Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now... which size did you get?
    I'm hiding behind the 2010 "Barn door" model right now...
    At it lowest position; I'm forced to stare through it for about half of my road vision...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BARN DOOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    At it lowest position; I'm forced to stare through it for about half of my road vision...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Unless that is how you like it, trimming it is not hard to do........of course once done it can't be undone..Mike

Spyder Garage

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    I would recommend the Large. Mark recommended it but at the last minute I changed it to an XL since I sit on a pad. I still might send it back and get the Large but right now I am enjoying it too much! Did it mention that it's awesome!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Somebody might have told me that you said that...
    Thanks! A Large; it is!

Spyder Garage

I don't mind "over-sizing" for my situation, because I'm only using it for cool weather riding. I want as much cold air blocking as I can get. Then once it's warm again, I'm back to sport shield.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    I would recommend the Large. Mark recommended it but at the last minute I changed it to an XL since I sit on a pad. I still might send it back and get the Large but right now I am enjoying it too much! Did it mention that it's awesome!
    Thinking of One for my New 2012 RT?
    With stock I,m looking over the top but about 30 yards down the road.
    I might get the Large (1 1/2 Inch Shorter Than stock ) so I have a little better view over it but move it Up on cold days!
    Does it effect Highway stability like on My RS and Hows the Gas Mileage ? Any Worse???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Thinking of One for my New 2012 RT?
    With stock I,m looking over the top but about 30 yards down the road.
    I might get the Large (1 1/2 Inch Shorter Than stock ) so I have a little better view over it but move it Up on cold days!
    Does it effect Highway stability like on My RS and Hows the Gas Mileage ? Any Worse???
    I recommend the Large. I don't have enough time with it yet to comment on stability or gas mileage. To be honest, I don't care about gas mileage and have never checked my Spyder. When the light comes on, I fill it up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Unless that is how you like it, trimming it is not hard to do........of course once done it can't be undone..Mike
    Ahhh... I ain't that good with a sharp knife. I've even got the scars to prove it!

And I'm also interested in seeing if the wider top will give a bit quieter pocket of air around me...

Spyder Garage

And I'm also interested in seeing if the wider top will give a bit quieter pocket of air around me...
    YES! It's awesome! You won't be disappointed.

Spyder Garage

Just got back from about a 20 mile Ryde to test out my new cal-sci. I already had a 25" BRP ultra touring with the side wind deflectors. The wind deflectors cause a backdraft which brings in exhaust fumes on me. Was told that the calsci would delete this backdraft because of the venting and solve my problem. Sad to say I got off the bike still smelling like I crawled out of the exhaust pipe. I do like the shield though and it is not the problem. Allows a little more wind on my arms and hands than the BRP shield but all in all I thought it was good. Probably looks more sportier. I just wasn't the solution to my problem. I know the easiest solution is to remove the side deflectors but I love them. Just ordered 2 Honda Y gaskets to replace those and see if maybe that helps any. Wishing I could get this problem solved ASAP! Any other suggestions?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've got to keep track of who's on an RT, and who's on a GS/RS...

Spyder Garage

Spyderrx....anymore thoughts on it besides your fume problem? Do you like your old windshield better?
    Last edited by Kratos; 10-04-2012 at 04:15 PM.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Spyderrx....anymore thoughts on it besides your fume problem? Do you like your old windshield better?
    I do like my old shield better, especially for the winter, because it does block more wind. When compare side by side the BRP shield is wider overall. It also has the bottom part that extends out toward the mirrors that block the wind from your hands. I'm still going to do a little more testing and change those gaskets before making a final decision. The gaskets could be my whole problem to begin with. One thing I wanted to test that I didn't have the opportunity to, was how the wind hits you on the interstate if your behind or passed by a big rig. Get some buffeting with my old shield. Interested to see how the cal-sci performs in that aspect. Will do some more testing this weekend.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default "Over-hyped"?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderrx View Post
    I do like my old shield better, especially for the winter, because it does block more wind. When compare side by side the BRP shield is wider overall. It also has the bottom part that extends out toward the mirrors that block the wind from your hands. I'm still going to do a little more testing and change those gaskets before making a final decision. The gaskets could be my whole problem to begin with. One thing I wanted to test that I didn't have the opportunity to, was how the wind hits you on the interstate if your behind or passed by a big rig. Get some buffeting with my old shield. Interested to see how the cal-sci performs in that aspect. Will do some more testing this weekend.
    Hmmm.....this goes against the hype this thread created.
    Last edited by Kratos; 10-04-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We've got to keep track of who's on an RT, and who's on a GS/RS...
    Rar has an RT and it's great. I ordered her a medium and could live with that myself. When I order mine for my RT which will arrive on Tuesday. I will order a large. I'm 6' and although the medium would be great if I became a snow bird I think I will opt for a little more protection in the north.
    Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got it...
    Are they starting to ice-fish out on the lake yet?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Hmmm.....this goes against the hype this thread created.
    I think most of the hype is from the RT owners apparently the new Cal Sci for the RT's is wider and shorter giving them a more comfortable ride. As for us RS owners it's still trial and error. I'm waiting on the 23" BRP ultra touring shield to arrive any day now. I tried the Madstad robobrackets but couldn't get that perfect fit and didn't care for the look. Let me know your thoughts on the Cal Sci and i'll post mine on the BRP touring.
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.