Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Dongle for 2013

Bluetooth Dongle for RT audio system $289.99
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

spacetrucker

Thank you soon much for the things you sent to me.now I really owe you. Looks like we should ship soon on shirts. Will call you Tuesday ok thanks.john w

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyder.brp.com/files/neut...0458_FT_TH.jpg

From the picture, it seems to be the SENA SM10, which sells for $120 on the web. BRP will see it for $250.

I guess that for $250 you also get a very good cable.

...Ben...

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Big question is does it interface with the cb? And does it stream stereo music, not just mono.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

From the Sena web site it indicates it does stereo. I have one on order and when it arrives I will post my findings.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    I guess that for $250 you also get a very good cable.

...Ben...
    More like "pre-wired"... Although usually it is already "wired", just needs the unit.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

hmmmm.... that is something I would be interested in and finding more information

to add BT to the Spyder without having to add 20 different things to make it BT compatible.... sounds like a potential winner (if it can be added to existing Sypders..........)

Spyder Garage

Per my dealer, it does not interface with the cb, but can be retrofitted to earlier models. looks like it mounts in the frunk. What is up in the air though is if t facilitates ride passenger communication regardless of whether or not you purchase the BRP Bluetooth headset.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Bluetooth Dongle for RT audio system $289.99
    OK, what's it do ?

Cell Phone ? Without going through the GPS, there has to be some kind of interface in the LCD module. I can't imagine that can be retrofitted unless you retrofit the radio also ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Cell phone, and stereo music to your helmet. Supposedly rider passenger intercom as well.

Spyder Garage

Waiting for feedback from others

Do we need the entertainment harness and/or other harnesses? Does it add Bluetooth to the radio/system or is it something else entirely?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    Waiting for feedback from others

Do we need the entertainment harness and/or other harnesses? Does it add Bluetooth to the radio/system or is it something else entirely?
    Though I still have questions about it, from what I have gathered, the only thing it does is stream your music to your headset.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My understanding is BRP is going to use Sena Headsets (SMH10) and the Bluetooth dongle (SM10)
    They will be badged as Can-Am and come with their logo on the units

For more information see these links

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa...SMH10-v4.0.pdf

http://www.senabluetooth.com/downloa..._SM10-v1.0.pdf

They will still need to get the output from the onboard Radio - Maybe someone will have an answer soon how this is being done

I have manged to output my radio via bluetooth using a Sony Bluetooth transmitter but it will only send a signal to one headset
    Have being trying to get a Sena SM10 but as yet not sold in the UK
    May have to order one from the States but then I have to add P/P + Customs which makes the unit expensive at this time

Hope this post can answer some of the questions

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

How does that bluetooth helmet work out ?

For me, up to now, I've preferred the wired headsets.
    I already have two laptops, a pad and a cell phone.
    Keeping two bluetooth helmets charged is just two more of those little vampire chargers that I'd like to avoid.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    How does that bluetooth helmet work out ?

For me, up to now, I've preferred the wired headsets.
    I already have two laptops, a pad and a cell phone.
    Keeping two bluetooth helmets charged is just two more of those little vampire chargers that I'd like to avoid.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    Ain't it the truth? It's getting so houses and vehicles need a dedicated charging wall, with a battery of charger outlets. It's easier to plug in my helmet than to recharge daily. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    My understanding is BRP is going to use Sena Headsets (SMH10) and the Bluetooth dongle (SM10)

They will still need to get the output from the onboard Radio - Maybe someone will have an answer soon how this is being done

I have manged to output my radio via bluetooth using a Sony Bluetooth transmitter but it will only send a signal to one headset
    May have to order one from the States but then I have to add P/P + Customs which makes the unit expensive at this time

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    I looked on Sena's web site under accessories for the bluetooth dongle and it lists cables for Harley Davidson bikes as well as Honda Goldwings. The cables for these bikes looks like they plug into where the rider or passenger would plug in a wired headset. I do not know for sure but its just a guess at this point. BRP will maybe supply a kit to install the dongle in the top rear compartment beside where the ipod is plugged in again I am only guessing.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product...=photo_gallery

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Have a friend in the states to buy and send it to you as a gift.... just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

well that would be very col and certainly make it easier to BT enable the Spyder

connecting it to the rear speaker wires to input the radio shouldnt be a big deal (cough cough)....

Spyder Garage

We have Sena headsets on our helmets and use the dongle to connect our iPod and GPS. It all works very well: we can both listen to the same music, we can both hear the GPS and we can talk on the intercom. If one of us wants to hear different music then a second iPod/radio/MP3 player can be plugged directly into that helmet. A charge on the Sena units will easily last for a long day of riding.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    We have Sena headsets on our helmets and use the dongle to connect our iPod and GPS. It all works very well: we can both listen to the same music, we can both hear the GPS and we can talk on the intercom. If one of us wants to hear different music then a second iPod/radio/MP3 player can be plugged directly into that helmet. A charge on the Sena units will easily last for a long day of riding.
    My question is... the sena headsets are multi-point. meaning they can pair with multiple things simultaneously. Are they paired both with each other AND the dongle, or just the dongle. I ask this because if they are paired with each other then tht is likely where the intercom is happening. Im also not going to be getting sena headsets. I have a shartooth that works well, but from what I've read doesnt play very nicely with other brands for intercom purposes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    My question is... the sena headsets are multi-point. meaning they can pair with multiple things simultaneously. Are they paired both with each other AND the dongle, or just the dongle...
    The Sena units pair with each other, or a number of other units, AND with the dongle. Hope that helps.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    The Sena units pair with each other, or a number of other units, AND with the dongle. Hope that helps.
    Not really. that doesn't tell me which pairing facilitates the intercom. And I don't have, nor intend to buy the Sena headsets. I already have headsets. unfortunately, they wont pair with each other (sharktooth + cardo) which is why I wanted to know if the dongle facilitated the intercom.

