Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Any idea on what insurance costs for the Spyder?

I have Geico and am just wondering if they have even heard of the Spyder, let alone know how to insure it. Any thoughts?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Any idea on what insurance costs for the Spyder?

We have ins. thru Dairyland, very comprehensive policy, covers all kinds of stuff if you have problems far from home- cost arount $350/yr. (we live in Virginia) I have also heard that Progressive knows what a SPyder is.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Geico quoted me $1400 a year on the Spyder. The collision alone was $900.00. I stayed with progressive at about $750.00 a year. That is more than I pay for my 109 and Rune together with 3k each chrome adds. They have it listed in the Sport Bike catagory now so until they rate them different, I think it is quite high.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We have our trike insurance w/ State Farm and that whole trike concept really confused them, but they figured it out and I think we pay about $450/yr. Called them for a quote on the Spyder- took them an entire day to figure that out- again about $450/yr-they don't have a multi-bike discount. Dairyland does have so we'll switch our trike over too, I think.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

thanks for the information everyone..it sounds like Dairyland is the way to go. I have never heard of them in Connecticut but I wold think that I could get insured up here!

thanks again!!!!!