Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I like it, I am 6' w/33 inseam and got the large. Just the right height to look over but not get hit with the wind..
    Cal Sci XL Windscreen; Widow Highway Pegs; Mirror Extenders; 1" handlebar riser; Hindle exhaust; Corbin Seat, Givi top case, Street Magic HID headlights, 12v power thingy in trunk, NMN Triple Play, Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS, Corbin rear fender, so far
    and A Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    I don't know how many of you also thought that the white fender tip lights on your Spyder look out of place? In my case being I have a yellow unit it seemed to look even worse with the white lights against the yellow paint. I have found the perfect replacement for these in the 5 watt rating needed in an amber bulb which looks 1000% better in these tip lights. It is a number 2827 style bulb available at most auto parts stores. After changing mine I was very happy on how such a small, cheap and easy to do thing made the bike look so much better.

Ride safe
    Ev
    I just bought a set from Advanced Auto and popped them in.

Looks = 100% better on the millennium yellow

Brightness = Not as piercing as the white bulbs

Since my has the Xenon Headlights and Fog Light upgrade, the fender tips being as visible isn't as much a concern to me as the looks
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Marcels Evolution III windshield (Doesn't Work!),
    please explain as to Doesn't Work??

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    please explain as to Doesn't Work??

Thank you
    I'm sure he can give a specific reason why it doesn't work for him but windshields are a very personal thing. Some windshields get rave reviews from one rider while another rider absolutely hates it. It depends on what you are used to and what performance you are looking for in a windshield.

Examples:
    I had ridden on my wife's Spyder with an F1 windshield and an EVO III and neither one worked for me. She liked her F1 and just loves her EVO III. I will say that the EVO III is much better for my needs (mainly wind noise reduction) than the F1 was.

I had Marcel's new (original size) slide screen and I did not like it. The slider windshield would not raise high enough to do what I want a taller windshield to do, give me wind noise reduction at 55 MPH and faster. That same windshield was put on SpyderRyder810's Spyder and she said it worked great for her.

I have an EVO II windshield that gave great wind protection and wind noise reduction but I don't like the looks. I have a new taller version of the slider and I like the looks and it gives me good performance.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After a couple of weeks with the amber bulbs I think I prefer the white (clear). They better match the headlights when viewed head-on and look less pumpkin'ish (amber lights on yellow fenders). Switching back to original bulbs. Nice to have options like this however ... especially at less than $1.50 per fender ... and the change-out couldn't be any simpler thanks to the specific instructions posted hereon by you wonderful folks.

Ken

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am going to replace my lights with yellow tomorrow.
    I think I read some where that the white lights sometimes confuse people driving at night when the see it coming up behind them.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McGone View Post
    I installed amber 194NA lamps on my silver Spyder. I like the look and the original white light was in my field of vision so at night it looked like a headlight behind me reflecting in the side mirror. Now I know if the source is a fender running light or in my mirror.
    I installed the amber lights on my silver Spyder. I really like this look and agree with McGone. Now it doesn't look like there is someone behind me. It was getting annoying.

Spyder Garage

Default FRONT FENDER LITES

THANKS FOR THE INFO MM WILL MAKE THE CHANGE IN THE AM JUST FINISHED PUTTING WIDOW PEGS ON THEY LOOK BAD ASS, IF ANY BODY IS GOING TO PUT THEM ON YOU NEED TO ALTER THE SPRING SOMEWHAT IN THE AM GOING TO JP CYCLES HERE IN FLA TO GET MY ISO GRIPS AND SHIFT ANDBRAKE PEDAL COVERS, HAVE BLK SPOKE WHEELS FROM CAN-AM, SPORT WINDSHEILD, 4IN RISERS FROM THE M.M. [WORKED GREAT, LOOKS GREAT,FEELS GREAT] SOLO SEAT COVER LOOKS COOL,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by leslie View Post
    Had trouble finding the 2827 bulb here in Minn. Endded up with aGE194NA its 5 watts and looks great.
    Yep, that's what I ended up with too.
    Seems to work just fine.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Default wiring in fender support

I cleaned up the look by drilling a 3/8 hole at the bottom of the front fender supports, at the top of the triangle shape and ran the wires through the support up under the fender to the running lights

Spyder Garage

Ok, I have a stupid question. What color can you not use? I know red is out, any other colors?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most adaptive to change.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Depends on the state you live in really, some have laws about the color of running lights you can have and then some have laws about if they can blink or not depending on that color.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default white or amber

The stock fender tip lights are white. You may also run amber. It is my understanding that these are the only two colors that are legal in all fifty states to run as FRONT marker lights or turn signals. Most people prefer amber for turn-signals.

In the REAR you may only have red for running lights, but either red or amber are okay for turn signals.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrs magic View Post
    The stock fender tip lights are white. You may also run amber. It is my understanding that these are the only two colors that are legal in all fifty states to run as FRONT marker lights or turn signals. Most people prefer amber for turn-signals.

In the REAR you may only have red for running lights, but either red or amber are okay for turn signals.
    Kool, I was thinking about putting blue to match the paint, but I will stick with Amber. Thanks.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most adaptive to change.

Spyder Garage

My first mod!! Just installed new fender tip lights. Wow what a difference. Stock on the left, led on the right. Check out the link for install help from bjt. Thanks bjt!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...6&postcount=22

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

When I seen this post last night. Thought it was great Because, I wanted to do something with those lights but didn't know what. Went to autozone and found green, blue, amber and red bulbs. I've got the green ones in now. I have blue and amber waiting for my mood to change.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder#353 View Post
    When I seen this post last night. Thought it was great Because, I wanted to do something with those lights but didn't know what. Went to autozone and found green, blue, amber and red bulbs. I've got the green ones in now. I have blue and amber waiting for my mood to change.
    Beware, in most states there are very specific laws as to what color can be on the front of your vehicle. In MI it is only white or amber. I think FL is very strict about that as well. You may want to check it out before you change your mood and get a ticket.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Beware, in most states there are very specific laws as to what color can be on the front of your vehicle. In MI it is only white or amber. I think FL is very strict about that as well. You may want to check it out before you change your mood and get a ticket.
    Ya know thats probably true in most states. Here in south Fl. you should see some of the crazy lighting systems on the bikes. Some look like Los Vages on wheels. So until they laws enforcement band it and starts giving out tickets. I'll run the green and amber, once in awhile I'll do the boat thing. With one red and one green. Witch means. Red right returns. Green is a real eye catcher. The Harley plate light changes the look in the back also. It has a little more style now.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Ya know thats probably true in most states. Here in south Fl. you should see some of the crazy lighting systems on the bikes. Some look like Los Vages on wheels. So until they laws enforcement band it and starts giving out tickets. I'll run the green and amber, once in awhile I'll do the boat thing. With one red and one green. Witch means. Red right returns. Green is a real eye catcher. The Harley plate light changes the look in the back also. It has a little more style now.

Let us know how running a red front facing light works out for you.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

If they are gonna let you do it, then have fun. You live there so you would know how strict local enforcement is.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i like these.
    Last edited by aka1004; 05-31-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go