I got this reply from Sena, which settled my question once and for all. It is exactly as I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sena Tech Support
    The SM10 is the same dongle that BRP will offer and neither will facilitate intercom between two headset. What the SM10 will do is stream music/audio to two headset from one source.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    Not really. that doesn't tell me which pairing facilitates the intercom. And I don't have, nor intend to buy the Sena headsets. I already have headsets. unfortunately, they wont pair with each other (sharktooth + cardo) which is why I wanted to know if the dongle facilitated the intercom.

I got this reply from Sena, which settled my question once and for all. It is exactly as I suspected.
    thats sort of dissappointing

Spyder Garage

Default Been Using Sena Headsets for 2+ Years

I have been using the Sena BT headsets for 2+ years and absolutely love the product. The intercom pairing, as was stated, is through the helmet and not the Sena SM10 or BT Dongle as Can Am calls it. The sound from these headsets is awesome, near audiophile quality if listening from iPod not Garmin. I called my dad one night from Vegas to San Antonio and he asked where I was as he just tried reaching me at home. I said I was on the Spyder doing 70 mph and he said it sounded like I was sitting in my family room.

The comments above about another item to charge shouldn't be a problem with the headset units. They have over 10 hours of talk time and 10 days of "on standby" time. I have never come close to running low on charge. I don't think anyone but my wife's sister that could talk for 10 hours in a day...that's way too much talkin' and not enough paying attention to the road...

I have sent so many emails to BRP/Can Am about Sena and the SM10 unit. It is nice to see this partnership come about. The SM10 should pair to any A2DP compliant BT headset, which covers about everyone's. It sounds as though the SM10/Dongle only connects to the AM/FM and not the other audio options.

I haven't installed one yet, but does anyone know if this dongle picks up the IPod for handlebar controls ? Sena told me that it can handle multiple A2DP audio sources, like a cell if not through the Garmin and an IPod. It would be a real bummer if Can Am didn't go all the way and include everything that can be controlled by the handlebar controls !!!

Sena does make a very high quality product and their customer service has been next to none. I hope Can Am really thought this out before bringing this to market IMHO.... IF they did, this will be the missing link in our entertainment and communication problems and more people can then complain about something else. LOL
    The Irish don't dance, they just hold each other up ! (I am Irish, so I can get away with saying that...)
    - David Feherty - AT&T Pebble Beach 2/9/12

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=murlaw703;558272]I have been using the Sena BT headsets for 2+ years and absolutely love the product. The intercom pairing, as was stated, is through the helmet and not the Sena SM10 or BT Dongle as Can Am calls it. The sound from these headsets is awesome, near audiophile quality if listening from iPod not Garmin. I called my dad one night from Vegas to San Antonio and he asked where I was as he just tried reaching me at home. I said I was on the Spyder doing 70 mph and he said it sounded like I was sitting in my family room.

The comments above about another item to charge shouldn't be a problem with the headset units. They have over 10 hours of talk time and 10 days of "on standby" time. I have never come close to running low on charge. I don't think anyone but my wife's sister that could talk for 10 hours in a day...that's way too much talkin' and not enough paying attention to the road...

I have sent so many emails to BRP/Can Am about Sena and the SM10 unit. It is nice to see this partnership come about. The SM10 should pair to any A2DP compliant BT headset, which covers about everyone's. It sounds as though the SM10/Dongle only connects to the AM/FM and not the other audio options.

I haven't installed one yet, but does anyone know if this dongle picks up the IPod for handlebar controls ? Sena told me that it can handle multiple A2DP audio sources, like a cell if not through the Garmin and an IPod. It would be a real bummer if Can Am didn't go all the way and include everything that can be controlled by the handlebar controls !!!

Sena does make a very high quality product and their customer service has been next to none. I hope Can Am really thought this out before bringing this to market IMHO.... IF they did, this will be the missing link in our entertainment and communication problems and more people can then complain about something else. LOL[/QUOTE

If you read the thread

Spyder RT Converting-stock-Spyder-audio-output-to Bluetooth

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...235#post510235

See also

Spyder RT best-way-to-store-hold-your-iPod - This will also show the Sena SM10 in the rear trunk

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...149#post357149

You will see I have used Autocom switch which connects via the onboard speaker leads - Anything that outputs to the speakers
    e.g Radio AUX (ipod) will be transmitted via the Sena SM10 to the Sena SMH10 Headsets
    All functions like Volume, Channel change, Track change etc are still controlled by the Handlebar - RECC (Roadster Electronic Command
    Center)
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World