Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default "Welcome package" and panel certificate.

brought mt 2012 RTS in july and I still don't have My"Welcome package" and panel certificate. is BRP still doing this?

New Stanton, PA (South Western Pennsylvania)
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'm worse off than you. I bought mine in April! No welcome package yet. I just sent for my 5,000 pin. I hope I atleast get that!

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome package

I bought my RT-S the last week of June and got my welcome pack last week. No panel certificate

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JaymeG33 View Post
    Well, I'm worse off than you. I bought mine in April! No welcome package yet. I just sent for my 5,000 pin. I hope I atleast get that!
    I'm in the same boat as you -- bought our first Spyder on 27 April and still waiting for welcome package and panel certificate. Hopefully, we'll get 'em soon....

Mark D. Harrington
    Retired USAF (MSgt)

Bikes:
    2005 Honda Shadow 750
    2010 AutoMoto (150cc)
    2012 Can Am RT Limited - White (Wife's)
    2012 Can Am RT Limited - White (Mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bought in June.. Got my welcome package in July. No certificate, but it looks like I got the new panels... maybe on my 600 mile service?

Spyder Garage

Bought 2011 in July this year. Have received both the welcome package and the panel certificate. Both were mailed separately.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Make sure the Dealer(s) actually registered your Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by btcherm View Post
    brought mt 2012 RTS in july and I still don't have My"Welcome package" and panel certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaymeG33 View Post
    Not sure why they wouldn't register them but its part of the process. BRP has to know you have the bike.

Spyder Garage

Default Whaaaaat!

Bought mine July 31, 2012 . What is a "Welcome Package"and panel certificate? Never heard of it.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

the pak. is a picture of your bike that you can fram and some small dudades,the panel ctf.is to get the new pnnel to make it easy to change oil.i think thats only for rts.the rs already came with a easy panel off for oil change ,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Bought in June.. Got my welcome package in July. No certificate, but it looks like I got the new panels... maybe on my 600 mile service?

I have my 600 miles service done yesterday and cost me $316. I called the dealer mechanic 2 weeks earlier and remind him the voucher for the new panel. The panel was available when I got there yesterday.

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did he kiss you before he charged you $316 $160 at Robert's with the new panel and instructions. The tax here probably brought it close to that price.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wasn't even offered a welcome package.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spydee8's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got my Welcome Package, but I've never heard of the panel certificate. Im going to call Monday to schedule my 600 mile service, do I need to say anything about the panel certificate?

Thanks,
    Dee

Spyder Garage

What exactly is the Welcome Package and is there any significance to receiving one?

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Got my RT Limited the end of June and got my Welcome package last week (with a busted pin). No sign of panel certificate. Had my 600 mile service done today and no mention of panels and I forgot to ask about them.
    Steve Cordray
    USAF Retired
    Tulsa, OK
    2014 RT Limited - Silver w/Maroon seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Mik View Post
    Did he kiss you before he charged you $316 $160 at Robert's with the new panel and instructions. The tax here probably brought it close to that price.
    $316 would be a bargin my dealer/stealer charges $526 for 1st service (and No Kiss)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got m package and certificate

Got my welcome package a few weeks ago and the certificate for new oil change gizmo. Included in the package were some little sort of brochures that they want you to pass out to people who want to ask you about your new ride. BRP does not pay me to shill for them and so I tossed these little items in the trash. I have not been bothered by anyone yet regarding my RT and that's just fine with me. My last ride was a URAL GearUP and I was constantly badgered about it. That company also had their "Emissary" program where they wanted you to pass out the same type of items.

Pin and patch in the welcome package were appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Punty View Post
    $316 would be a bargin my dealer/stealer charges $526 for 1st service (and No Kiss)

Wow!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome package

Here are some photos of the welcome package.

DSCN2632.jpgDSCN2633.jpgDSCN2634.jpgDSCN2635.jpg

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Default panel

Quote Originally Posted by btcherm View Post
    brought mt 2012 RTS in july and I still don't have My"Welcome package" and panel certificate. is BRP still doing this?
    I feel your pain I too purchased mine in July 2012 and took it in to the dealer for the 600 mile oil change and asked about the panel and was told I needed a panel certificate so I paid them the $420.00 for the service went home and called BRP Customer Service to check on the certificate.

After giving the lady on the other end of the phone the vin # the first words out of her mouth was (you haven’t received the letter) at which time I informed her that not only have I not received the certificate I haven’t even received a THANK YOU from BRP for improving their economy by forking out the $30,000.00 for the Spyder. Then I asked when they will be sending me a certificate then she says that they won’t be sending out any more certificates and that the dealer I purchased the bike will need to call BRP’s parts dept and work out getting the certificate faxed to them for the new panel.

So I called the dealer informed them of this and I was told they would call me back in an hour, four hours later when I called them back I was told he was waiting on an ok from BRP and that could take 24 to 48 Hrs. This was Wed the 5th of Sept the day before the wife and I left for Lamonster BBQ; stop by the dealer last Friday the 14th and you guessed it the guy I talked to on the 5th was out but I did work my way up to the General Manger on this so we’ll see what comes of it this week.

Also when I told the lady on the phone that I hadn’t even received a thank you from BRP last week I got the Welcome package in the mail without the Certificate for the panel. (More to come)
    Last edited by Lava Flow; 09-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

i picked up my RT SE5 at the end of July. I received a welcome letter and 2 weeks later I received my packet. I did not get a certificate but my dealer stated they changed out the panel. Was not charged for the panel. hmmmmm

Spyder Garage

I got my Spyder at the beginning of August. Still no welcome package, but I did get the new panel at my 600 mile service. I'm looking forward to the welcome package. Hope i get one.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Here are some photos of the welcome package.

DSCN2632.jpgDSCN2633.jpgDSCN2634.jpgDSCN2635.jpg
    Any acknowledgement by BRP that I bought a new Spyder 1st March 2011 would be welcome. "The Adventure Starts Now" applies only to where the market is strongest, it hasn't started in the UK yet and probably never will.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bought my Spyder 3 years ago and still haven't received a welcome packet..Dosen't bother me though...I'm more concerned about having fun riding the Spyder...On a positive note...My wife bought a used Spyder and received her packet and the BEST warranty within 2 months.

Spyder Garage

Default "Welcome package" and panel certificate.

got my welcome pack last week. No panel certificate