Spyder Garage

Lightbulb California RT Owners Only: Quick Access Body Panel Kits

There was discussion in another thread from Lamont on the new oil change panel significantly reducing the time to do an oil change.

If you are not familiar with what I am bringing up here then listen to this from the owners event.

Spyderlover Jerbear suggested that we All contact BRP at brp.service@brp.com we might find out
    what is needed to be done to receive the benefit others are getting. worth a try!

Open for suggestions, I want this new panel

ticketbait

Spyder Garage

I did ?

" He said what wait!!!.......that's what I thought I heard too.

Have an idea TB.

Ask the folks here > brp.service@brp.com ........ if you hear back, let us know what they say.

"
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 09-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    I did ?
    yes you did, do you want me to provide the video evidence of that too

I believe we discussed this during lunch after fueling up on our trip back from Durango

was that before or after the big rig fell on it's side blocking all lanes for several hours in 100 degree temps

Spyder Garage

ok never mind, your right. I expanded what you said to include everyone since many voices can be stronger than one. Apologies for putting words in your mouth.
    I have already contacted BRP with your suggestion and will report back. I "ticketbait" hope everyone does the same.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

I would never admit to hanging around with me!!

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    yes you did, do you want me to provide the video evidence of that too

I believe we discussed this during lunch after fueling up on our trip back from Durango

was that before or after the big rig fell on it's side blocking all lanes for several hours in 100 degree temps

Spyder Garage

ok never mind, your right. I expanded what you said to include everyone since many voices can be stronger than one. Apologies for putting words in your mouth.
    I have already contacted BRP with your suggestion and will report back. I "ticketbait" hope everyone does the same.

Hey, I don't care. Really! It needs to be addressed and in the end that's what counts.

The wheels of the bus go round and round.......round and round.....round and round

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

To anyone who reads this. It's all in fun. I think he and I know each other well enough to kid around.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Go Get 'em

good post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Master View Post
    Go Get' em
    good post
    I wrote to BRP on Sept. 8th and received a response yesterday . I wrote and asked this:
    I reside in California, and have heard a rumor that us Californians will not be getting the free “Quick Access body panel kits” because they are not approved by our state.
    Can you please provide me the information as to whether or not this is true and who I need to contact if this is a fact.
    I own a 2010 RTS. Also if I purchase a 2013 will this panel be on the new model?

Thank you so much.
    They answered with this:
    Thank you for contacting BRP.

In response to your request, the new panel kit has been install on our Spyder produced after June/July 2012, due to different regulations in California, the new schedule maintenance can not be apply although the new parts can be installed ( I am assuming the oil filters good to 4600 miles and spark plugs) . We would kindly invite you to contact your authorized BRP dealership for the free quick access body panel kit.

Your dealer if need more details will be able to contact the part department.
    I am a little confused with the response but if someone here can explain what they wrote more clearly than I, I am interpreting that New Spyders will have the kits already on them. The new scheduled maintenance can not apply although new parts can be installed, and I can get the Quick access kit in CA, just the new maintenance schedule was not approved.

My dealership is contacting BRP to ask about the free kit. I will let you know what they find out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    .... if you hear back, let us know what they say.

"
    Ok, finally got an answer, indirectly, my dealership had BRP send them the free body panel kit
    that will be installed on my next oil change scheduled for the second week of January .

It appears it's not the body panel that needs approval from CA, its the oil filter being able to

last the 4600 miles instead of 3K that is needing approval. Anyhow I will have both plus the

new spark plugs again put in

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok, finally got an answer, indirectly, my dealership had BRP send them the free body panel kit
    that will be installed on my next oil change scheduled for the second week of January .

It appears it's not the body panel that needs approval from CA, its the oil filter being able to

last the 4600 miles instead of 3K that is needing approval. Anyhow I will have both plus the

new spark plugs again put in
    I was told we don't get the new schedule due to the C.A.R.B. laws.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I was told we don't get the new schedule due to the C.A.R.B. laws.
    Yes I believe you are correct, however since I never got the letter, I am not sure how it was worded, because the panel part should have nothing to do with the oil change interval being lengthened. Agree?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes I believe you are correct, however since I never got the letter, I am not sure how it was worded, because the panel part should have nothing to do with the oil change interval being lengthened. Agree?
    they are two different issues.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I talked to my dealer about the panel. They told me to call them a few weeks before I bring the bike in for service so they can order and receive it before I arrive.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Excellent, glad to hear that, I have mine waiting to be installed in about two weeks on my next oil change. My hope is that more Californian spyderlovers benefit by this thread, as we did not receive a letter.