Thread: How pitful

Spyder Garage

Default How pitful

I got a copy of the list of those attending Venom in Vandiver today. There are only two listed as coming from GA that are preregistered and I'm one of them. I think this is really pitiful. It's looking to be a fun weekend. Why is it, no one from GA is interested in this event? Because we are not putting it on? I know we have had problems in the last six months getting together but why can't Spyder owner's support an event here in the South. It has to start somewhere?
    Look at how far people drove to Lamont's last weekend.
    If you can't commit for the whole weekend how about going over for a day?

FL three, TN eleven, MS six, TX six. There are people from NY, IL and CA coming. Courtyard 25 is less than a three hour ride from the Atlanta area. Come on folks, let's party in Alabami!

Spyder Garage

!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default why not Vandiver...

For me, I have other obligations other than riding my Spyder. I love to ride, but there are still family things to take care, household things to take care of and other hobbies I enjoy that I cannot do if I am at a riding event every weekend. Plus, during the work week, I am putting in 4-5 13 hr days, including the commute. Riding to events every weekend is more than I physically want to handle.
    2008 yellow SM5, PE#488
    ESI 4" risers
    Can-Am 23" Ultra-touring windshield kit
    Can-Am fog lights
    Flash-2-Pass garage door opener
    Givi E460 top case with Admore LED kit
    Spring release on frunk
    Kewl Metal mirror extensions
    Spyder Lovers license plate frame
    Ultimate low rider seat with rider backrest and yellow contrast stitching
    Custom Dynamics Double Feature Lens Tail Light
    TricFenderz (Led lights) in amber/red

Spyder Garage

Default How pitful

Could you pm me a list of those coming? I would like to see how many are actualy coming and how many from my area, thanks

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, in CA for another 6 days...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default WAIT A MINUTE HERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I got a copy of the list of those attending Venom in Vandiver today. There are only two listed as coming from GA that are preregistered and I'm one of them. I think this is really pitiful. It's looking to be a fun weekend. Why is it, no one from GA is interested in this event? Because we are not putting it on? I know we have had problems in the last six months getting together but why can't Spyder owner's support an event here in the South. It has to start somewhere?
    Look at how far people drove to Lamont's last weekend.
    If you can't commit for the whole weekend how about going over for a day?

FL three, TN eleven, MS six, TX six. There are people from NY, IL and CA coming. Courtyard 25 is less than a three hour ride from the Atlanta area. Come on folks, let's party in Alabami!
    Who the hell are you to go around bashing people who chose not to attend an event? And then attack the folks you are asking to attend. That's not pitiful, that's stupid. This is your second or third "attack" on the GA Spyder "management" and the great folks who have volunteered to get it going.
    Why weren't you at the ride yesterday in Monroe to support the Breast Cancer programs? Seems like a great event to support. Did anyone put up a complaint that said the people that didn't attend are pitiful and didn't attend because it wasn't in their home town?? Not exactly the way most people would react.
    I'm not at all against Vandiver, just not on my list of things to do - is that clear enough? If that fits your defination of "pitiful", then .................

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Tuck, I was in a planning meeting in Huntsville, AL yesterday.

I was under the impression that no one wanted to be "management" of the group
    in GA from the conversations I've heard and the posting that I have read? Am I wrong?
    Several months ago there were some suggestions about getting together. One of them in the Savanah area. Nothing became of the suggestions.

I've also heard on occasions that no one wants dues and that we were to be a loose knit group, ie no one in charge per say? I heard a conversation like this when I was at the Monestary this past month. I was on that ride, remember?

I'm just trying to get the GA Spyder owner's more active in activities that can get us together riding or not. My bad. I just guess it was stupidity on my part to even try.

Sorry that I offended you and the GA Spyder Riders.

Spyder Garage

Same kind of situation here in AK. Have tried twice to get the AK Spyder Ryders Club up an running. Can never get more than one or two people at a time who are interested in riding as a Spyder group.

I am beginning to think it must be my wonderful personality or maybe even my shaving lotion?

I rode for 10 years with a multi brand group, and this year have joined an attended some Gold Wing Riders functions.

I think its a shame because we have some of the best riding area around. Don't matter, I have put 9000 miles on my Spyder so far since April and akspyderlady has put 5000 miles on her spyder since July. We ride--others are welcome to join--but takers are few and far between.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Agree with ya, but .........

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Same kind of situation here in AK. Have tried twice to get the AK Spyder Ryders Club up an running. Can never get more than one or two people at a time who are interested in riding as a Spyder group.

I am beginning to think it must be my wonderful personality or maybe even my shaving lotion?

I rode for 10 years with a multi brand group, and this year have joined an attended some Gold Wing Riders functions.

I think its a shame because we have some of the best riding area around. Don't matter, I have put 9000 miles on my Spyder so far since April and akspyderlady has put 5000 miles on her spyder since July. We ride--others are welcome to join--but takers are few and far between.
    I agree with you that it seems more difficult than with a Goldwings or Harleys (they've been around a little longer) but I'm sure not bashing anyone ref the situation. I still ride with the HOGS a lot, and with my {back/arthritis) pain Doctor. He has a new BMW RR1000SS, or something like that - plus several folks I worked with for years. The Spyder owners are spread out all over the state - I have no idea how many RT/RSs there are. We have had several meetings with 25 or so bikes and everyone seems super. We had 11 bikes for the Breast Cancer ride this past SAT and there were probably close to 300 other makes. I managed to put on 20,000 the first year, but I use it most every day I can. Only been in GA. NC, AL, KY and TN due to lingering back issues. Utopia back rest and AirHawk seat pad make it the most comfortable "chair" I own. Maybe Key West this Jan with a bunch who've done that most every year lately.

It'll improve. Seem to be many who want to do rides, I think it'll improve rapidly with more get togethers - 3 dealers have helped us so far.

Thanks for you post, good luck with the winter riding!! It's gotta be tough waiting for riding wx. We're pretty lucky here in N GA, few snowy or icy days - or real cold rain, a year and the rest of the time just hook up a Gerbing jacket and launch.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Tuck, I was in a planning meeting in Huntsville, AL yesterday.

I was under the impression that no one wanted to be "management" of the group
    in GA from the conversations I've heard and the posting that I have read? Am I wrong?
    Several months ago there were some suggestions about getting together. One of them in the Savanah area. Nothing became of the suggestions.

I've also heard on occasions that no one wants dues and that we were to be a loose knit group, ie no one in charge per say? I heard a conversation like this when I was at the Monestary this past month. I was on that ride, remember?

I'm just trying to get the GA Spyder owner's more active in activities that can get us together riding or not. My bad. I just guess it was stupidity on my part to even try.

Sorry that I offended you and the GA Spyder Riders.
    Hey, more riding options are always good. Don't give up! No sense in an 'all or nothing' conclusion or making uninformed assumptions concerning those who have disappointed you. No bridges need to be burned.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Well I did not attend the owner's event, Lamontster's BBQ, and will not be attending Venom. Reason? I have a job and a family and cannot attend every motorcycle event. Not that I need to explain myself, but you got to remember that not everyone has as much time as maybe you do and they may have other obligations. Its not because its not a Spyderlover's event, but I am sure that affects the awareness of the rally to people that do not frequent other spyder websites. You are entitled to your opinion, but my opinion, you would be better served by stating your reasons why you are excited to be going to it and maybe getting other people interested in it instead of posting a thread "coming down" on people on why they have not committed to coming. To me posts like this make the people that try to organize a group in GA throw their hands up in the air and say why bother....

Spyder Garage

I added it to the GASpyderRiders.com website to help on the awareness.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post of the event Hawk!
    Taking your advice....getting to ride on the track at Barber's, riding with other bikers other than Spyders and a chance to win a vacation cabin in NC for up to 8 people?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wish I could come but don't think that long of a ride would be possible with a 6 year old. I need to get some arm rest ordered so it would be more comfortable for him and maybe he could ride longer.