Spyder Garage

Default Looks like it was 16 degrees off today

Made a run into town today and I went by a bank that is pretty much right on with the temps they display and the Bank said it was 37 degrees out and the Spyder said it was 53 degrees out. I really wish the Spyder was right because it was pretty darn cold.

On a side not I got the Spyder insured with State Farm for a little over 50 bucks a month. That was the same as my other bikes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Looks like it was 16 degrees off today

Lamont,

Having a temperature guage that is that far off is totally useless. The guage on my wife's Prius is dead-on based on my observations and it's extremely vital that I know that the temperature is 34 degrees vs. 32 degrees. This sounds like a major flaw in their location of the temperature sensor and is something that needs to be corrected before I will be satisfied. One of the major reasons I bought this bike was to drive it in colder weather. I hope BRP addresses this soon.

Funny, I don't recall the temperature guages on the prototype/demos I rode back in the summer being significantly inaccurate like this so it must be a change they made to the production models like skimping on the quality of the sensor or changing it's placement or the airflow that feeds it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Looks like it was 16 degrees off today

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbertian
    Lamont,

Having a temperature guage that is that far off is totally useless. The guage on my wife's Prius is dead-on based on my observations and it's extremely vital that I know that the temperature is 34 degrees vs. 32 degrees. This sounds like a major flaw in their location of the temperature sensor and is something that needs to be corrected before I will be satisfied. One of the major reasons I bought this bike was to drive it in colder weather. I hope BRP addresses this soon.

Funny, I don't recall the temperature guages on the prototype/demos I rode back in the summer being significantly inaccurate like this so it must be a change they made to the production models like skimping on the quality of the sensor or changing it's placement or the airflow that feeds it.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with how they changed the airflow to relive the heat on the legs. Perhaps the redirection of that airflow is causing a "dam" or backflow that sends warmer air in the direction of the sensor...???? Just thinkin out loud.