Thread: MP3 Player

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default MP3 Player

We have a 2011 Spyder RT, our mp3 player is a Sanza Fuze and does not work when connected to the stereo system through the connection in the rear trunk. Besides the IPOD what other mp3 players work. I am assuming the Sanza is not compatable. The dealer tried his IPOD and it worked but I do not have the funds to buy a IPOD at this time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Mp3

I have used multiple mp3 players on my 2011 RTS. They all worked. I also tried an old Sony Walkman CD player and it also worked fine. You don't get as much control with other mp3 that you get with the iPod. I would check the cable that came with the spyder to make sure it is not the problem.

zrc

I agree with MMcc, if you are going to use it, check that cable... I doubt it is your mp3 player, if it works well other ways. Not sure what the RT options are, but pending a smart phone, there is always bluetooth to RT smartphone and streaming music.

Spyder Garage

If your mp3 player has a 3.5 mm stereo headphone output, it should work. The audio mode needs to be set to "AUX" and the mp3 player hooked through the 3.5 mm adapter cable. That cable is included with the RTS and LTD, but needs to be purchased separately with the A&C. The mp3 player will not be able to be controlled from the handlebars, however, and will need to be turned on manually. The iPod is the only one that can be controlled and turns on automatically when plugged in.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default mp3

you have to use the stanard plug that fits in the head phone plug not the flat plug and a 12 volt plug I have the same mp3 a Ipod I bought in a pawn shop for $30
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
    We have a 2011 Spyder RT, our mp3 player is a Sanza Fuze and does not work when connected to the stereo system through the connection in the rear trunk. Besides the IPOD what other mp3 players work. I am assuming the Sanza is not compatable. The dealer tried his IPOD and it worked but I do not have the funds to buy a IPOD at this time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you can get your hands on an old AT style computer keyboard, it does have the proper pins to use. I soldered a 3.5mm plug up to the other end of the cord, and it works like a charm.