Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I love my 2012 RTS Spyder. i bought it in March of 2012.. I have 12,800 miles on it. I will not trade for a long time. Just get it serviced regularly!

Spyder Garage

Default TRADE IN PRICES

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    I'll bet he didn't make a mistake. My dealer told me about 5 months ago $17,000 for my 2011 RT. Tradein they don't give much.
    10/4/12

I traded my 2011 RTS/SE5 a month ago and was given $18,000 towards my 2005 GL1800 Lehman Monarch II Trike. The Spyder had 4,800 miles and was in MINT condition.

Motogordo

I originally paid $27,000 for the 2011 RTS/SE5 new......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    I'll bet he didn't make a mistake. My dealer told me about 5 months ago $17,000 for my 2011 RT. Tradein they don't give much.
    10/4/12

All the dealers have to make a profit to stay in business. I believe they are happy to make between 20-25% on a bike.My 2011 was traded for $18,000 and I saw it later on the sales floor for $22,388. My favorite cycle store "Cycle World of Cherry Hill" closed a couple of months ago. They were in business for 30 years. Their overhead got very high and cycle sales were off 40% in the past year. Another cycle dealer told me the same thing. They were also selling bikes cheaper then the competition and eventually you run out of money if you constantly do this. I will miss them.

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/trade-...d-auto/361359/

Here is the 2011 RT-L Trade in value as a Guide -- Retail says $23,355 for 2011 RT-L?

Also Check NADA 2011 and you will be in the ball park.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Typical low-ball offer that many car salesmen pull just to see if they can catch a naive owner, hot for a new model!
    Best to just walk away smiling than even try to negotiate. You will be surprised when they call you back and say they made a mistake and offer you 2-3k+ more for your trade. Unless you are in a hurry, the longer you delay the more likely you will get a reasonable deal.
    10/4/12

I sold cars many years ago. The seller tries to make as much as he can and the buyer tries to pay as little as possible. It never changes. LOL. When I asked trade-in value for my 2011 RTS/SE5 the saleman told me $16,000. I told him, NO WAY. 5 minutes later he said $18,000 which was the figure I had in MY head for trade-In. I don't care how good a machine is, you alwlays get kicked in the butt when you go to trade. The dealer wants to make some profit and the buyer wants to save money over a new one. That's life in the fast lane. LOL
    Motogordo

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=dannyg;520153]You can buy a new 2012 limited for 22600 with dealer prep included. And there are loads of them at the dealers. Anyone who thinks they are getting 28 needs to go to eBay and look at the prices or call some of the dealers in Texas. Or NY.

They are practically giving away the 2012s at this point and the price is not going to recover any time soon. Stinks if you own one but 19 is about right.[/QUOT

10/4/12
    I find that dealer prep runs about $900. If you add the extended warranty, can add another $1100....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just glad that I've spent so much improving my 2010 that the Missus will never let me get rid of it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not a fan of being a ginny-pig. It seems each year they change everything and problems arrise from the changes. I sure hope I'm wrong making that statement for all the wannabie newbies just dying to test-drive and buy the new and improved 2013 Spyder.
    Well, one out of two ain't too bad.

Spyder Garage

Paid $20,650 for my 2012 RTS back in August. Dealer took out the prep and destination charge. Don't know how many he has left in stock but there are a lot of crates stacked in the Spyder section of his yard.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards