Spyder Garage

Default Tire pressure - remote areas & load conditions?

I believe that I should be keeping the tire pressure at 15-17psi. I understand the importance of maintaining front tire pressure within .05psi and monitor that closely. The front TIRES that came with my Tas are rated for a max of 30psi. What would be the adverse consequences of running, say 20psi during my trip to Texas? This would give me an opportunity to bleed off a little on one side if the pressure needs to be balanced. Am I out to lunch?

Spyder Garage

Remember it is cold tire pressure meaning the pressure before you go riding. You can play with the pressures to see if it makes a difference. For me personally when I go over 17 psi in the front the steering become twichy and uncomfortable. I just don't like it. Your experience may vary.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Find a pressure that works for you, and stick with it. Most RT riders use 17-20 up front and 25-30 in the rear. The pressure is most important for getting the handling you desire. The tires will handle any rated load at the lowest recommended pressures.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I'm with Billybovine on this: the other day I put 20.5 in fronts and then hit the interstate for about 30 miles and it seemed too "twitchy" particularly behind/near heavy vehicles. Have since dropped back to 18. At 17-18 it just seems more steady.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I'm with Billybovine on this: the other day I put 20.5 in fronts and then hit the interstate for about 30 miles and it seemed too "twitchy" particularly behind/near heavy vehicles. Have since dropped back to 18. At 17-18 it just seems more steady.
    I run nancy's RS at 20, but I prefer the RT at 17-18. My 2010 seemed to be more changeable with thire pressure. My 2011 is not as particular.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!