Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Probably the 91 octane juice... this engine's compression ratio is higher than the old one that was in the GS/RS models.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoJive View Post
    Interesting. I would guess that is one of the test mules, possibly disguised as a silver/black RS?
    You are exactly right. If you'll look really close at the headlight area, you'll see they've used black tape to change the shape. It's on other parts as well to camoflage the body style.

A funny story: While we were on our test ride, we got stuck at a series of stoplights in a smallish town. There was a guy in a van to the left of me craning his head hard at every light to take a look. It was more than just your average "what is that?!" kind of look. And remember we're in Quebec where Spyders are extremely common, so it wasn't just seeing 4 Spyders that got his attention.

So he's in the left turn lane and we're in the right. We go different directions and then we pull over for a quick stop a few blocks away. I told the guys from BRP what I'd seen and as I'm talking, the van pulls in right behind us and the guy jumps out pointing and asking all kinds of questions. Of course it's all in French so I can't understand a word. But it was obvious he knew that we was seeing something different. Turns out he worked for a local dealer and was very knowledgeable about Spyders. They didn't let him get within 50 feet of the ST and finally shooed him away. There's only so much disguising you can do, I guess.
    Last edited by FaranH; 10-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    You are exactly right. If you'll look really close at the headlight area, you'll see they've used black tape to change the shape. It's on other parts as well to camoflage the body style.

A funny story: While we were on our test ride, we got stuck at a series of stoplights in a smallish town. There was a guy in a van to the left of me craning his head hard to take a look at every light. It was more than just your average "what is that?!" kind of look. And remember we're in Quebec where Spyders are extremely common, so it wasn't just seeing 4 Spyders that got his attention.

So he's in the left turn lane and we're in the right. We go different directions and then we pull over for a quick stop a few blocks away. I told the guys from BRP what I'd seen and as I'm talking, the van pulls in right behind us and the guy jumps out pointing and asking all kinds of questions. Of course it's all in French so I can't understand a word. But it was obvious he knew that we was seeing something different. Turns out he worked for a local dealer and was very knowledgeable about Spyders. They didn't let him get within 50 feet of the ST and finally shooed him away. There's only so much disguising you can do, I guess.
    The ones we drove were so butt ugly no one would even look at them. I think you had the next level unit that was pretty much the way it was going to before production.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They might have been asking for Faran's phone number...

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    They might have been asking for Faran's phone number...
    Bob!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well Lamont kept saying that the bikes were ugly...

Spyder Garage

^HAhahahahahahaha!!!

And man, how cool it must be to not only ryde an entire year while being an ambassador for all of us, but you get compliments without even asking for them! hahahahahaha Now that is a gig my Wife and I would love to have...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

From what I can tell in the pictures, very few of the things that I have put on my GS to make it comfortable and very "ST-like", will not work on the ST, more specifically, the Corbin saddlebags. I won't give those up. I wonder why BRP didn't consider designing their own removable panniers for this model.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Cat View Post
    Wouldn't ya know it, I didn't select YELLOW as the ST-S color selection on the BRP site and finally got thru!!!
    the price for the heated grips are $199.99
    It's real easy to put on heated grips aftermarket kits are 40 the element style that go under the stock grips
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

What are the wind deflectors like for the ST? Is it the same as the old ones for the RS and if not, are they adjustable and will they fit an RS?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Did you notice the ST Faran is sitting on is two tone?

how is the the new "heat-management" of the ST .. specially for the feet of the passsenger ??
    Last edited by chris56; 10-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post

how is the the new "heat-management" of the ST .. specially for the feet of the passsenger ??
    I was never a passenger so I couldn't say. I didn't have any heat issues but I'm one of those lucky ones that has very little heat issues, more on my RS than my RT.

Spyder Garage

Default demos?

Does anyone know if the new ST will be displayed at shows? For that matter all the 13's?
    In particular the Progressive International Motorcycle show coming to Atlanta area Nov 2-4?
    BRP is an ongoing exhibitor, we saw the 12's at the Charlotte, NC show in early spring.

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd bet more than a nickel that they'll be there...