3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

1 33.33%
    Spyder Garage

Question Central NC Spyder-Ride - Sat October 13 - starting in Durham, NC - who is interested?

Greetings all - I started my Spydering experience by going to Spyderfest and then shortly after that I joined fellow Spyderlovers folks in Charlotte when BRP tour was there. Since then, I have been Spydering all alone for the most part (and it is time for that to change).

I had an inspired thought tonight - what if we were to do a casual/small Spyder-ride on Saturday 10/13 starting in Durham (possibly at the local Spyder dealer), visiting some local landmarks (UNC, Duke, etc), taking advantage of some of the really cool roads we have in the area with the ride culminating with food (of course). My original thinking is that this would be a Spyder event, but that ALL would be welcomed to join us!

Here is what I am thinking:

- Saturday October 13 - meet in the morning say 10:00am - exact location to be determined
    - 'group' ride through some cool roads and local famous places (would love to see a bunch of Spyders motoring through Duke's Campus and downtown Chapel Hill). For those that don't like "group rides" - no problem - we will let you know where we are meeting for lunch and hope you can join us there!
    - stop somewhere to grab lunch
    - for those that have time, we could go on another group ride and those that need to leave could depart after lunch

This is just an idea at this point, so I am not committed to dates, times and/or activities. Just thought I'd toss out the idea to see if anyone is interested.

One thing to note: I have organized lots of group activities in my life, but never a ride, so if anyone has experience and/or would be willing to assist me with setting up and/or leading the ride, I would certainly your feedback, input, etc!

Looking forward to reuniting with my Spyderfriends and meeting New Spyderfriends!

Brian

Spyder Garage

Default Durham Ride

Even though we are in Concord, it sounds like fun. If scheduling permits, we could come to Durham for the event. Keep us posted. It goes without saying, the more advanced notice the better, so arrangements can be made.

Spyder Garage

- Saturday October 13 - meet in the morning say 10:00am - exact location to be determined
    -

Brian

Sounds like great fun...unfortunately we alreadfy have plans fo0r that date. But please join us on FaceBook if you haven't already joined (I'm terrible with names)....and post you idea

http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good to us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Will check our availability for 13 October. Sounds like fun.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

So it looks like we may have a group - and I say even it if is a small group lets do it! I am going to reach out to Triangle Cycles tomorrow to see if they are open to having us (a) meet there and (b) reach out to their Spyder customers to let them know we are planning to meet there. Will post more details this weekend!

Brian

Spyder Garage

Hey gang... Have fun! GS is parked with toasted rear bearing (was lucky to make it back from Lamont's). Parts arrived today but I won't have time to put them in until past the ride date. Maybe I'll host a rear bearing cookout day at my house later in October.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default Durham Ride

Is there any updates about this ride?

Spyder Garage

Default Central NC Spyder-Ride - Sat October 13 - starting in Durham, NC - who is interested?

Will post more details tomorrow!!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on the ride...

So it looks like we have some takers - and I am going to talk to the folks at Triangle Cycles on Tuesday when I take my Spyder back over there to have them take a look at something. So as of now, here are the plans:

10:00am: Arrive @ Triangle Cycles in Durham (4503 Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard, Durham, NC - only a few miles from both I40 and I85)
    10:15am: Safety briefing and route review
    10:30am: Depart Triangle Cycles, quick trip to Chapel Hill to take photos by "The Old Well" at UNC, head south towards Jordan Lake, and then north and west towards Pittsboro.
    12:00pm-ish: Arrive in Pittsboro, NC where we will dine at a local establishment (confirming location for lunch and open to suggestions if someone has a favorite place)
    1:00pm-ish: Depart Pittsboro, head towards Snow Camp, NC and then Saxpahaw head west for a little while longer, then north and then back towards Durham
    2:30pm-ish: Back in Durham, with a brief detour to see the Duke Chapel (Duke University Campus)
    3:15pm-ish: Back at Triangle Cycles (they are open until 4p) to say goodbye

Total trip length will be about 115-125 miles, be mostly back roads with a few miles of highway riding (not interstate) more as transition than anything. The general "style" of this ride will be fun but legal so all are welcomed.

I have a tentative route planned out that mostly consists of back roads and I'll be running the route by a few friends who have been riding the area for years to see if there are better roads on the general route I have mapped out. As soon as I have them take a look at the route, I'll post it for all to see.

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN and are looking for a place to stay on Friday night, please PM me ASAP and I'll talk to a local hotel or two to see if we can get a group rate!

As I mentioned in my first post, all bYkes and bIkes are welcome so don't forget to invite your two wheel friends and please include them in your count. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Looking forward to it!

Brian

Spyder Garage

Default Durham Ride

Thanks for the info. We will see if we can make arrangements to be there. I would say it is a 95% chance we will be there, as our schedule looks now. Looking forward to the ride.

Spyder Garage

I might join, depending on weather. As I recall, Duke has a beautiful campus; it would be nice to ryde there.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Default Central NC Spyder-Ride - Sat October 13 - starting in Durham, NC - who is interested?

Duck - current route has us visiting both UNC and Duke.

Spyder Garage

Started a new thread with the "official details" of the ride here