Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs for RS

I'm looking for highway pegs, not running boards for my RS. I've searched the forum to no avail.
    Who makes the pegs and hardward to install them forward on the RS? I'd like to no have to cut holes in my tupperware, but recognize that may not be possible. I saw Lamont's setup for the RT, but another poster asked if it would work on an RS, and was told "no".
    After my 1000 mile weekend, I'm fairly convinced the pegs would relieve hip and knee pain.

Thanks! Sue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default When you find them

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    I'm looking for highway pegs, not running boards for my RS. I've searched the forum to no avail.
    Who makes the pegs and hardward to install them forward on the RS? I'd like to no have to cut holes in my tupperware, but recognize that may not be possible. I saw Lamont's setup for the RT, but another poster asked if it would work on an RS, and was told "no".
    After my 1000 mile weekend, I'm fairly convinced the pegs would relieve hip and knee pain.

Thanks! Sue
    Hi Sue
    If you find anything let me know.... all I have found are running boards as well
    Thanks Dave

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I used these for 2 years before my wife took possession of her spyder. At 6'-2" with a 34" inseam, I found them more comfortable after I used some 1/4" flat bar to extend the pegs a couple inches further. They were still comfortable for me without it. My wife finds them comfortable also, and she is 5'-4".

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/produc...roducts_id=107
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Custom Dynamic set with the 4 inch brackets. The only cutting you will need to do is drill a hole on the bottom of the brace that holds the bottom cover, a small cut of the bottom cover where the bolts go, but you will not see it once installed. I removed these covers for more air flow, so did not matter anyway. Very nice set-up once you find the right spot, but the only draw back is you cannot put your full weight on them.010.jpg This pic shows the highway peg installed, and other shows the cover that has to have a bolt hole made (I removed them).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post

Thanks! Sue
    I made a set for my RS. Not hard to do, didn't even have to take a panel off to install. I mounted mine to the frame using a 34 inch piece of one inch hollow steel bar. Enclosed are what mine look like. Maybe have about $20 and about 3 hrs of work. If you want more detail, let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Check out ISCI one of our site vendors. They make top quality products and have superb customer service.

This is what I use and they are very strong.

http://www.isciride.com/iscirsmanual...htm#highwaypeg

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Default Hwy Pegs

I have Kewlmetal with ISO Wings on my 09 GS... They are awesome I rode from Miami, Fl. to Gatlinburg, TN and i have a rebuilt ACL in my left knee no issue... Hope this helps.

Godd Luck
    BIOSAB

Spyder Garage

Now that the ST has been released and Lamont is thinking of getting one, maybe down the road he'll design a great set of highway pegs for it that may also work on the RS. That would certainly be awesome.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Big Arm designed his own they are pretty nice. Maybe he will see this thread and chime in about them or you could PM him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Hello!

I'm also looking for highway pegs.

Does anybody has installed this stuff? ==> Lightning Performance Highway Peg Kit

Regards from Germany,
    Alex

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs for RS

I have highway pegs on my RS.
    But, I got them for a song from the dealer in my town when he quit selling spyders. They were so easy to put on and I love having them. Makes it nice to move out my long legs on longer rides.

As for that brand. I am not sure how they are or anything else. Sorry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool KEWLMETAL

Hi i have installed highway pegs from Kewlmetal item no KD-245 I have found them to be very good .
    cheers mick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now that everybody is getting all warm and fuzzy over highway pegs... take a look at the thread on brake levers and be reminded that your right foot is now going to be nowhere near where it needs to be when the hits the fan.

Just sayin'...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hello,

I already considered the highway pegs from Kewlmetal since they look really strong but I'm afraid that they won't fit for me. I'm 6' 4" tall - 34" inseam.

I alternated between two options: The footrest brackets from ESI and the highway pegs from ISCI.

Now I found the parts from Lightning Performance - look quite strong too (similar to the ISCI parts) but I've not seen any of these mounted on a "real" Spyder GS/RS.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions! Pictures are very welcomed too ;-)

Regards,
    Alex

Spyder Garage

I've had Kewlmetal highway brackets and Kury ISO Wings on mine for a couple if years. Love them!
    BIOSAB

Spyder Garage

Default kill joy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Now that everybody is getting all warm and fuzzy over highway pegs... take a look at the thread on brake levers and be reminded that your right foot is now going to be nowhere near where it needs to be when the hits the fan.

Just sayin'...
    That's what makes highway pegs so exciting!
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

befor you serch and cant find what you need look at the front page the venders are there and have many kinds of hy, pegs,and they suport are board.i bought everthing i have from them,theres ever thing you need spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    That's what makes highway pegs so exciting!
    The only excitement that I need anymore, is wondering if I'm going to make it to the can on time!

We'll need somebody to actually work up some forward controls for those alternate pegs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BioSab View Post
    I've had Kewlmetal highway brackets and Kury ISO Wings on mine for a couple if years. Love them!
    I have the same set up and it works out fine, once you get used to them. However, I only use them on the highway, which (of course) is why they are called highway brackets. I only mention that b/c others have mentioned your foot is not near the brake (or the shifter for SM5's). On the highway, I don't use them if I feel I'm being boxed in. JMO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool yep

[QUOTENow that everybody is getting all warm and fuzzy over highway pegs... take a look at the thread on brake levers and be reminded that your right foot is now going to be nowhere near where it needs to be when the hits the fan.

Just sayin'...][/QUOTE]

well theyre for the highway not around town ,i have noticed that i can use the brake from them with my heel if the need arises on the highway.
    just sayin
    cheers mick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Highway pegs for RS

Are there any highway pegs that do not stick out so far? I have a 32" inseam and the most comfortable for me is to rest my feet on the black plastic flared part. Any further forward or wider apart, and it hyper extends my hips and knees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by asp125; 01-01-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Are there any highway pegs that do not stick out so far? I have a 32" inseam and the most comfortable for me is to rest many feet on the black plastic flared part. Any further forward or wider apart, and it hyper extends my hips and knees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

it looks like the rivco highway pegs may be what you are looking for. I'm going to purchase a set myself very soon.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Hello,

today I got the information from two different distributors, that the production of the highway pegs from Lightning Performance has been discontinued.

Now I will go for the highway pegs from ISCI - the ESI footrest does not really look very stable.

I found only telephone numbers on www.isciride.com. Does anybody know, if they have an eMail address, too?

Regards,
    Alex

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Hello,

today I got the information from two different distributors, that the production of the highway pegs from Lightning Performance has been discontinued.

Now I will go for the highway pegs from ISCI - the ESI footrest does not really look very stable.

I found only telephone numbers on www.isciride.com. Does anybody know, if they have an eMail address, too?

Regards,
    Alex
    Go with what you want but I have had the ESI hiway pegs for 3 years and they have done just fine. BTW, I weight 270 lbs.
    I will say, if you are short or of average height, the ESI pegs are probably going to be too far forward for you.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.