Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry I couldn't make it

Sorry guys, I wussed out from the ride because of temps and my lack of sleep. I was planning a 500 mile day, but needed more rest for that. Have a great ride!
    Can-Am Spyder RT 2011 Limited with Ultimate Seat, Lamonster Highway Pegs and Bracket, Garmin 650, Trailer Hitch and Diamondplated Trailer.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Preliminary Report

Made it home safe.

Started out with 12 Spyders. By the time we reached Big Meadows we were up to 12 Spyders riding in our group

Met 2 Canadians on Spyders the were riding the Skyline going south.

Met a femaile Spyder rider from Maryland at Big Meadows who was riding with a bunch of 2 wheelers, going south

Half the group split off for home at Route 211 around 4 PM.

6 Spyders completed the Skyline ride to the north end.

I took 300+ photos - Will post later.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Made it home safe.

Started out with 12 Spyders. By the time we reached Big Meadows we were up to 12 Spyders riding in our group

Met 2 Canadians on Spyders the were riding the Skyline going south.

Met a femaile Spyder rider from Maryland at Big Meadows who was riding with a bunch of 2 wheelers, going south

Half the group split off for home at Route 211 around 4 PM.

6 Spyders completed the Skyline ride to the north end.

I took 300+ photos - Will post later.
    Glad to hear you had a good turnout. We had hoped to join the group. After riding over 850 miles through SW VA, NE TN, & NW NC Tuesday through Friday we rested up today. Leaf colors were near peak and great mountain roads including US-58, US-421 and Blue Ridge Parkway. Hope we can join you on the next organized ride. Anyone interested in the Urbanna Oyster Festival Nov. 3 ?

Spyder Garage

We had a great time, looking forward to the next ride, enjoyed meeting everyone and hope everyone made it home safe.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures - No Particular Order - No Captions.

2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Glad that you had a good turnout and would have been there, but are in Daytona. We hope to make the next one.
    Rudy

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Spyders on the Skyline - Saturday 20 october 2012

I also made it home safe. Many thanks to all of you for making this a wonderful ride. I really enjoyed myself.
    Chris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyders

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    I also made it home safe. Many thanks to all of you for making this a wonderful ride. I really enjoyed myself.
    Chris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    DR Buck/All:

Made it home safe. Was a great day to have this event. Meet new people and seen old friends as well. Hope all enjoyed this ride. Will have to do again next year (maybe a annual event)?

Hollywood

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I havent been on here much in the past month but got up early today and just happen to see this post. Already had plans with the family to go to Kings Dominion amusement park so couldnt go on this ride......but went over and met everyone there for breakfast.

I think there was a total of 9 spyders. Here is the picture of some of them in the parking lot.

It was nice to see some old spyder friends and meet some new spyder riders!
    Yay! I see mine! It was nice to meet you this morning! I hope you guys had a good time at Kings Dominion!

^ Wow, I used a lot of exclamation marks there. Hmmm, perhaps I'm still excited about meeting all those great spyder riders!
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Wow, this was a great introduction to some fellow spyder riders! I met up with Hollywood to travel over from Maryland (187 miles) then met up with the Ruby Tuesday's group for dinner. Waffle House for breakfast and a the Skyline ride all the way to Front Royal (105). Then, back home.

Total miles: 412

Thanks to everyone who rode along it was great to meet you and I can't wait to do another ride.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    Wow, this was a great introduction to some fellow spyder riders! I met up with Hollywood to travel over from Maryland (187 miles) then met up with the Ruby Tuesday's group for dinner. Waffle House for breakfast and a the Skyline ride all the way to Front Royal (105). Then, back home.

Total miles: 412

Thanks to everyone who rode along it was great to meet you and I can't wait to do another ride.

Excellent ride,

Want to give my thanks to Dr.Buck for making this happen.

Like Hollywood would like to see this as a annual event also maybe a spring ride.

Met a lot of good people and some old Spyder friends it's always so much more enjoyable

when you ride with people with the same interest as you.

Also want to thank all of you who came to the ride this to me is what's it all about.

Nexus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry I was't able to make this ryde this year. Looks like you all had a great day. I'm thinking about doing the Parkway this week or next probably heading out on a Tuesday to try and avoid the weekend crowds.
    Thanks Dr Buck for setting this up and hope you lead the VA Ryder's on this and other rydes as an annual event.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

We were so bummed to miss the ride! Happy to hear that all had a wonderful time. Hope we can make the next event, whether it is a riding one or not.

Madonna
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Love the pictures of my back yard

Nice to meet everyone that was at the Waffle house in Waynesboro!

Next year I will make sure to attend this event!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Wow, awesome turnout! Wish I could have been there...

(Thankfully, got my bike fixed... alas, too late for the fun )
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Default Back in Virginia Beach

The wife and I made it home safely, as well! Along with "Tigger", we had a great time. This was our first group ride with the Spyder family. We were both on the 211 breakaway. That, too, was a great ride. We rode into Fredericksburg, had a wonderful meal at Logan's and decided to spend the night. We left for Virginia Beach the next morning...and decided to pay a visit to the Williamsburg Outlet. Finally, we rode into Virginia Beach, had another great meal at our favorite Ruby Tuesday of Kempsville. To all those who made the ride, thank you for the wonderful fellowship and company. The wife and I are looking forward to making another Spyder-Run. Glad we met people like all of you.
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

If anyone wants to upload photos and/or videos to a central gallery you can do so with this link:
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/guest/...lineRyde102012

That will add photos to this gallery: http://www.phyxiusphotos.com/SpyderR...3136&k=jp97LHS

If you embed GPS info and/or caption/keywords they will automatically populate there. If you'd like me to manually add them upload the photos and send me the info and I can add it.

Waiting for the 9:30 start time at mile marker 105:

Setting up for our first group shot, another gentleman took our picture and said he'll send it to me. When I get it I'll post it, too

Some of the scenery:

Twelve Spyders!

-Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Skyline Drive Ride

This was our First Spyder Ride! Absolutely LOVED it! And NO, my Bronze Spydie was Not New...the sticker was taken off! Ok...so I only had 800 miles! We drove up with Valcruz from Va Bch area and had a tremendous time with everyone! Loved meeting all the spyder owners, seeing modifications, asking questions! Loved especially - nobody brags about their mods, my bike is better etc - everyone gives extremely useful advice, information and tries to help each other, also dont do this - I did it and it didnt work etc. This is definitely the first of MANY rides!

TiggerSpyder

Spyder Garage

I had a Liquid Image Ego camera clamped onto my passenger hand grip. It was a test run so I strapped a lanyard on it which made the faceplate sit "out" a bit and caused vignetting. I shot 720p HD video and it looks fantastic. But it was also, really, really LONG. So, I optimized it down to 640 video and sped it up 400%. (The viewer defaults to even lower res, use the selector on the bottom right if you'd like to change it.)

If you don't get sea sick you can see it here:

I need to figure out some other mounting options, that's not the most flattering angle nor does it show that much of the road unless we're turning. It also makes it looks like I'm very close to the centerline due to the angle above, behind and to the right of the wheel. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with our first test.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default HOW DID I MISS THIS...???

HOW DID I MISS THIS RIDE...???
    this is the 1st time i've read about this ride... dang..! ! !

i'm planning a ride for myself, if anyone wants to join in... for me, it'll be a 3 day journey, starting at my home and ending at my home...
    Easley, SC to Knoxville, TN via US-411S, 4 Hrs. 180 Miles... drink beer, eat, sleep....
    Knoxville, TN to Chattanooga, TN via TN-58W, 3 Hrs. 115 Miles... drink beer, eat, sleep...
    Chattanooga, TN to Easley, SC via US-64E, 5 Hrs. 202 Miles... HOME
    Round-Trip = 12 Hrs. & 497 Miles, 12 beers, 9 meals, 2 nights sleep, 16 gal. of gas...

right now, i have no idea about the timing... could be tomorrow, or not until April... but if anyone is interested, let me know...
    i'm retired, so a trip in the middle of the week is best for me, less traffic...
    SAM_0321.jpg