Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash pouches.....

I installed the new three part one piece (or is it visa versa?) RT dash pouches about two weeks ago and after more than 500 miles it has neither come loose or moved out of line. Works great and holds just what you would want to put there. Looks good too. I'll update this posting with a pic tomorrow...smoky

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash Pouch

If it entails drilling holes, Hubby won't install this.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Work on RSS??

Does this work on a RSS or not??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think so... But I've not given much thought to that application of it...
    Let us know if you find out that it does fit!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Time to get

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Problem is that's where I moved my GPS mount. Besides With the cup holder, GPS and ham radio I have enough stuff hanging up front.
    Time to upgrade for a smaller remote head transceiver ! HI HI

Spyder Garage

I purchased one and installed it

it came loose the first day....... I am going to replace the thin velcro strips they provided with larger/heavy gauge velcro strips

also, I use the top dash bolts with ram mounts:

6lhWkr-1.jpg

so I have to make 2 small cuts to the leather base to make room for the mounts
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    Hey that center pouch looks like it will hold at least a 380 or a small 9m

AC
    That's what an in the waistband holster is for!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Glad to see they responded to our feedback. I have the original pouch - solid back and it didn't work very well because of the wind under the windshield making it lose. I cut the three bags apart and then used double sided outdoor tape to secure to the dash. It worked great. I sent them feedback about the change and they requested pictures. Guess what, the new design is just like mine.

It is nice to have the extra storage space at my fingertips, for sure.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Q

I've looked at these and determined they will block off all that nice "cooling" air flow, particulartly with the new windshield. Maybe it should be part of the "winterization kit?" The new BRP adjustable lower vents really seem to help in both summer and winter.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Hopnel Tri Bag Revue

I purchased bag set right after picking up my bike. followed placement directions ( easy-peasy) directions are clear and concise.. clean dash with ispropyl . peal tape backing and stick on.. nothing to it. Now, the revue. bags were in place about two weeks and triangle bag on the left raised up due to wind coming in from windshield, lifted reprepped area and used some adhesive promoter in area and stuck bag back on. Used a small roller on glue area for god adhesion, seemed to work, Didn't have any trouble with the middle bag or the triangle bag on the right BUT, that little bugger on the left was bound and determined to give me fits. About every 20 minutes or so during a ride I would have to repress down the bag on the left, that is until the thing blew completely off at 70 miles an hour on the freeway, Couldn't stop at the time so now I have two bags. have contacted the company and they are replacing bag. - I suspect inferior glue on the dash side of Velcro.... Other than that they are great I use them for my passes, camera junk and general stuff.... Recommend these bags? YES.. just check the glue with a stick of the finger before placing....
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Spyder Garage

I still have and like these bags - the glue never worked for me. Had to drill three holes & use the plastic rivets to hold the bags. That has worked for over a year, and any lifting isn't an issue anymore.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I posted on another thread that I've had my pouch on for a couple weeks or so, and still not sure if I like it. When I initially installed it with the provided Velcro, the thing almost blew off at highway speed. Was ready to put it in my pile for future flea markets. Then went to Home Depot, and bought their Velcro strips, waited 24 hrs for it to dry. Although the pouch has not experienced anything over 60-65 mph, so far so good. Curious to see what happens when the wife is not on back, and I can give the darn thing a real run for it's money on the highway.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    Just my opinion...... Sucks ....the guy who designed it should be fired, won't stick to dash very cheap Velcro, the two side pocket are good for nothing but pack of chewing gum, I am not going to go on... but anyone who pay-pals me 35.00 will send it anywhere lower 48 was on my bike 5 hours. Velcro I covered with wax paper maybe it will stick to your dash.
    Do you still have it?
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold