Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Turning Heads on the Spyder

Let's get some reports about interest being shown in the Spyder.
    Today, I turned into the parking lot of my favorite burger joint and a guy had followed me in and went over the Spyder and asked questions: How fast? I don't know, it has a 6,000 RPM limit during break-in. How big is the gas tank? Wow! That is a big trunk!! etc.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Turning Heads on the Spyder

It's non stop for me. I'm about to make a flier to hand them that answers all their questions. ;D

Most asked questions for me.

-Who makes it?

-How's it handle?

-How fast will it go?

-How much are they?

I like the attention but sometimes it's a little too much attention if you know what I mean. :

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    It's non stop for me. I'm about to make a flier to hand them that answers all their questions...
    That's awesome!

I was thinking, we could all come up with a top ten (fifty?) FAQ list.

If you print the list of answers to frequently asked questions on business cards (especially if you HAVE a business) it would make for a nice little PR giveaway, and maybe allow the Spyder owner to get on their way a bit more promptly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler
    That's awesome!

I was thinking, we could all come up with a top ten (fifty?) FAQ list.

If you print the list of answers to frequently asked questions on business cards (especially if you HAVE a business) it would make for a nice little PR giveaway, and maybe allow the Spyder owner to get on their way a bit more promptly.
    Right now I'm just telling them to go to SpyderLovers.com for more information. I just had some SpyderLovers.com stickers made up so when they take a picture it will have the website on it. I'll have a few extra too if you guys want some. I'll take some picture of them on the Spyder first so you can get an idea of what they are going to look like.

Wait till you see the new logo I'm doing that will be a sticker for the fender and the trunk.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well sometimes I wish I sold these and they were in stock and other times it becomes a little tedious answering the same questions. I really don't have very much faith in the education system in America because the number 1 & 2 question is who makes it and what is it called when it's plastered across both sides! Sorry for the frustration but you gotta understand that we've had the barage of questions since 10/24. I guess we didn't realize that people never saw anything like this in their life's.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

javascript:void(0);

When I took it out for a test drive back in September,I had heads turning and many of
    those waved.I did not had a chance to talk to anyone while testing,but I imagine it will probably be non-stop.I am hearing some garbage about purchasing the machine,but I am hoping for the last laugh.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman
    Well sometimes I wish I sold these and they were in stock and other times it becomes a little tedious answering the same questions. I really don't have very much faith in the education system in America because the number 1 & 2 question is who makes it and what is it called ....
    I'm a math teacher and I'm just curious--Is the #3 question "How many wheels does it have?"
    ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't get that question so I guess you did your job but shame on the reading teachers! I could see if I took the stickers off but come on, " Can Am Spyder". Can the letters get any bigger???????????

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman
    I don't get that question so I guess you did your job but shame on the reading teachers! I could see if I took the stickers off but come on, " Can Am Spyder". Can the letters get any bigger???????????
    HA!

(Now I can retire from math teaching!)

I can't wait to see what questions I get (yes, yes--still waiting for my Spyder...) 'cause my lovely bride got me a Can-Am Spyder hat and a Can-Am Spyder warm-up jacket (for Xmas) which I will wear with my Can-Am Spyder owners' jacket while seated on my Can-Am Spyder...

It will be v e r y difficult not to be sarcastic when replying to the "what is it?" question. I guess this is the opportunity for laying a foundation for a positive public image.

Soon enough, people will be saying, "You know, all those Spyder owners are__________!"