Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) SusanOnRed's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sharon, I stand on my pegs to mount always and swing my leg up and over. If you want to poll a bunch of ladies, check out Girls on Spyders on Facebook. It is a great group and lots of great information and input.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
    Hi -- I'm still in the looking phase of Can Am ownership and wondering if you have any problems getting on and off of the Spyder. I am specifically looking at the RT model, but also considering the new ST. It will be a little while before I can get one because I need to sell my current ride.

I don't think I will have any problems swinging my leg up and over, but am wondering if you stand on the foot peg to do it? I am quite a hefty lady and I think I would be afraid to stand on it, but would appreciate a little input.

Thanks for not thinking I'm being silly...I still haven't test-ridden one yet, and maybe this question has been holding me back. I have been riding for over 40 years, so I'm no spring chicken either...62 years young.

Like I said, thanks!

Sharon

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Sharon,

I'm another rider who weighs more than you and I use the footpeg to mount as well. You'll be fine!
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

You have all put me at ease about test riding one now...thank you for being so honest with your answers. I have been stressing over this for some time now and putting it off. I guess I was afraid of it tipping over, even though I know it weighs a lot. Thanks again. I will let you all know when it happens.

Sharon
    When you actually take your first ride you will wish you'd done it sooner. You'll find that the Spyder has been exactly what you wanted all along. It will make you feel at home. Just remember to relax and enjoy. The rest will come easy.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Sharon:

No worries on mounting the RT as everyone has stated. This is one solid machine.
    I am a chunky monkey and when I took my test ride I was a little embarassed as there were 5 guys watching me... Once I sat in the seat, it was like I was home! I am closing on 60 and ride everyday now either by myself (shopping) or with my spouse. I even ride to work. Matter of fact I road home with it the first day and that was close to 70 miles. Nervous, yes, but I smiled and laughed the whole way home.
    I hope you try the Spyder soon and love it as much as I do.

Good Luck!!!!!

Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Short legs

I am only 5' 3" and ride a 2010 RT-S. I mount by stepping on the foot peg and then swinging my right leg over. I do have to remember to bend my right knee a little so my foot doesn't hit the passenger seat. It is not a problem. I hope you sell your ride soon and get your Can Am. I absolutely LOVE mine. I am 62 also and hope for many more days of riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have all put me at ease about test riding one now...thank you for being so honest with your answers. I have been stressing over this for some time now and putting it off. I guess I was afraid of it tipping over, even though I know it weighs a lot. Thanks again. I will let you all know when it happens.

Sharon
    Let us know how your ride goes!

Just make sure you are ready to buy before you try! It sure is hard to think up any excuses for a "No!" after you're hooked! My test ride resulted in a purchase, and the giving up of my "Tail of the Dragon" car.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hard to Mount???

Don't worry about it, 6 ft and 300 lbs and does not even lean. Ride one and enjoy it.........
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Love my spyder!!!!

Sharon, I have an RT and just stand on the peg and swing my legs over. I'm short and fat and don't have any problem, it is very stable and easy on/off. Sometimes I hit my foot on the back handlebar, but not a big deal.

Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

Sometimes one is sorry they ask for the replys never end. All good and if you ever have any type of questions here's the place to come. So now that we have calmed you down, as mentioned, go for it test ryde and soon you will ryde with us and not just look at us. Good luck
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black