Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; throwing some weight to the inside during spirited cornering helps to keep all three wheels planted better.
    Plus it looks cool!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cool

2011 RSS elka shocks front tires at 23 psi and i can get a wheel up pretty much whenever i want yes the nanny kicks in but i have had it as hogh as foot n a half that scarde the crap outta me but up to a foot is fun ...i also have a car tire in back with 26 psi shocks set as they were from elka i love doing it my felllow spyder riders cant belive how i can do it so easy ....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What brand car tire are you running out back?

Spyder Garage

Default The VSS Will Have Done Its Job Before You Realised Anything Was Happening

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    pretty easy to lift inside wheel.
    before i got evo's antisway bar, inside wheel used to come off the ground all the time while turning and i am pretty sure it was me letting go of throttle that brought it back to ground, not the spyder's vss or other safety features.
    it still happens here and there but only when i accelerate really hard out of the turns(not curves).
    I have to admit I thought like you briefly, before I put it all together.

When it lifted the inside wheel the second time I realised that the safety system was, indeed, working properly!

Here's how I knew:

When I left the house it was a cold morning, and fifty metres later as I backed off for the first corner the exhaust crackled from a lean mixture. Two hundred metres later as I backed off for the second turn, there was no crackle but as I applied the throttle hard around the turn the inside front wheel lifted 3-4" and then dropped straight back down again. At the same time there was a "crack" backfire as the VSS momentarily cut the ignition and then turned it back on again. I shut the throttle and opened it again, but the wheel was already on its way down again as I did so.

It's only reasonable to believe that an electronic system will interpret a wheel lift before a human does - that's why they use VSS, because it has to react faster, and more accurately, than we will.

I haven't heard the "crack" since, and possibly won't, but then I only got in a couple of hours riding before I had to head back to Oz.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post

The video he shot of the colour ride was really cool. Take a look ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=Cfop-hVt6gs#! )
    The live John Denver track I could listen to all day but the video running at high speed hurts my eyes!

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Stock Spyder can lift the inside wheel like crazy. Did it plenty of times on the RT I rode in my MSF class-- tight corners count more than speed, I could lift the wheel doing 15 mph around the cones.

With the swaybar on my RS, it takes more effort to lift a wheel; even more effort now that I have the Fox shocks. It's pretty rare that I lift the wheel, let alone engage the Nanny.

But yeah, it's a trike thing, it's perfectly normal, and it's why we have the Nanny in the first place. Nothing to fret about, just something to understand, expect and respect.
    The sway bar does make it more difficult to get the inside wheel off the ground. For those of you getting the outside wheel off the ground you need to install a dune buggy safety pole and brightly colored flag so you are easily identified as a hazard!

Before installing a sway bar I could easily get the inside wheel 6-8 inches off the ground and the Nanny was all over me most of the time. The body roll of the Spyder made it feel like it was trying to throw me, especially if I was not prepared for it.

With the sway bar I may get 1 or 2 inches for just a moment on occasion and the Nanny is much less a factor.

Upgrading shocks will also improve stability of your Spyder.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you think that the six foot fiberglass poles with the orange flag will work okay?
    No doulbt; the stiffer anti-swaybar will help keep both front wheels on the ground better through any episode of foolishness!