Spyder Garage

Cool Seeking Can-Am lessons in Indianapolis, IN

Hello Spyderlovers,

My name is Steve. I am in Indianapolis. I'm going to purchase my Spyder next year 2013 (RS or RS-S / SE-5). Are there any owners in the Indianapolis area that would be willing to give Spyder riding lessons for a reasonable fee for your time. I would like to arrange weekend mornings for a couple of hours if possible.

I am also planning to take the ABATE course. I'm wondering if I could take it on the Spyder, or just use the Spyder for the road exam? Looking for some good advice guys / gals.

Thank you in advance.

Steve from Indianapolis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Steve,
    I'll be happy to help you learn to ride a spyder. I have a RS/GS SE. Send me a PM and we'll get together.
    As far as the ABATE course, I don't know if they will let you take it on a Spyder. You'll just have to call and find out. I took the course a few years ago when the spyder was pretty new and the instructor had never seen one. So, I took the course on their little 250's. It's a good course and I enjoyed it. When you pass the course, you don't have to take the BMV road exam. At least that's the way it was when I took it.
    You will need to take the BMV written(computer) exam and get a learners permit right away, if you have not already. Just pick up a book at the BMV and study a day or so and take it. It's pretty common sense and should be no problem. Then you can go to a dealer and test ride a spyder as well as ride mine when we get together.

Dick
    Last edited by Trickie Dick; 10-10-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I don't even think you need a permit for abate anyone. Plus if you take abate on their bike you won't get a three wheel restriction like you do if you take the bmv tests. The bmv course is cake on a three wheel.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome.

Thank you for the reply. I will go an get the manual today to begin studying.

Here's my info:

Steve Campbell
    317-691-30444

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I'll be happy to help you learn to ride a spyder. I have a RS/GS SE. Send me a PM and we'll get together.
    As far as the ABATE course, I don't know if they will let you take it on a Spyder. You'll just have to call and find out. I took the course a few years ago when the spyder was pretty new and the instructor had never seen one. So, I took the course on their little 250's. It's a good course and I enjoyed it. When you pass the course, you don't have to take the BMV road exam. At least that's the way it was when I took it.
    You will need to take the BMV written(computer) exam and get a learners permit right away, if you have not already. Just pick up a book at the BMV and study a day or so and take it. It's pretty common sense and should be no problem. Then you can go to a dealer and test ride a spyder as well as ride mine when we get together.

Dick

Spyder Garage

Default Take him up on it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevecampbell View Post
    Hello Spyderlovers,

My name is Steve. I am in Indianapolis. I'm going to purchase my Spyder next year 2013 (RS or RS-S / SE-5). Are there any owners in the Indianapolis area that would be willing to give Spyder riding lessons for a reasonable fee for your time. I would like to arrange weekend mornings for a couple of hours if possible.

I am also planning to take the ABATE course. I'm wondering if I could take it on the Spyder, or just use the Spyder for the road exam? Looking for some good advice guys / gals.

Thank you in advance.

Steve from Indianapolis
    Hey Steve,

Give Trickie Dick a call, he's a great guy and can give you more information then you can absorb. I rode with Dick several times and its been great, plus he has a GS/RS which will give you the sporter Ryde like a new RS/RSS.
    Welcome new Spyder Ryder!!!
    If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to post here.
    Your gonna LOVE the Spyder.....Good luck and happy Spydering......

Kevin Mortensen
    KMORT44
    South Bend IN.
    ​KMORT44

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by serf View Post
    I don't even think you need a permit for abate anyone. Plus if you take abate on their bike you won't get a three wheel restriction like you do if you take the bmv tests. The bmv course is cake on a three wheel.
    No, but you do to demo a spyder at the dealer and you do if you want to ride mine , at least until you get your M license.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the reply. I will go an get the manual today to begin studying.

Here's my info:

Steve Campbell
    317-691-30444
    Hi Steve,
    As Kevin said, . I look forward to meeting you. Let me know as soon as you get your learners permit and we will get together. You can post here or send me a Private Message. Just click on my Avatar and then send private message. Either way is fine and I'll see it.
    Love my

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome Steve! It's been said already, Dick is a heck of a good guy and will answer any question you may have. Good luck on your endeavor. You can also pm me anytime.

Tina

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks a bunch!!

Hello Kevin,

I should have my permit by Friday or so. Then I should be able to meet Trickie Dick for some information and lessons. I need to go and buy a helmet for lessons too. Even though I'll be buying in 2013, the excitement is already there.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    Hey Steve,

Give Trickie Dick a call, he's a great guy and can give you more information then you can absorb. I rode with Dick several times and its been great, plus he has a GS/RS which will give you the sporter Ryde like a new RS/RSS.
    Welcome new Spyder Ryder!!!
    If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to post here.
    Your gonna LOVE the Spyder.....Good luck and happy Spydering......

Kevin Mortensen
    KMORT44
    South Bend IN.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello Kevin,

I should have my permit by Friday or so. Then I should be able to meet Trickie Dick for some information and lessons. I need to go and buy a helmet for lessons too. Even though I'll be buying in 2013, the excitement is already there.
    Steve
    Steve,
    I have a helmet you can use until you make a decision as to which helmet you want. It is a size large, 3/4 helmet. No sense in hurrying if you don't have to. You want to make sure you get a good fitting helmet, so try on several. Don't rush it.
    Dick
    Love my

Spyder Garage

No, but you do to demo a spyder at the dealer and you do if you want to ride mine , at least until you get your M license.
    True enough. Some places require the endorsement just for a test drive.

Spyder Garage

Default Learners Permit Exam!!!! Success!!!!

Officially got my Learners Permit.

Steve

Hi Steve,
    As Kevin said, . I look forward to meeting you. Let me know as soon as you get your learners permit and we will get together. You can post here or send me a Private Message. Just click on my Avatar and then send private message. Either way is fine and I'll see it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Officially got my Learners Permit.

Steve
    I'll call you next week and we can get together. Where are you located?
    Dick
    Love my

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats & Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

You've got a good guy to help teach you the ropes, as Teddy & I have ridden with him before & look forward to doing it again

Here's a link to a really good thread for Newer Owners of Spyders that talks about alot of the little ins & outs & quirks to get the most enjoyable experience out of your future ryde
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Have fun & Enjoy the Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Hello in Indy

Hello again,

When would you be available for a meeting and some small discussions?[

Thanks,

Steve....(317)691-3044....stevecampbell88@sbcglobal.net

I'm located in Indianapolis / Brownsburg / Eagle Creek area. Did I read that you are in the Carmel area?

QUOTE=Trickie Dick;528445]Steve,
    I have a helmet you can use until you make a decision as to which helmet you want. It is a size large, 3/4 helmet. No sense in hurrying if you don't have to. You want to make sure you get a good fitting helmet, so try on several. Don't rush it.
    Dick[/QUOTE]