Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota SpyderLovers October 13th Ride

Mark you calendars for October 13 - this will be our last official group ride of the season. We are planning on heading to Duluth, visit Aerostich, have a light lunch, traverse the Oliver St. Bridge, then head back to Mora for a pot luck supper at the Caswell's. Kaye is making sloppy joes and Les is making his famous chili...bring along your favorite dishes to add to these. If you need to refrigerate something we can put it in the fridge in Les's garage while we ride. Also, bring along your ideas for rides next year! Hope to see you all on the 13th!

--Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

I will have to take a day off for this or switch.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I will have to take a day off for this or switch.
    Do what ya gotta do...it wouldn't be the same without you and Heather! You could even meet us in Duluth then ride down for the pot luck...you can stay with us Saturday then be home Sunday to go to work if you have to!!!!

Spyder Garage

I am going, I got the time off. Lets do this.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I am going, I got the time off. Lets do this.

Awesome...get your Aerostich shopping list ready too, that is one of our planned stops!!!!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Only One Week Away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    Mark you calendars for October 13 - this will be our last official group ride of the season. We are planning on heading to Duluth, visit Aerostich, have a light lunch, traverse the Oliver St. Bridge, then head back to Mora for a pot luck supper at the Caswell's. Kaye is making sloppy joes and Les is making his famous chili...bring along your favorite dishes to add to these. If you need to refrigerate something we can put it in the fridge in Les's garage while we ride. Also, bring along your ideas for rides next year! Hope to see you all on the 13th!

--Paula
    Let's hope Mother Nature gives a nice day for our ride - I'm not quite ready for snow!

Spyder Garage

Default oct 13

will be there for this ryde, too bad it will be last one for thus group this year. sounds a tad cool but spydee loves coooool. what is aerostitch? have something new i created to show all.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    will be there for this ryde, too bad it will be last one for thus group this year. sounds a tad cool but spydee loves coooool. what is aerostitch? have something new i created to show all.
    Oh Neal...it is a cycle mecca! I believe Mr. Orange has provided a link above...the show room is about as big the BRP room at Caswell's but it has at least one of everything in their catalog...if want to see it in your size or just put your hands on something in the catalog you write it down and they go get it for you! Bring your $$ stash or you'll be sorry!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Thanks for throwing out the link on your post...we are very fortunate to live within 100 mile of this place and Dennis Kirk is only 10 mile from our house!

Spyder Garage

Default Oct 13 ryde

Paula; any plans for an alternative ryde date? Weather forecast is not good for Friday or Saturday.

Spyder Garage

Default in the south wish i

Wish i was up in Mn to do this ride my home town it would be great enjoy your ride

Spyder Garage

:-) I'm still in for Saturday !!! Rain suit ready !!!!
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Neither rain,snow,sleet.hail or heat will stop Kathy and I from this ryde !!!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mnpops View Post
    Neither rain,snow,sleet.hail or heat will stop Kathy and I from this ryde !!!
    I like that attitude!!! I started the season with all that coming down (except heat!) back in April, so...what's a little 70% chance of rain/sleet/snow to a hearty group of Minnesota SpyderLovers? We can all warm up in Les's garage with some chili and sloppy joes! Looking forward to seeing you both there.
    --Paula

Spyder Garage

Default Oh, I'll be there

Like to ride, don't mind the cold, rain does not bother me on the spyder. Just don't like the combination cold and wet. Weatherman is fudging on the forecast now. Rain may stay south of the TC and not hit the north until late in the day or evening.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I talked to Les tonight and we decided to gather in Mora at Caswell Cycle and at 10am make the call whether to do the ride as planned or shorten it and just hang out in the garage to chat, eat, and see who won the prize poker hand! Either way it'll be nice to see/ride with everyone one last time this season.
    Don't forget just showing up for the ride gives you one card towards the best poker hand...some of you are pretty close and this one last card to make or break your hand!
    See you Saturday morning! - Paula

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Get your long johns, hand & foot warmers, neck gators, and heated gear out - we're riding tomorrow! The forecast is looking better and better (Tommy Jensen you might not need that umbrella) Meet up at Caswell Cycle in Mora at 9am to sign in and we will be taking off at 10am. Pot Luck back at Caswell's and the grand prize for the best poker hand will be given out! See you there!

Here's the weather forecast for our ride:
    http://weather.weatherbug.com/MN/Mor...6&start_hour=2
    http://weather.weatherbug.com/MN/Dul...6286&zip=55801

Spyder Garage

F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default It's a Heat Wave!!!

7:30am on the morning of our last official group ride and it's a balmy 42* (yesterday morning is was 25*) and it looks like they've lowered the rain % in the area's we want to ride in. So look out Duluth's Aerostich here we come

Spyder Garage

I thought we were going to meet up......

LIKE A FAMILY!!

crash tester for:

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought we were going to meet up......

LIKE A FAMILY!!
    There is nothing I can say that will make it better....I am So sorry we didn't make it up there. Can we still be "like a family"?????

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a great turn out considering the weather forecast: 14 Spyders and 4 motorcycles! Much to the dismay of Seth and a few others we didn't make it to Duluth to visit Aerostich (that is back on the ride list for next year for sure) but we did have a good ride. We took Les's favorite back roads to Askov where we stopped at The Little Mermaid Cafe (named after the story by Has Christian Anderson) after lunch we headed back to Mora via more of Les's backroads.

This was the first time we have had any Spyder issues: 1 flat tire (fixed), low rear tire (pumped up) and another issue with a Spyder that was remedied and got the Spyder back to Caswell Cycle (where it will stay!) after two years of rides this was the first time anyone's had trouble...not too bad!

Because of the "troubles" I zipped up front to let Les know and when we got going again I got to sneak in between Les and Tommy to play up front - hit some corners in the 80's and 90's (wheeeee!) That was FUN!!!!

Here's the link to the photos I took on the ride: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2408 if anyone has more photos send them to me and I'll add them to the album.

Butch was the winner of the poker hand and scored a new BRP jacket from Caswell Cycle. Tommy Jensen (aka fireplug98) won the drawing for a new Minnesota Spyderlovers t-shirt! As a special gift to all the riders Caswell Cycle gave each of us a long sleeve BRP Spyder t-shirt!!!!

It's been a great riding season (one good thing about a drought!) and we got some great suggestions for next seasons rides. Thanks to everyone that has joined us throughout the season and let's do it again next year!
    --Paula

Spyder Garage

Default Great photo's

Paula the ryde was great. Of course your chocolate brownies are still the best. I had a second one in honor of Seth. BTW, that was a neat trick you used to photoshop a bald spot on the back of my head. Mike

Spyder Garage

THANKS for a GREAT ryde yesterday Kathy and I are done ryding for 2012 but we WILL be back ryding in 2013 !!