cost for delivery and prep is between $600 and $700. Does everyone that has a Spyder agree? We need to keep the dealers honest!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Most dealers are very slow and this is a limited production this year so you can't blame them for trying to get additional profit to keep the doors open.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I remember that to be about the right amount for set up. I was surprized to have a ship charge, set-up, etc. I have no problem with shipping, but had assumed that when you take possession, it's complete, not that you pay extra to have it put together.

duckster

Spyder Garage

Wildwillie Iam in Johnson City Same dealer same deal talked to Spyder rep and dealer in bluefield he is going to take care of us even though the dealer in rosedale will still make the profit this dealer in bluefield has a great reputation. We have deal numbers that can be traced.

Spyder Garage

We had a pretty major misunderstanding when we went to pick Ron's Spyder up. Everything was going great (other than the Spyder was still in the crate when we got there) but when Ron had paid for everything and we compared notes I was charged $$796.08 more than Ron. : Take out the $300 for for the Yellow and that left a over charge of $496.0.

Talked with the guy who sold both of us the units and he went back to the GM to see what the deal was. The GM comes back and says my charge was correct and they under charged Ron and that to be "fair" he was going to have to charge Ron an extra $500 bucks! The deal was done and Ron was not about to write another check for $500 bucks so after a little heated debate with the GM he storms off and says "I guess I'll just eat it then".

The fact that they didn't have the Spyder ready was not that big a deal even though they knew we were driving 12 hours there to get it and turning around and driving 12 hours back. We figure we were there another 2 hours because it wasn't ready but all the guys were great and that wasn't a real problem. The real problem was the way the GM handled the situation and had the nerve to ask for more money after we both paid list price and they were the one's that gave us the OTD price. That was very unprofessional on his part. I think they have a good staff there but there GM needs to work on his people skills.

My Yellow Spyder cost=

Unit Price- $15,300.00
    Freight and Prep.- $998.00
    Dealer Services- $299.00
    Subtotal- $16,597.00
    Sales and Vehicle Taxes- $1,046.03
    Tire/Battery Waste Fee- $3.50
    License and Registration Fee- $91.35
    Total Taxes- $1,140.88
    Total Vehicle Price- $17,737.88

Ron's Silver Spyder=

Unit Price- $14,999.00
    Freight and Prep.- $548.00
    Dealer Services- $299.00
    Subtotal- $15,846.00
    Sales and Vehicle Taxes- $1,000.97
    Total Taxes- $1,095.82
    Total Vehicle Price- $16,941.82

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting a price break down of what the OTD price was. I think it would be helpful if all current owners do the same.

Spyder Garage

My spyder is supposed to be here sometime this coming week and my dealer gave me an out the door price of $16,924.53 thats including my $1000.00 deposit. I must add that those of you who are thinking about letting your dealer setup your financing you should remember that nothing is free and that they will possibly charge you for this service. That came from my salesman when we spoke yesturday about financing. He also said that Can-Am had financing but it was at 15% and suggested that I go to my credit union. I laughed and told him that I will be with a check on delivery day...

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    We had a pretty major misunderstanding when we went to pick Ron's Spyder up. Everything was going great (other than the Spyder was still in the crate when we got there) but when Ron had paid for everything and we compared notes I was charged $$796.08 more than Ron. : Take out the $300 for for the Yellow and that left a over charge of $496.0.

Talked with the guy who sold both of us the units and he went back to the GM to see what the deal was. The GM comes back and says my charge was correct and they under charged Ron and that to be "fair" he was going to have to charge Ron an extra $500 bucks! The deal was done and Ron was not about to write another check for $500 bucks so after a little heated debate with the GM he storms off and says "I guess I'll just eat it then".

The fact that they didn't have the Spyder ready was not that big a deal even though they knew we were driving 12 hours there to get it and turning around and driving 12 hours back. We figure we were there another 2 hours because it wasn't ready but all the guys were great and that wasn't a real problem. The real problem was the way the GM handled the situation and had the nerve to ask for more money after we both paid list price and they were the one's that gave us the OTD price. That was very unprofessional on his part. I think they have a good staff there but there GM needs to work on his people skills.

[b]My Yellow Spyder cost=[/b

Unit Price- $15,300.00
    Freight and Prep.- $998.00
    Dealer Services- $299.00
    Subtotal- $16,597.00
    Sales and Vehicle Taxes- $1,046.03
    Total Taxes- $1,140.88
    Total Vehicle Price- $17,737.88

Ron's Silver Spyder=

Unit Price- $14,999.00
    Freight and Prep.- $548.00
    Dealer Services- $299.00
    Subtotal- $15,846.00
    Sales and Vehicle Taxes- $1,000.97
    Total Taxes- $1,095.82
    Total Vehicle Price- $16,941.82
    Why did you have to pay sales tax, tire/battery fees and registration when you purchased the Spyders in Fl and took them home to TN ?? They should have provided a temporary 30 day tag and not charged any of the above taxes or fees.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast
    Why did you have to pay sales tax, tire/battery fees and registration when you purchased the Spyders in Fl and took them home to TN ?? They should have provided a temporary 30 day tag and not charged any of the above taxes or fees.
    I was told that they had to register my Spyder in FL to sell it to me and in 6 months I could re-register it in TN.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was told that they had to register my Spyder in FL to sell it to me and in 6 months I could re-register it in TN.
    Dude, they just said that to get out of the phone calls/fax/paperwork that they weren't familiar with to set it up to go to TN..... I had the same problem buying a car in Virginia and registering it in Delaware.... I refused to pay the tax in VA when, at the time the DE tax was only 2.75%....... I almost walked from the table....... THEN they agreed to cooperate....... dealers can be such a pain in the a$$......... and it's all about Money..... ALWAYS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Most (all?) states require you provide proof of residence to register a vehicle in that state. Some also will make you pay their state taxes, but make up the difference through mounds of paperwork when you register it in your home state through either a refund or additional taxes depending on the difference.

