Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Soon to be newbie.

Hello everyone,
    I been looking at the spyder now since March. Up till August, I have had mostly sportbikes. 750 katana, zx1100, 78 Goldwing, and lastly fzr600. Unfortunately in Aug I was hit by a ranger pickup on my way home from work. Bike was totaled, fractured a bone in my knee and tore a tendon in my shoulder (all on the right side). Nice patch of road rash on my shoulder, and swollen rotator cuff. All healing nicely..
    This has pushed me even more to the Spyder. I been sneaking through the forum and other forums to gather more info. I have to say this forum is alive, I've been on some dead ones, lol..

So Im looking at a 2012 RS-S sm5, but Im going to hold off till I see what the 13's bring..

What ever I get I will post pics, and probably asking questions...

Smitty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard, Smitty!
    I'm sorry to hear about your encounter with a pickup truck last month; it certainly gives one good reasons to rethink certain strategies...
    Anyway; Have fun shopping for your new pride and joy!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

well go ahead and do it...buy that Spyder...but I would wait until 2013 is revealed.....you won't be disappointed with the Spyder

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the welcome.. I will be getting that spyder and I am waiting for what the 2013 may offer first

Spyder Garage

You won't be disappointed. I'm sorry about your accident and am glad you're on the mend. Keep us posted on your new baby.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Spyder Garage

and looking forward to hearing what you end up with. No matter what, it will be good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

keep us updated. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty310 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.. I will be getting that spyder and I am waiting for what the 2013 may offer first
    as you guys ova there get the spyders first im waiting to c what colours they come up with and any changes to the rotax if any , so im in the same boat as you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

SOOOOOOOOOO anxious... .. cant wait till Sunday!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty310 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I been looking at the spyder now since March. Up till August, I have had mostly sportbikes. 750 katana, zx1100, 78 Goldwing, and lastly fzr600. Unfortunately in Aug I was hit by a ranger pickup on my way home from work. Bike was totaled, fractured a bone in my knee and tore a tendon in my shoulder (all on the right side). Nice patch of road rash on my shoulder, and swollen rotator cuff. All healing nicely..
    This has pushed me even more to the Spyder. I been sneaking through the forum and other forums to gather more info. I have to say this forum is alive, I've been on some dead ones, lol..

So Im looking at a 2012 RS-S sm5, but Im going to hold off till I see what the 13's bring..

What ever I get I will post pics, and probably asking questions...

Smitty

after sunday we'll find out if you were the smart one and i was the dumb one!i started looking in march and bought the 2012 rss sm5 in the can am red. i have over 6000 miles on it already. the way i look at it, i might be sorry when i see what you get with the 2013 rss, but, i got to put on 6000 miles this summer instead of waiting. that's the next question. who's the winner here? good luck with the spyder when you get it. you're gonna love it.

Spyder Garage

Welcome Smitty.Glad to hear you are healing and about to get a Spyder.Whichever you get this years next years you will love it.Good luck with your purchase.

Ivor