Thread: Not Allowed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Not Allowed

To all Spyder Lovers,
    I am from the North Carolina and Virginia border and I love driving my spyder FAST, but I am really trying to avoid the tickets,cars,animals, and my fiances concerns of me driving too fast on mountain roads. I have been trying to get my spyder on the track at Virginia International Raceway (V.I.R.), to really see how my spyder handles, especially since I added new Elka shocks. V.I.R. keeps shutting me down with no legitimate excuse, the track is awesome and would be a real treat for any spyder to ride, but i bet if we get enough spyders and perhaps some backing from can-am to possibly have an owners event or to even start racing these things V.I.R. would change their tune. V.I.R. is completely capable of hosting any type of event we would want, they were the host of the super bike race the "Big Khauna", so I know it's not an issue of not having space. So if any of you Spyder Lovers, Ryders, or Owners are interested lets get the ball rolling, lets blow some phones up and cover that track with Spyders.

P.S. dont let my race fumes get you high while you're behind me j.k.
    Bust a Knuck, Sincerely
    JHHTWO

Spyder Garage

Seems it varies from Track to track. Seth has a track he has gone to and I know there was another track that allowed a few spyders on it.

A track like VIR is busy, and they may feel the spyder is a hindrance to other vehicle types that can carry more speed and not dog out in some of the corners. It may be better to find a different, less famous track and less busy track to attempt a track day.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like WackyDan said maybe you should try someplace else like Rockingham. There are probably a lot of drag strips that you could get on and if you go to Daytona for Biketoberfest you can probably get a lap at Daytona but not at full speed. I recently got to take a lap at Indianapolis but was disappointed becasue there were a lot of slowpokes in front of me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

My race days are long behind me. Good luck getting a track.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ok, I'm in.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!