Spyder Garage

Red face October 13, 2012 - Central NC Spyder Ryde (Its ON!!)

I am creating a new thread since the information for the ride is mostly in place at this point.

(Plus I messed up the poll on my previous thread and don't know how to fix it - so no poll for this thread).

Okay, so on to the official details:

Event Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
    Who is invited: Spyderlovers and friends of Spyderlovers (even if they ride on two wheels!!!!)
    Meeting Place:
    Triangle Cycles, 4503 Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard Durham, NC 27707 (919) 489-7478
    Meeting Time: 10:00am (I'll probably be there around 9:30a if we have anyone that wants to arrive early)
    Departure Time: 10:30am sharp

What you'll experience: Fun twisties, old farm houses, some good "local" cooking and getting to hang out with GREAT people!!

Ride "Experience" Level: This ride should be good for all experience levels as it is more about getting out enjoying the sites, carving up some twisties (doing the speed limit of course). If you are comfortable riding the speed limit +/- 5mph - this ride is for you!

Route Information:
    As of now the route is approximately 115 miles and we start and end at the same place. We will depart Triangle Cycles and head into town Chapel Hill and on to the UNC Campus to check out a few of the local landmarks (The Old Well, Dean Dome, etc) and we can stop for a few minutes if people want to take pictures. From Chapel Hill we will head slightly north to ride down SR751 which will take us in and around the Jordan Lake area. From there we will depart and head north and west to get into Pittsboro where we will stop and eat at a local restaurant (exact restaurant will depend on the # of people and we may need to split up). After lunch, we head north and west to Snow Camp, NC and then north and east to Saxpahaw and then we continue on through some small towns that have no name (according to google maps) back towards Durham. If the weather is nice and people are up for it, we can make a quick detour the Maple View Farmhouse to grab some ice cream! From there we head back into Durham with a tour through Duke University where we will go by the Duke Chapel and a few other on-campus sites. For those that want to stay at Duke, you are more than welcome to, the rest of us will take a quick 5-10 minute ride back to Triangle Cycles.

Here is a picture of the route as of right now:

Ride Route.jpg

I am probably going to ride the route this coming weekend to make sure we have GREAT fun roads to ride on so the route may change. I'll send out final route information.

Please RSVP by Thursday 10/11 at 12p:
    I tried do do a POLL in my previous post and that didn't work. So, if you are planning on coming or thinking about coming, please reply to this post with two pieces of information. (1) how many bikes and (2) how many people on said bikes. Asking people to RSVP by Thursday so I can get a count and lock in one or two lunch places (depending on #s) so we can all eat in a timely manner. Anyone is welcome, just want to try to get a rough number.

Triangle Cycles is excited to have us starting there and I hope to be talking with the General Manager tomorrow to lock in some details.

If you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions, please feel free to reply to this thread and/or shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by staysafeonline; 10-07-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Durham Ride

Quote Originally Posted by staysafeonline View Post
    I am creating a new thread since the information for the ride is mostly in place at this point.

(Plus I messed up the poll on my previous thread and don't know how to fix it - so no poll for this thread).

Okay, so on to the official details:

Event Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
    Who is invited: Spyderlovers and friends of Spyderlovers (even if they ride on two wheels!!!!)
    Meeting Place:
    Triangle Cycles, 4503 Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard Durham, NC 27707 (919) 489-7478
    Meeting Time: 10:00am (I'll probably be there around 9:30a if we have anyone that wants to arrive early)
    Departure Time: 10:30am sharp

What you'll experience: Fun twisties, old farm houses, some good "local" cooking and getting to hang out with GREAT people!!

Ride "Experience" Level: This ride should be good for all experience levels as it is more about getting out enjoying the sides, carving up some twisties (doing the speed limit of course). If you are comfortable riding the speed limit +/- 5mph - this ride is for you!

Route Information:
    As of now the route is approximately 115 miles and we start and end at the same place. We will depart Triangle Cycles and head into town Chapel Hill and on to the UNC Campus to check out a few of the local landmarks (The Old Well, Dean Dome, etc) and we can stop for a few minutes if people want to take pictures. From Chapel Hill we will head slightly north to ride down SR751 which will take us in and around the Jordan Lake area. From there we will depart and head north and west to get into Pittsboro where we will stop and eat at a local restaurant (exact restaurant will depend on the # of people and we may need to split up). After lunch, we head north and west to Snow Camp, NC and then north and east to Saxpahaw and then we continue on through some small towns that have no name (according to google maps) back towards Durham. If the weather is nice and people are up for it, we can make a quick detour the Maple View Farmhouse to grab some ice cream! From there we head back into Durham with a tour through Duke University where we will go by the Duke Chapel and a few other on-campus sites. For those that want to stay at Duke, you are more than welcome to, the rest of us will take a quick 5-10 minute ride back to Triangle Cycles.

Here is a picture of the route as of right now:

Ride Route.jpg

I am probably going to ride the route this coming weekend to make sure we have GREAT fun roads to ride on so the route may change. I'll send out final route information.

Please RSVP by Thursday 10/11 at 12p:
    I tried do do a POLL in my previous post and that didn't work. So, if you are planning on coming or thinking about coming, please reply to this post with two pieces of information. (1) how many bikes and (2) how many people on said bikes. Asking people to RSVP by Thursday so I can get a count and lock in one or two lunch places (depending on #s) so we can all eat in a timely manner. Anyone is welcome, just want to try to get a rough number.

Triangle Cycles is excited to have us starting there and I hope to be talking with the General Manager tomorrow to lock in some details.

If you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions, please feel free to reply to this thread and/or shoot me a PM.
    It is looking like we will be there with one Spyder and two people. Just have to confirm the remainder of the trip.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paulbrinker View Post
    It is looking like we will be there with one Spyder and two people. Just have to confirm the remainder of the trip.
    Great - will look forward to riding AND eating with you Paul!

I rode most of the route yesterday (with a BMW driver and Ducati driver - what a mix of bikes) and it should be a fun ride for those that can make it!

Spyder Garage

I posted a link to this event on our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Ron and I will be there. Just got home from a Spyder roundtrip from Cary to Myrtle Beach to Orlando to Savannah, to Cary. Fun trip.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Greetings all - looking like the weather on Saturday is going to be about 72 and sunny -- so BEAUTIFUL! If you were thinking about joining us, please plan on joining us!!

Brian

Spyder Garage

Catniption and I plan to attend. 2 Spyders, one ryder each.

If anyone else is heading in from the west, perhaps we can meet somewhere and ryde in together.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    I posted a link to this event on our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/
    Thank you sir!

Spyder Garage

Spoke with Rusty (the owner of Triangle Cycles) Wednesday afternoon and he is excited to have us. He won't be there but did say that they'd have some coffee and donuts available Saturday morning!

He also said they are hoping to put together more Spyder events in the coming months which may include: trike safety seminar, service tips, Spyder rides and more!! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

Spyder Garage

We were looking at coming over. Have a PGR mission on Saturday for SSgt Donna Johnson who was KIA in Afghanistan. Westboro Baptist Church is going to be there. We will act as a shield between them and the family. Hope to join in the next ride.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I plan on joining you this Saturday. Looks like a great day. One spyder, one ryder.

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    We were looking at coming over. Have a PGR mission on Saturday for SSgt Donna Johnson who was KIA in Afghanistan. Westboro Baptist Church is going to be there. We will act as a shield between them and the family. Hope to join in the next ride.
    Totally understand Bruiser -you'll be missed and I look forward to riding with you soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    I plan on joining you this Saturday. Looks like a great day. One spyder, one ryder.

Stan

Great news Stan - look forward to seeing you.

Spyder Garage

Quick report on the ride yesterday - we had 4 Spyders (2 RTs and 2 RS's, sadly SpyderDuck and her sister didn't make the ride due to limp mode on their way to Durham - they did get home safely though so that is good!) and I had a good time leading the ride. I did get us a little lost but we had all of the essential elements: nice weather, some twisties, food, some more riding, then ice cream.

Thanks to those that came out and I look forward to seeing/riding with everyone again soon!!