Spyder Garage

Default What Should We Do Now?

I think we all agree that yesterday's ride was a really good one. We made new friends, renewed some old ones, saw lots of bikes, rode some great byways and won a few prizes. But, where do we go from here?

For some of us, we should get more organized (more on what that might mean below), push out more information about events and schedule more rides. It's the "how we do this" that deserves discussion and input from riders in NJ.

For example, some urged that we create a specific website where we can post events and information relevant to Spyder owners. That's fairly simple and I will be happy do create one if we all think it's a good idea. My small concern is that this site and this group was set up by Lamont to do exactly what a separate web site would do. We can use this discussion site to announce rides, discuss after-market farkles, review the new models, etc. It simply takes some involvement from a few of us to keep it going.

It would be good if we had a NJ "clearing house" for NJ rides. Too often I hear about a ride in my area that I could have gone to but don't get the info until it is too late. For example, NJERNIE mentioned a ride out of Manahawkin next weekend. I urged him to send me the info so I could post it here. I wouldn't have heard about it if he hadn't mentioned it. He said that in the past he has been the only Spyder rider there.

It would also be good if we could encourage ACCC to sponsor other rides, events and announcements here. I hope they will sponsor some rides/events next Spring and Summer. We should probably work toward sponsoring a charity on Spyder rides as well.

We might even produce identifying t-shirts and patches so that others can see our involvement.

So, there is much we can do. mrmichael has made a start. We don't have to have everyone involved but we do need a few to post info here and to keep this site -- or our own website -- current and active.

What do you all think?

ken tompkins

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ken...I think you already said it...You guys already have a forum right here that's unique to NJ..I don't see any advantage in having a separate one but I could be wrong...Having all information related to Spyders here allows anybody to see what's going on with you guys and many would want to participate. JMHO...Larry

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Ken...I think you already said it...You guys already have a forum right here that's unique to NJ..I don't see any advantage in having a separate one but I could be wrong...Having all information related to Spyders here allows anybody to see what's going on with you guys and many would want to participate. JMHO...Larry
    We use the Minnesota Forum and the Community/Groups page to promote our rides. It took a little while for it to catch on and for people to get used to looking there for info on the rides, but now we have a Minnesota following and are averaging 16 Spyders per ride and most of them saw the info on Spyderlovers! Keep it up and they will come!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Hi Ken; I'm glad you picked up the ball. Through conversations with others yesterday, some don't come to the form. The form is good for public information, I feel that we should be separate and independent. it's much easier to navigate on Internet ( one click instead of five clicks to get to where you want to go). I did meet other groups that have their own website for their information. It's easier for me to go to one website and look. Then to look on a form and search for a particular group. For example NJriders.com is one place I can go to see what the group is doing, and pass on information. Also, if we come across another group, we can tell them a webpage address, versus go to the form and search the jersey group. This is Lamont's website, not any particular groups. He monitors and regulates the site as he filled fit ( great job). this is a good example of why we should have our website, this shouldn't be public information as it pertains to a group internal information. Here is the website of a club check it out. www.poconoriders.com
    Last edited by mrmichaelg; 10-01-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

What will the group be called ? And you need business cards to hand out !

Teamspyder.com
    njspyderriders.com
    spyder3wheels.com
    njspydergroup.com
    spydernj.com

the cycle center could set up a blog off their site and we could post pictures and info there. Which would give there website more traffic and more business for them too.

A website would be good for local pictures and events . Everyone likes seeing themselves and places they know and have been to.

This event ended up being a good one because it was at least a months notice . And it was not just a meet for lunch at a restaurant , the meeting at the cycle center made it nice . Next time we have to help Ed and the cycle center have some more things in the parking lot . EX: seating , music , possibly a band , a huge BBQ ( catered) of coarse . If a group can be formed , the membership funds could help pay for a good yearly event .

the cycle center could put our group on their website and have handouts whenever they sell a spyder that would give a little info the group and meets of the past and future.

a big thing would be that all are welcome and it's not just for 3 wheels and older people . have rides that are cruises but also have alternative routes that meet up to the same places for the few that have the desire to use the proformance that the throttle can give .
    Some may disagree but others enjoy ripping up the pavement over 55 mph . The guys that set up mountain rides in Virginia always have a few different routes to ride , cruise speed route , fun but safe speeds route and the stupid and crazy speeds route .

Monthy meets would be set up in different areas so it would not be the same ride , close or far , for some . Set up a restaurant or dinner that would accomendate a large group , so we could talk and have a meeting with suggestions , and good meal.

These thing will never be to everyone's liking , someone will always disagree , never fails . No 2 people are alike and everyone has an opinion. You just try to stick to " IT'S ALL FOR FUN " !
    Thats why you talk about it , vote it , with majority desides -- and there's always next time .

Good luck and hope to see something put together .
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Default we need to keep this simple

As I stated in my earlier posting, we need to take this off the forum. the weather is still nice enough to meet somewhere face-to-face with people that are interested in forming a club. This is getting too complicated, as they say, putting the cart before the horse. We need to keep this real simple in the beginning. For those people are interested in the South Jersey area, in creating a club you can e-mail me at mrmichaelg1@msn.com. Meantime Ken e-mail me