Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Battery Tender Harness Hook Up

Don't have my Spyder yet, Hate to ask obvious Questions but has anyone hooked up battery tender harness to battery and is there exit opening available for easy external hook up without removing anything??(body panels,seat,etc., etc.)Thanks for any feedback.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Battery Tender Harness Hook Up

The battery in on the left side of the Spyder. I'm sure you could have you conector under the seat here.

Spyder Garage

Yes I put a battery tender lead on mine. I pulled the left rear panel as I wanted to go direct to the battery and not use the under seat connections. I ran the lead out the opening under the seat in the left rear corner. Works good so far.

Ride Safe
    Ev

[URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[quote=Magic Man ]
    Yes I put a battery tender lead on mine. I pulled the left rear panel as I wanted to go direct to the battery and not use the under seat connections. I ran the lead out the opening under the seat in the left rear corner. Works good so far.

Ride Safe
    Ev
    I did exactly the same, removed the left rear panel, connected directly to battery and out the hole under the seat, works great
    Mrfix

Way2Fast

Unlike some bikes, the battery terminals are very accessible on the Spyder. Just lift the seat and connect the Battery Tender clamps directly to the + and - terminals. No problem, no hassle. I see no reason to connect the plug in adopter and then worry about where to stash it when not hooked up to the charger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast
    Unlike some bikes, the battery terminals are very accessible on the Spyder. Just lift the seat and connect the Battery Tender clamps directly to the + and - terminals. No problem, no hassle. I see no reason to connect the plug in adopter and then worry about where to stash it when not hooked up to the charger.
    You can't get to the neg- side of the battery without pulling the side panel. :

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Put the Battery Tender harness on the Spyder using the actual battery terminals rather than the sattelite connections under the seat. I wanted the plug-in to be available for my electric vest etc. It was a no sweat installation. Just pull the side panel on the left side and there you are.

Jack H.

Good luck with resetting the clock. The process is quite easy,but the "S" button does not always change the numbers as it should. Hang in there and you will get it after a while.

JH