Spyder Garage

Default Picking up my 1st Spyder on Saturday, extended warranty question

I am picking up my first spyder on Saturday. I got the RT limited. The dealer is offering a extended 3 year warranty for $1920. Is this a good price for the extended warranty from the dealer and is it the same price from any dealer? Is there any sources outside the dealer to get a extended warranty that might be cheaper and have good coverage?
    On a lot of posts it is mentioned BEST extended warranty insurance. Is this the same insurance that a dealer offers?
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Your dealer may offer BEST, or an alternate plan. You need to get some more information. The price sounds high to me, BTW. BEST is available cheaper from a couple of our site sponsors.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Are you getting the diamond care from big #1 in Birmingham. Of so it covers all normal service during tizzy time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    Are you getting the diamond care from big #1 in Birmingham. Of so it covers all normal service during tizzy time.
    Yes, I am getting my bike big 1 in Birmingham. This is the plan they offer. I do not have a lot of info until Saturday but they stated it covered oil changes, etc. Do you have this? Is it worth the money?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Your dealer may offer BEST, or an alternate plan. You need to get some more information. The price sounds high to me, BTW. BEST is available cheaper from a couple of our site sponsors.
    I don't have a lot of info on it yet but will find out Saturday. I will ask if it is BEST. Thanks for the response.

Spyder Garage

on your new ryde.

I am not a fan of extended warranties. I tell them if the bike turns out to be a piece of junk, they are going to get it back way before the warranty expires.

I also tell the bankers I don't want credit life, because if I die, that's their problem, not mine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First welcome to the site. I purchased the standard 3yr best warranty from Bryce Page at Betts Mega-Mall a site sponsor. If your interested in Best, ask your dealer if they offer it. If they don't, ask if they honor the warranty-they should since they are a can-am dealer. For info on the Best warranty I'd contact Bryce for info on the Best warranty. Contact info: e-mail, bryce.page@bertsmegamall.com; Phone: 626-430-9449. Dale

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post I think we're talking Apples & Oranges here

If your dealer is offering the BEST Extended Warranty, your price quoted is WAY OUT OF LINE. The 3 yr BEST Ext. Warranty can be had for under $900 from Berts Mega Mall, a SpyderLovers Site Sponser.

However, if your talking about an After Market Warranty other than the BEST and it also covers your Scheduled Maintenance, then that's a totally different animal & you need to find out EXACTLY what is COVERED and NOT COVERED & if it would apply to ANY CAN-AM Authorized dealer, just in case you were to have a break down while out of town.

Depending on your Service Centers Labor Rates, and their all different all around the country, the $1920 price-tag could be a very good deal, if ALL routine scheduled maintenance IS INCLUDED. Many on this site, have reported the 1st 600 mile Service of being anywhere between $150-$600 with other service intervals being lower, usually between the $150-$300 mark. If ever needing the brake system bled, or gettting your valve clearance checked, these two items are very labor intensive & have been reported to run between $300 & a grand, so the routine maintenance can really add up, especially if you plan on putting a lot of miles on.

Do your homework, find out the facts, then do the math and see what you come up with, ultimately that should determine your solution. Also adding into the mix, of how long do you intend on actually keeping your New Spyder before selling or trading. Many variables to figure out.
    Teddy & I would like to say and

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderhog View Post
    I am picking up my first spyder on Saturday. I got the RT limited. The dealer is offering a extended 3 year warranty for $1920. Is this a good price for the extended warranty from the dealer and is it the same price from any dealer? Is there any sources outside the dealer to get a extended warranty that might be cheaper and have good coverage?
    On a lot of posts it is mentioned BEST extended warranty insurance. Is this the same insurance that a dealer offers?
    thanks

On my 2011 I purchased the diamond card package, I thought it was worth it and it is if you put a lot of miles on your bike, if you only ride occasionally it is not worth it. I did not get the diamond care on my 2015 but I have a friend that helps me with the oil changes and changing the brakes, if you do not want to do it yourself then get the diamond care

Spyder Garage

Circa 2012

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderhog View Post
    Is this a good price for the extended warranty from the dealer and is it the same price from any dealer?
    No and NO.

Shop around a few dealers.

I got mine for about half that.

Edit: But as mentioned, if that ALSO covers the scheduled maintenance for 5 years......it might be a decent deal.
    Ask them what they charge for an oil change and do a little quick math.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 01-27-2018 at 10:41 AM.