The easiest is states that waive all taxes and let you pay them in your home state when you register it.

Way2Fast

They outright lied to you !! By FL law you have to have a FL license to register a vehicle in FL. The dealer is required to make a photocopy of your driver license. Even if you were a Florida resident with a FL license, you could tell the dealer that you are going to register the new vehicle in the state where you have a "summer home" and pay the sales tax in that state. What tax is due is totally dependent on what address is on the dealers bill of sale. your dealer ripped you both off !!!! The only way it might be to your advantage is if the sales tax in TN is more than in FL.....since you will be getting a FL title, you won't have to pay any tax when you go to re register it in TN.

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by matusky
    Me too, I was leaving the door open though since I am not wel verse in FL DOT laws.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

call Fl. DMV some states! you will pay the tax in the state you live in, but to the state you purchased the unit from. they will do the paper work. The dealer should help with any questions. As for the dealer ripping you off, I don't think thay would put there dealer license on the line with a tax scam.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder#1
    call Fl. DMV some states! you will pay the tax in the state you live in, but to the state you purchased the unit from. they will do the paper work. The dealer should help with any questions. As for the dealer ripping you off, I don't think thay would put there dealer license on the line with a tax scam.
    I agree, I don't think I was ripped off at all. The sate of FL has some sort of ageement with the state of TN. These guys did what they needed to do to get a spyder in my hands and I'm thankful for that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast
    They outright lied to you !! By FL law you have to have a FL license to register a vehicle in FL. The dealer is required to make a photocopy of your driver license. Even if you were a Florida resident with a FL license, you could tell the dealer that you are going to register the new vehicle in the state where you have a "summer home" and pay the sales tax in that state. What tax is due is totally dependent on what address is on the dealers bill of sale. your dealer ripped you both off !!!! The only way it might be to your advantage is if the sales tax in TN is more than in FL.....since you will be getting a FL title, you won't have to pay any tax when you go to re register it in TN.

Richard

Richard

Spyder Garage

I went to my dealer this morning and recieved a Sales Deal Summary sheet so I could go to the credit union to inquire about financing. Below are the details of my deal.

Spyder $14,999.00
    Freight $999.00
    Handling $499.00
    Calif. New Tire Fee $10.50
    Sales Tax $1200.03
    Doc Fees $55.00
    License Fees $162.00

Hope this helps,

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    TricLed Fender Lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Which dealer did you use.I used Mission motorsports in Irvine ca.

Spyder Garage

Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfield, Ca.
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    TricLed Fender Lights

Way2Fast

I agree, I don't think I was ripped off at all. The sate of FL has some sort of ageement with the state of TN. These guys did what they needed to do to get a spyder in my hands and I'm thankful for that.

If FL and TN had an agreement on how sales tax is collected it would work both ways. There is a Big Dog dealership in TN that does not collect any sales tax on bikes sold to residents of other states, FL included. How do I know ? I purchased one. As in most states, FL dealers give buyers a temporary 30 day paper license plate to get the vehicle home and to ride until the tag/registration/title is obtained. I would like to see that FL dealers Department of Revenue sales/use tax return.....then you would really know where the tax collected wound up !

Richard

Registered Users
    Belle Center Ohio summer/ DeLand FL. winter
    Spyder Garage

Boy o boy you don't think $999.00 frt. and $499 handling fee is hi? I think its real hi. As for sales tax it should be your option when you want to pay it at the dealer or when you regester it for your plate.wildwillie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

WW
    Greetings everyone. I am new to the site, but have sent WildWillie a couple of emails previously. Reside in the Ann Arbor, MI area. Congrats, you must be getting close. I stopped by the dealer in Belleville this afternoon and it would seem so. Looking for help on a good place to order one for myself. Can anyone recommend a place that can delivery a unit early enough to provide hope for riding a good part of this coming summer? I am wondering if the dealers that have large waiting lists and sales will get more units or if it would be better to go with a small Dealer who got one last year, doesn't care to handle them and has no waiting list? He thinks he could get one by July?? Any ideas? Anyone?
    Sincerely,<br />Tom Stachler

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

O.K.

here's what i got told....
    The state of TN is 7&....

We....the Dealership in Fl.....will collect 6&...at time of sale........$986.34

You will then be required to pay the 1& difference upon registering the vehicle for plates in your home state.....about a ...$150.00
    Duh.

Anyhow...........
    If anyone is taking delivery and heading north about 18 / 19 feb..........
    Call me.

P.S.
    Keep receipts

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by tfjunkie
    O.K.

here's what i got told....
    The state of TN is 7&....

We....the Dealership in Fl.....will collect 6&...at time of sale........$986.34

You will then be required to pay the 1& difference upon registering the vehicle for plates in your home state.....about a ...$150.00
    Duh.

Anyhow...........
    If anyone is taking delivery and heading north about 18 / 19 feb..........
    Call me.

P.S.
    Keep receipts
    I'm a licensed FL retailer and NO sales tax is collected by any Florida dealer when the vehicle sold is purchased by a resident of another state. The tax due is paid when and where the vehicle is registered. Why did you charge $91.35 for a license and registration fee?? All that should have been provided was a temporary paper tag...and even that would not have been necessary if the vehicle purchased was trailered back to the buyers home state. As for the $3.50 tire and battery fee, that only applies to vehicles registered for use in FL. No out of state owner is going to return to FL to dispose of their worn tires or dead battery !!! DAH !!

Richard